Timmy123

GUYS I am in trouble please help !!!

47 posts in this topic

Just now, Timmy123 said:

happy. Can you please guide me the best solution? I am clean right now. Should I get ban for 1 year? What are the complications after 1 year? like Do I have to apply from start or whats is the procedure? Please guide me honestly.

Everybody here is trying to help you.

The only way I see correct is go to your interview and try it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Juli. said:

Everybody here is trying to help you.

The only way I see correct is go to your interview and try it.

Can you please guide me the procedure of after 1 year ban? Like what will happen to my case? Like they will close my case or they will hold my case for 1 year and after that they will reschedule my interview etc ?  please answer Thanks in advance for taking you precious time.

Edited by Timmy123

5 minutes ago, Timmy123 said:

Can you please guide me the procedure of after 1 year ban? Like what will happen to my case? Like they will close my case or they will hold my case for 1 year and after that they will reschedule my interview etc ?  please answer Thanks in advance for taking you precious time.

I really don't what will happen with your case if they ban you. Normally when somebody is banned they need to apply again. Start from 0.

I find this information and maybe help you (in the end says maybe the CO can ask for more evidence.

Try to be calm, talk with your wife and be prepared for your interview. 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-8

A. Drug Abuse or Drug Addiction

Applicants who are found to be drug abusers or addicts are inadmissible. [1] Drug abuse and drug addiction are current substance-use disorders or substance-induced disorders of a controlled substance listed in Section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act, as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association or by another authoritative source as determined by the Director. [2] 

In 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) changed the Technical Instructions on how a civil surgeon determines whether an applicant is a drug abuser or drug addict. [3] The civil surgeon must now make this determination according to the DSM as specified in the Technical Instructions. [4] 

If the applicant is classified as a drug abuser or addict, the applicant can apply again for an immigration benefit if his or her drug abuse or addiction is in remission. Remission is now defined by DSM criteria, and no longer by a set timeframe as it was under previous Technical Instructions. [5] In order for an applicant’s drug abuse or addiction to be classified as in remission, the applicant must return to a civil surgeon for a new assessment.

If the officer has reason to question the completeness or accuracy of the medical examination report, the officer should ask CDC to review the medical report before sending a Request for Evidence (RFE).

Most applicants who are found to be drug abusers or addicts are ineligible for a waiver; the availability depends, however, on the immigration benefit the applicant seeks. [6]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Juli. said:

I really don't what will happen with your case if they ban you. Normally when somebody is banned they need to apply again. Start from 0.

I find this information and maybe help you (in the end says maybe the CO can ask for more evidence.

Try to be calm, talk with your wife and be prepared for your interview. 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-8

A. Drug Abuse or Drug Addiction

Applicants who are found to be drug abusers or addicts are inadmissible. [1] Drug abuse and drug addiction are current substance-use disorders or substance-induced disorders of a controlled substance listed in Section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act, as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association or by another authoritative source as determined by the Director. [2] 

In 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) changed the Technical Instructions on how a civil surgeon determines whether an applicant is a drug abuser or drug addict. [3] The civil surgeon must now make this determination according to the DSM as specified in the Technical Instructions. [4] 

If the applicant is classified as a drug abuser or addict, the applicant can apply again for an immigration benefit if his or her drug abuse or addiction is in remission. Remission is now defined by DSM criteria, and no longer by a set timeframe as it was under previous Technical Instructions. [5] In order for an applicant’s drug abuse or addiction to be classified as in remission, the applicant must return to a civil surgeon for a new assessment.

If the officer has reason to question the completeness or accuracy of the medical examination report, the officer should ask CDC to review the medical report before sending a Request for Evidence (RFE).

Most applicants who are found to be drug abusers or addicts are ineligible for a waiver; the availability depends, however, on the immigration benefit the applicant seeks. [6]

Thanks for your help. :(

2 minutes ago, Timmy123 said:

Thanks for your help. :(

Did you was arrested or something before involving drugs? 

Is a tough situation but try to share with your wife because she needs to know and then you 2 can talk and decide what to do because any decision affects both of you. 

Good luck and let us now any updates. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Juli. said:

Did you was arrested or something before involving drugs? 

Is a tough situation but try to share with your wife because she needs to know and then you 2 can talk and decide what to do because any decision affects both of you. 

Good luck and let us now any updates. 

No never. I used the substance for fun occasionally. But now I see the bigger picture. Yes, I will share this with my wife. I should take this as a wake up call from bigger power (GOD) and get clean. 
Yes, I will share the rest of my story. Thanks for your support.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

No one is going to tell u how to lie about your drug use. Accept that you will have a one year ban and focus on getting clean. Or seek counseling and address why you use it. 

Do you know the process after one year ban?

6 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Don't scare monger.  Drug testing is not part of the normal medical exam.  

That's correct most certainly is not a regular part of the exam!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Already addressed

Edited by Sarge2155
already addressed

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hi OP,

From what I know there are a lot of factors that determine the tests and the length of the bans. If their is any indication of previous drug use (ie visual evidence to dr of drug use, it's in medical summary, or it is admitted on the ds 160/260) they will drug test at the medical. If not, no drug test.

A lot of the determination of if there is a ban or if not has to do with each individual case and country. I have seen a poster on here from the uk who got a strange 6 month ban for marijuana. I can see if I can find that post again. I have also seen people get the standard year ban for it. I'm not sure what the protocol is for other drugs but US law classifies them all as illegal so that is what they follow. 

If you do get the year ban, you will get tested every few months. I'm not sure if its random or not. I believe your case will sit at the embassy until the year is up and you will have to do the medical and interview again. 

Always be honest about everything. 

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Timmy123 said:

I know for sure it will show up in my medical test.

This is something you don't know.  The results of your medical exam are sealed and sent directly to the embassy or consulate for the officer to review before or during your interview.  I would suggest that you go to the interview and see what happens.  You may get approved for your visa.  If not, they will tell you the reason, and if it is because of something of concern from the medical, do what they say to correct it.  No need to freak out.  If asked in the interview about past drug use, be honest and truthful, then deal with the consequences.  Hopefully you will get approved, be positive.  Good luck!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Now I feel nervous and jumpy and paranoid.  They test for drugs at the medical exam?

It's a question on your medical paperwork. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you lied on the medical form? If not, then I don't see were you should have problems. I met a guy here that smokes weed and he got accepted because he was being honest on form. (Not  everyone have the same luck) but I hope you was being honest with them 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was. It tested for drugs, obviously some are.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.