802 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Paco415 said:

Good Lord, I hope my case wasn’t transferred from Texas to Nebraska, I might just end up drinking a whole bottle of Patrón over that ... 😫

You and me both!😭 

22 hours ago, Daxnet said:

Some cases are unique to a particular service center.

When they come across a unique case they simply transfer to the appropriate service center for such unique case.

So that's why you see cases leaving almighty Texas to other centers and also cases going to overpopulated Nebraska service center.

How do we know which cases are ‘unique’ to a service centre? Is it based on beneficiary location or...?

2 hours ago, LondonerCat said:

beneficiary location

definitely not based on beneficiary location. they say its random.  it also seems like processing times are all going to balance out between service centers in the end now that everything is digital .....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Paco415 said:

Good Lord, I hope my case wasn’t transferred from Texas to Nebraska, I might just end up drinking a whole bottle of Patrón over that ... 😫

Oh, I want Patron too 🤣

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Guys I just received text update and status online changed to “my case is being actively reviewed by uscis”.

I know this doesn’t necessarily indicate a fast response but I’m excited and nervous at the same time 😅

I’m about to board a flight and almost anxious that I’ll miss an update while in the air haha

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

Guys I just received text update and status online changed to “my case is being actively reviewed by uscis”.

I know this doesn’t necessarily indicate a fast response but I’m excited and nervous at the same time 😅

I’m about to board a flight and almost anxious that I’ll miss an update while in the air haha

Wowzers! How exciting!  Presume you guys expedited? Fingers crossed for you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

@Inita do you remember how many days after this status update you received NOA2?

Hey dear, I never received such an update- I had requested expedites on December 12th, my expedite request approved on the 20th of December with an email that also said, we would hear within 45 days if i130 was approved. On day 50 I sent an email (as response to their email) and asked what was going on. 4 days later my status changed to approved and NVC sent me a case number just a few days later.

My son's i130 is still lost in the orbit unfortunately...

I hope you will be approved very very soon 🤞🤗

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Quarknase said:

That’s good news.

Timeline

Everyone has been mentioning getting transferred to other offices without any notification. So I decided to send a message on the USCIS website to find out. I got an automated reply saying that I'm now at the VERMONT center. I was originally at the Nebraska center and thought that it was supposedly the slowest of them all. The second I looked at the processing times for Vermont, my heart sank. I don't understand how this could happen?! And why wasn't I notified?? Feeling very upset right now... 😥

image0.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Trish and Oli posted this. Thx 

Here is an article that just came out from Boundless regarding the transfer of applications. 

https://www.boundless.com/blog/green-card-processing-time/

12 minutes ago, Kelsee said:

Everyone has been mentioning getting transferred to other offices without any notification. So I decided to send a message on the USCIS website to find out. I got an automated reply saying that I'm now at the VERMONT center. I was originally at the Nebraska center and thought that it was supposedly the slowest of them all. The second I looked at the processing times for Vermont, my heart sank. I don't understand how this could happen?! And why wasn't I notified?? Feeling very upset right now... 😥

image0.png

Don’t panic - reading the Boundless blog posted below your comment, you should not face a longer waiting time as they will honour the previous SC waiting time - aka, the processing times for Nebraska. 

I’ve asked my husband to send them a message and check our case too. Fingers are so tightly crossed for us all!

Timeline
1 minute ago, LondonerCat said:

Don’t panic - reading the Boundless blog posted below your comment, you should not face a longer waiting time as they will honour the previous SC waiting time - aka, the processing times for Nebraska. 

I’ve asked my husband to send them a message and check our case too. Fingers are so tightly crossed for us all!

Oh that's good to hear! I hope that's the case!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, LondonerCat said:

Is the processing time average , from the time you file it or from the time you get the receipt notice ?

Timeline
2 hours ago, LondonerCat said:

Wowzers! How exciting!  Presume you guys expedited? Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you! I assume so too. I requested expedite. Never received a response but the RFE a month later

Timeline

Re the transfer discussion - I believe for IOE cases the center is irrelevant and if everyone keeps calling and messaging asking about the actual center we just create backlogs on that end :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.