majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DonnieOlena said:

Thxs Sarge. Hopefully this goes better than getting the SSN that still has never been answered since September

What happened?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, CaliNY said:

Just received an update that our Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview! I'm managing my expectations for our New York City office but I'm pumped!

Hi CaliNY, how many days between this and when your RFE was received? My RFE response was just notified this morning. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

What happened?

Sarge I do not know. I called and check up on the SSN and said they would follow-up. Sounded like someone there did not do it correct. We have them everything they ask for. All information was in SAVE when I checked. But know it's to late and Everytime I call it's a 45+ minute wait on phone and I have no time for that at work

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
6 minutes ago, _Layne said:

Hi CaliNY, how many days between this and when your RFE was received? My RFE response was just notified this morning. 

They notified us our response to the RFIE was received on January 17 and we received this update today, January 31; so exactly 14 days between the two. 

K1                                                                                 AOS

10/11/2018: I-129F mailed                                     11/5/19: Package mailed

10/15/2018: I-129F delivered                                 11/7/19: Package delivered

10/19/2018: Text confirmation                              11/14/19: NOA1   

10/18/2018:  NOA1 date on hardcopy                  12/9/19: Biometrics  

10/25/2018:  NOA1 hardcopy in mail                     01/13/20: RFIE received

03/22/19:  NOA2 date on hardcopy                        01/17/20: RFIE response received by USCIS

05/30/19:  Received Packet                                     01/31/20: Case Is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

07/16/19:  Interview (approved)

07/18/19:  Visa in hand  :joy:

08/26/19:  Arrives in US  :luv:

09/26/19: Married 🤵🏾👰🏾

15 minutes ago, DonnieOlena said:

Sarge I do not know. I called and check up on the SSN and said they would follow-up. Sounded like someone there did not do it correct. We have them everything they ask for. All information was in SAVE when I checked. But know it's to late and Everytime I call it's a 45+ minute wait on phone and I have no time for that at work

Wow ours took awhile too like 6 weeks, but not this long. Did they give you the receipt letter stating that you had applied on XX date?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Wow ours took awhile too like 6 weeks, but not this long. Did they give you the receipt letter stating that you had applied on XX date?

Yes I did. I think it comes down to they have no clue what to do. And I-94 has expired so nothing I can do now. I still have letter they gave us , but no other communication from them.

2 minutes ago, DonnieOlena said:

Yes I did. I think it comes down to they have no clue what to do. And I-94 has expired so nothing I can do now. I still have letter they gave us , but no other communication from them.

Did you try to take that letter and go back to the same office and ask for a supervisor or manager. September that's  four months, something definitely is amiss here.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Uh oh. I got an update that my wife's EAD card was mailed on Janaury 30. Then I got an update yesterday that the card was delivered to my mailbox - in  Houston according to the USPS tracking.

Now I don't know if: (a) it was delivered to the wrong place, (b) it's still on the way and was just mis-scanned as delivered, or (c) USCIS is mistakenly updating us with the status of someone other applicant entirely who lives in Houston.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everyone! So nice to read all your updates! On to my case, we received a RFIE for birth certificate and I-864 asking us for a joint sponsor (not because we are not above poverty line, but because we messed up by sending tax account information instead of return). We also included my husband's employment verification letter and four months of paystubs, to prove that we don't need a joint sponsor. They received our response on Jan. 30th. When do you think we are going to get the "interview ready to be scheduled" update?

Have a nice Sunday! Blessings!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 2/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, ra0010 said:

Hello everyone! So nice to read all your updates! On to my case, we received a RFIE for birth certificate and I-864 asking us for a joint sponsor (not because we are not above poverty line, but because we messed up by sending tax account information instead of return). We also included my husband's employment verification letter and four months of paystubs, to prove that we don't need a joint sponsor. They received our response on Jan. 30th. When do you think we are going to get the "interview ready to be scheduled" update?

Hello,

it should be soon (like 1-2 weeks). They probably need to check the employement status and tax returns are legit. Once everything is double checked and good, your AOS status should be updated. 

I am waiting for my status to be updated too! Fingers crossed!

AOS Timeline:

Data Filed: 16 November 2019

First NOA: 22 November 2019

BIO Appt: 17 December 2019

Status updated to "Interview ready to be scheduled": 6 February 2020

Status updated to "Interview was scheduled": 7 February 2020

Second NOA: 13 February 2020

Interview appt: 18 March 2020 (cancelled)

Change of address: September 2020

New Interview appt: 18 November 2020

Received EAD/AP combo card: 4 April 2020

Field Office: San Diego. Originally filed in Detroit, MI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 2/2/2020 at 7:31 AM, jaysaldi said:

Uh oh. I got an update that my wife's EAD card was mailed on Janaury 30. Then I got an update yesterday that the card was delivered to my mailbox - in  Houston according to the USPS tracking.

Now I don't know if: (a) it was delivered to the wrong place, (b) it's still on the way and was just mis-scanned as delivered, or (c) USCIS is mistakenly updating us with the status of someone other applicant entirely who lives in Houston.

OK. False alarm. My wife's EAD card was not approved or mailed. I mistyped two numbers into the MyUSCIS website when I set up my account, and I somehow managed to set myself up for updates about someone else who submitted an I-765 on the same date. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, jaysaldi said:

OK. False alarm. My wife's EAD card was not approved or mailed. I mistyped two numbers into the MyUSCIS website when I set up my account, and I somehow managed to set myself up for updates about someone else who submitted an I-765 on the same date. 

Oh my God! I am glad you figured it out :)

AOS Timeline:

Data Filed: 16 November 2019

First NOA: 22 November 2019

BIO Appt: 17 December 2019

Status updated to "Interview ready to be scheduled": 6 February 2020

Status updated to "Interview was scheduled": 7 February 2020

Second NOA: 13 February 2020

Interview appt: 18 March 2020 (cancelled)

Change of address: September 2020

New Interview appt: 18 November 2020

Received EAD/AP combo card: 4 April 2020

Field Office: San Diego. Originally filed in Detroit, MI.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 2/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, ra0010 said:

Same submitted my response to RFIE on Thursday my status just changed to them receiving it today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.