Timmy123

GUYS I am in trouble please help !!!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

AFAIK if you fail a drug test the doctor would reach out to you. For example if you fail an STD test doctor wouldn't just send the failed medical exam to the embassy, they would reach out to you and dicuss what needs to happen to pass the medical (IE treatment process and retesting). OP how long ago was your medical?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is hashish legal in your country? Maybe that would make a difference if it was? 

That’s a hard place to be in. I’d go to your interview and If asked about it be as honest as you can be. 

IMO it would be worse to just no show to your interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
51 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

I don't think so.   I never had it (I was asked; and answered honestly) and the handful of people I know who have done K-1, CR-1 and one other person doing AOS who lives in my state all haven't had drug tests. All different doctors, too.  (Edit: LOL seems this has been a common "well someone else has said it already") 

For those reading and worried about drug use and the medical - I wouldn't hang my hat on this one as someone who has yet to do medical and is a habitual drug user - I'd say err on the side of "you'll be tested" and get clean & be honest.  A year ban and going through that is better than getting caught still using drugs while inside the US and potentially having issues after that. Don't forget that any kind of federal crime can and will catch up with you during removal of conditions or citizenship proceedings.

I spoke with someone and he told me that maybe depending on how you answer the questions on the medical form, they will subject you to a 

Drug test

Edited by Keem12

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mezyan said:

Is hashish legal in your country? Maybe that would make a difference if it was? 

That’s a hard place to be in. I’d go to your interview and If asked about it be as honest as you can be. 

IMO it would be worse to just no show to your interview. 

It doesn't matter if it's legal in his country.  He's applying for a US immigration visa, and that visa can be denied for drug use even if it's legal in his country.

Just now, aaron2020 said:

It doesn't matter if it's legal in his country.  He's applying for a US immigration visa, and that visa can be denied for drug use even if it's legal in his country.

Yup.  Just like how recreational cannabis is legal in many US states, but federally it remains illegal.  There is no tolerance when it comes to the borders or immigration.

Just now, Keem12 said:

Did he stated if he was honest at the medical ? If he lied to them that would mean he will be denied. 

Meaning if he reported no drug use, but was tested and found to be positive?  

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

It's a question on your medical paperwork. 

Been through (4) of them.  We know what’s on the paperwork LOL.  

I don’t recall any drug screening tests.  We always ask for and get copies of the results.  

Ain’t any mention of drug test results anywhere on that examination record.

Lying is another issue and drug use / abuse is material to the decision.  OP better come clean at the interview and not repeat that lie before an IO.  

Just now, Keem12 said:

Yes

Well there is the conundrum.  If drug testing is not a mandatory part of the panel physician exam, it would occur only based on what the patient reported.  So it could be missed clinically.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Well there is the conundrum.  If drug testing is not a mandatory part of the panel physician exam, it would occur only based on what the patient reported.  So it could be missed clinically.

I was having a discussion with a gentleman and he was informing me that he had to do a drug test (which I found odd because my wife didn't have to) because he used drugs in past and when he went to the interview they told him that he had to do a drug test (which he did ) and went back to the embassy within 3 weeks time and got accepted.

He said he answered yes on some the drug use and alcohol questions.  

Edited by Keem12

6 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Boiler i am wondering if you came across as shady lol

Not our Boiler.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

never lie to consular officer , so appear in interview and if asked about drugs do tell them .. and follow up whatever they ask you to do next , and for your own sake bro , Stop doing Drugs of all kind its bad for you and your health .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.