majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

@Ar77668 - Congratulations. From what I understand, the vast majority of people are asked for additional evidence during their interview, so you're probably overthinking this. 

Great news! The interview has been scheduled! Not sure of the date but saw an update on the website that as of December a notice for interview was sent.. Now I will be stalking the mail notifications and prepping for the medical.. We applied in oct of last year and made a mistake so had to resubmit in November.. I hope this helps :)

EAD renewal:
December 7, 2020 New Card Is Being Produced
October 27, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
October 5, 2020 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

no news on I-131:
October 23, 2020 Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

Just now, BellaUnion said:

@kers123 - Did the case numbers for your renewal start with MSC or IOE?

I should have mentioned that in my previous post:

3 hours ago, kers123 said:
EAD renewal:
December 7, 2020 New Card Is Being Produced
October 27, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
October 5, 2020 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

no news on I-131:
October 23, 2020 Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

EAD starts with MSC

I-131 starts with IOE

5 minutes ago, kers123 said:

I should have mentioned that in my previous post:

EAD starts with MSC

I-131 starts with IOE

That's most likely why they're on diffrent timelines, though, judging by the timelines I've seen, would expect the IOE one to have processed faster. Your EAD processed surprisingly fast for non-electronic filing. I filed at the beginning of September - both cases MSC. Still waiting. Good luck with your AP.

Timeline
On 12/4/2020 at 9:26 AM, bedi1919 said:

Great news! The interview has been scheduled! Not sure of the date but saw an update on the website that as of December a notice for interview was sent.. Now I will be stalking the mail notifications and prepping for the medical.. We applied in oct of last year and made a mistake so had to resubmit in November.. I hope this helps :)

A new Medical is not needed. You already submitted it as part of your application.

—- I am Surge!!  Love me or hate me. I am surge 

On 12/7/2020 at 6:10 PM, Surge420 said:

A new Medical is not needed. You already submitted it as part of your application.

—- I am Surge!!  Love me or hate me. I am surge 

It actually wasn't submitted with the application. Our case is a bit unique but thanks for the assist.. I am sure someone might need to hear that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 12/1/2020 at 7:35 AM, Ar77668 said:

Had our I485 interview today. It was at 9 AM and were done by 9.20 AM including waiting outside because of limited seating (due to Covid).
We were asked the usual standard questions, and the officer made some notes on our case like employer change etc. The officer was really nice and friendly. After the standard questions he asked us about how we met, when did we move in and so on. I offered a recently filled and signed I-864 affidavit with new job details, tax returns etc. but the officer said that will not be necessary.

I believe the story was no convincing enough (my wife disagrees and thinks it was just due diligence on the officer's part) because he asked if we brought some more evidence with us that was not in the submitted case. We had the photos printed recently and carried the album with us. They are more interested in the journey and how the relationship progressed as opposed to just the wedding day. After looking through the album and some friendly chat he said that he will be approving the case and told us about the next steps like N-400 and I-751 after 2 years, that was really nice of him.

I am still over analyzing the interview and why additional evidence was asked, could be just due diligence like my wife said or could be that I didn't tell the story convincingly, which was as simple as we just met online and really liked each other, moved in together next year and then married after two etc. And simple hobbies, nothing that stands out. (As opposed to say I met XYZ while hiking and we both share that passion and still do)
I would recommend for others who are yet to go through the interview to think about your journey together before hand, to avoid getting a brain fog in interview and also to have the photos showing your relationship over time.

Our interviewer asked the typical questions and then asked if we bought "bona fides" showing our life together in the USA. Like shared property, shared bank accounts and credit cards, statements showing we both actually used the bank and credit card accounts, shared health insurance, etc. He skipped right over the photos of wedding and travel together.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My wife's green card interview took place a week ago. It was originally scheduled for April but postponed due to COVID.

The interviewer said he wasn't sure he could approve that day because her K-1 medical exam was done more than a year ago, so we might get an RFE for a new medical exam.

Several hours later I got an email about the approval of her green card. It arrived today.

Edited by jaysaldi

Received my new I-765 today with the start date of the current I-765's end date. I also applied for the Advance Parole  I-131and I got no news on that one yet, this new I-765 is not a combo card because it says not valid for reentry.

What happens when the Advance Parole does get approved? Will I receive a new combo card? 

13 minutes ago, kers123 said:

Received my new I-765 today with the start date of the current I-765's end date. I also applied for the Advance Parole  I-131and I got no news on that one yet, this new I-765 is not a combo card because it says not valid for reentry.

What happens when the Advance Parole does get approved? Will I receive a new combo card? 

Hi when did you apply for I-765?

23 hours ago, kers123 said:

Unlikely. You'll probably receive a separate paper AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.