241 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Islandgirl93 said:

That’s very unfortunate, But I’d do a change of address. I know they claim to have your actual address but just to clear have them update it. Also check with your post office. My lawyer had advised me to get a mail box at the post office. I doubt they could mess your mail up if it’s being left in the same building. Look into those options. We’re all humans and we make mistakes but sometimes so cause more damage than others

I have called up to change address twice, both times they have told me they have the address on file that it should be, however it is still being sent to a different address.

They are simply changing one number at the end of the address which messes everything up, from the correct address its the number next to the right one on the keyboard so it looks to be a repeated admin error. I know this because when my NOA was resent I can see the initial address it was sent to.

We are humans and make mistakes yes, once is a mistake, twice is negligence and unacceptable.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Just updating: I had my biometrics appointment on Dec 6. Got there at 9:15 for our 10am appointment and was done by 9:45. The case status for my I-485 and I-765 were both updated to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed". Now we wait for a very long time. Unfortunately, I think we'll be getting a RFE because we sent the wrong tax forms so that'll add a few months to our wait time as well 🙃

Concurrent filing of 485, 130, and 765 (AOS from tourist visa)
25.05.19 - Arrival in US
31.07.19 - Married on a B2 visa
01.11.19 - Filed packet with USPS
04.11.19 - Forms received and signed for
13.11.19 - Checks cashed and notified by text
18.11.19 - NOA1 for the 3 forms received in the mail (Notice date 13.11.19)
22.11.19 - Biometrics letter received (Notice date 15.11.19)

06.12.19 - Biometrics appointment complete

03.01.20 - RFIE for I-485 mailed

Timeline
On 12/6/2019 at 3:29 PM, JW93 said:

Update;

My case status changed to “Notice was returned to USCIS because the post office could not deliver it”. After calling up twice over the past two weeks to ensure the right address was on file,  it seems they sent out another notice (which I imagine is biometrics) AGAIN to the wrong address. It goes on to say this could have a severe effect on my case.

I called up to discuss this and they said they don’t know what the returned notice was, and to call back Monday to speak to someone higher up.

I’m at a loss for words, once is an accident, twice is negligence. Absolutely fuming right now. 

I really hope this person higher up can clear everything up. It really sucks that you have to suffer for their mistakes. 

25.05.19 - Arrival in US

1 hour ago, Mike&Tammy said:

Just updating: I had my biometrics appointment on Dec 6. Got there at 9:15 for our 10am appointment and was done by 9:45. The case status for my I-485 and I-765 were both updated to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed". Now we wait for a very long time. Unfortunately, I think we'll be getting a RFE because we sent the wrong tax forms so that'll add a few months to our wait time as well 🙃

If you have an idea of what the rfe is just put them together. If you should get the rfe just send the necessary stuff from all you’ve collected. The sooner you send it back the faster they start working back on your case. 

Hey guys!

Just did my biometrics appt in Alexandria, Va. Was in and out in about 20 mins total. 

Recap:

Filed: 11/12/2019

Received Texts : 11/19/2019

Received Hard copies: 11/ 24/2019

Received Biometrics Letter: 11/29/2019

Biometrics complete: 12/12/2019.

Trying to expedite now for a job offer I'm expecting in the next few days. Any idea how long fingerprinting takes to process on average?

Timeline
1 hour ago, CDNgirl09 said:

Hey guys!

Just did my biometrics appt in Alexandria, Va. Was in and out in about 20 mins total. 

Recap:

Trying to expedite now for a job offer I'm expecting in the next few days. Any idea how long fingerprinting takes to process on average?

My case was changed to "Fingerprint Review Complete" within a few hours of the biometrics appointment. I was thinking of expediting as well. What sort of evidence are you sending?

Edited by Mike&Tammy

25.05.19 - Arrival in US

8 minutes ago, Mike&Tammy said:

My case was changed to "Fingerprint Review Complete" within a few hours of the biometrics appointment. I was thinking of expediting as well. What sort of evidence are you sending?

Hey!

I did a lot of digging around on this website and it looks like just the job offer and the letter you get from USCIS detailing your expedite request should be sufficient. Others included outstanding debts/bills etc. Not sure if it makes a difference. Google EAD expedite visajourney and you'll see tons of examples.   Thanks for the headsup!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Fennik said:

Its extremely agitating to see people getting their Bio appointment in this thread, when October and September filers still haven't gotten them. I understand there is a queue, but where is the performance management? Fire the dead weight.

Did you call? What did they say about your appointment? Is your field office really busy? Waiting that long for a 5 minute appointment seems strange.

25.05.19 - Arrival in US

On 12/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, JW93 said:

I have called up to change address twice, both times they have told me they have the address on file that it should be, however it is still being sent to a different address.

They are simply changing one number at the end of the address which messes everything up, from the correct address its the number next to the right one on the keyboard so it looks to be a repeated admin error. I know this because when my NOA was resent I can see the initial address it was sent to.

We are humans and make mistakes yes, once is a mistake, twice is negligence and unacceptable.

Update;

After calling up three different days I was finally able to be transferred to a second officer yesterday.

My biometrics appointment was originally scheduled for Nov 14th but I never received it because it was sent to a different address than the one they had on file (they confirmed thats what my missed notice was).

I was apologised too for the issue and told whoever was in charge of my case had made repeated typographical errors, something which they aren't even supposed to do as are supposed to copy and paste information. I was also able to book a biometrics appointment for this friday and assured this still shouldn't impact the length of my case, as the priority date stays the same. 

44 minutes ago, Fennik said:

Its extremely agitating to see people getting their Bio appointment in this thread, when October and September filers still haven't gotten them. I understand there is a queue, but where is the performance management? Fire the dead weight.

I would call up and submit a request, my appointment was 14th Nov (one month after filing) and never received it. Only saw on my case status that a notice couldn't be delivered to me and was returned on the 6th Dec.

Hi,

I Had a question. I jjust sent in my AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox. The petitioner lives in Dallas and the beneficiary lives in Charlotte. The AOS package was sent from Charlotte. So which field office will our application be directed to?

AOS  (I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-693, I-485, I-765) from H1B, based on Marriage to a USC:

12/11/2019 - Package mailed via USPS

12/12/2019 - Package delivered

12/23/2019 - USCIS cashed the checks. Received text notifications from USCIS with case numbers (12/12 - Case was received, 12/19/2019 - Fingerprint fee was received)

12/27/2019 - Received the 4 NOAs in the mail

12/30/2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 1/10/2020

12/31/2019 - Biometrics Walk-In at Dallas, TX.  I-485, I-765 : Cases were updated to show that the Fingerprints were taken

01/09/2020 - EAD/AP expedite made (refer to my timeline for more details on this)

02/06/2020 - EAD/AP Approved

02/12/2020 - Received the Combo Card

02/14/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

I-485 - Interview Scheduled at wrong state:

10/27/2020 - Received a text saying that an action was taken on my case

10/30/2020 - Received an email saying that an interview was scheduled - Case status : Testing and interview

10/30/2020 - Case status changed to 'Interview was scheduled'

11/04/2020 - Received the Interview appointment letter - scheduled in old state North Carolina for December 3rd

11/05/2020 - Called USCIS and requested to talk to Tier 2 officer - opened an SR

11/06/2020 - Received an email that the request was closed as they couldn't contact me - but they didn't

11/09/2020 - Opened another SR to talk to a Tier 2 officer

11/16/2020 - Tier 2 officer called and said that we need to interview at our home state, but I could take a chance and go to North Carolina.  So I requested to reschedule interview at Dallas, TX.

11/16/2020 - Received an email with a Referral ID and that my request was submitted to NBC

11/17/2020 - Received an email - my request to reschedule interview has been forwarded to a scheduling department

11/17/2020 - Received an email with my Case status: Testing and Interview and now it has the status - 'Request to reschedule my appointment was received'

12/31/2020 - We cancelled your interview

12/31/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

01/12/2021 - Interview was scheduled (received an email as well)

EAD/AP renewal:

11/10/2020 - Shipped EAD/AP renewal documents via USPS

11/12/2020 - USCIS received the documents

11/18/2020 - Received 2 texts with the Receipt numbers for I-765 and I-131, Case Status was - 'Case was Received and a receipt notice was emailed' for both the cases. Received no emails though

12/01/2020 - Received the 2 NOAs in mail
01/06/2021 - We are producing your new card

01/08/2021 - We produced your new card - Card was picked up by the USPS

01/13/2021 - Combo Card was delivered to me

Filed: Other Country: Bahamas
Timeline
5 hours ago, CDNgirl09 said:

Hey guys!

Recap:

Had my own done yesterday as well. I was there for about a hour from entry to exit. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.