majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Got my new medical exam results today and mailed them in to my field office. Hopefully they receive it ASAP and approve my AOS. The guy who interviewed us said he was keeping my file out on his desk to approve as soon as he gets my medical exam results (it told him I was going the day after my interview to get it done) - Still pissed off they lost the original.

According to the USCIS website they aren’t doing in person interviews but they are still in the office. 

On another note, anyone know how to remove the condition in your ssc with the offices closed? I got my EAD but my SSC still has the “can’t work” condition on it (got it with my I129f when I got here)

Hope it will get approved soon. 

Can't do anything about the text on your card until you get your greencard anyways cause the EAD is exactly what the text is referring to. You can only get it removed after you get the greencard.

20 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Hope it will get approved soon. 

Can't do anything about the text on your card until you get your greencard anyways cause the EAD is exactly what the text is referring to. You can only get it removed after you get the greencard.

I got my SSC before I got my EAD - I am not able to work so the condition in my SSC that says I can’t work needs to be removed. 

I have two potential jobs on the horizon,... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Got my new medical exam results today and mailed them in to my field office. Hopefully they receive it ASAP and approve my AOS. The guy who interviewed us said he was keeping my file out on his desk to approve as soon as he gets my medical exam results (it told him I was going the day after my interview to get it done) - Still pissed off they lost the original.

According to the USCIS website they aren’t doing in person interviews but they are still in the office. 

On another note, anyone know how to remove the condition in your ssc with the offices closed? I got my EAD but my SSC still has the “can’t work” condition on it (got it with my I129f when I got here)

I think you can work already. Using your employment card.. that goes with your ssc.. since with a greencard you won’t need the ead card anymore..

Timeline
45 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

I got my SSC before I got my EAD - I am not able to work so the condition in my SSC that says I can’t work needs to be removed. 

I have two potential jobs on the horizon,... 

Doesn't your SSC say that you're only allowed to work with DHS authorisation? That's what it should say at least otherwise SSA messed up and there's probably nothing you can do right now when they're closed except to call them

Edited by Letspaintcookies

3 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Doesn't your SSC say that you're only allowed to work with DHS authorisation? That's what it should say at least otherwise SSA messed up and there's probably nothing you can do right now when they're closed except to call them

Hmm yes it does say that,.. awesome though get i had to remove the conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, KenandBina said:

Hmm yes it does say that,.. awesome though get i had to remove the conditions

See then you're perfectly fine 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How Long did it take from "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview" and "Case has been scheduled for interview"  for those of you who already have your interview dates for the green card?

Edited by Nneamaka Egbai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Nneamaka Egbai said:

How Long did it take from "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview" and "Case has been scheduled for interview"  for those of you who already have your interview dates for the green card?

I saw someone on here that took 2 months. For me it was 2 days. So it really depends 

Just now, KristineGB said:

I saw someone on here that took 2 months. For me it was 2 days. So it really depends 

7 days and my interview was one month later.... it was the last day before no more in person interviews.... they lost my medical exam results - which they told me in the interview- so I went the next day and just picked up and mailed in the results yesterday.... fingers crossed it’s approved soon. 

right now my status says - interview completed and my case must be reviewed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, KenandBina said:

7 days and my interview was one month later.... it was the last day before no more in person interviews.... they lost my medical exam results - which they told me in the interview- so I went the next day and just picked up and mailed in the results yesterday.... fingers crossed it’s approved soon. 

Ugh that’s so annoying!! With all the time it takes for them to look at our cases how do they make mistakes like lose your exam? It’s not like they will reimburse you for taking another one. Seems super unfair to me. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Yeah, Fair enough. Any movement on your EAD though?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Awwww sorry about that. What kind of questions were you asked during the interview? and did you have to go with your spouse?

37 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Ugh that’s so annoying!! With all the time it takes for them to look at our cases how do they make mistakes like lose your exam? It’s not like they will reimburse you for taking another one. Seems super unfair to me. 

Totally agree! The doctor I went to said this is common too 🤦🏻‍♀️ Such bs. 

worst part is having to go to a clinic and lab during this virus outbreak 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.