Lnvall

Tinder

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi,

Is anyone here who met his/her fiance on Tinder? Were there any problems with it? 

We met first online on Tinder, then we continued talking on Messenger, then we met in person and we spent the whole summer of 2019 together (in person).

I thought i print the terms of use of Tinder and attach it to the case to avoid the IMBRA issues. I know Tinder isnt it, but i heard RFE stories about it... So i wanna make everything clear about it.

How did you do it in your cases?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Hi,

Is anyone here who met his/her fiance on Tinder? Were there any problems with it? 

We met first online on Tinder, then we continued talking on Messenger, then we met in person and we spent the whole summer of 2019 together (in person).

I thought i print the terms of use of Tinder and attach it to the case to avoid the IMBRA issues. I know Tinder isnt it, but i heard RFE stories about it... So i wanna make everything clear about it.

No issues 

YMMV

27 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Hi,

I met my husband through an online platform as well.  We included the Terms of Service AND Privacy Policy.  Also, in the "how we met", we explained how the relationship transitioned from the online platform to other means as our own, voluntary decision, etc.  This was all part of our 129F packet 1 form when applying for a K1.  No RFE.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No problem with it at all. As long as you can provide the  Terms of Service and Privacy Policy from Tinder, and whatever other messenger you were using, it will be more than enough.  For my wife's we met on Facebook so I printed both and included it in the package, no RFE or problems at all. 

Timeline

Thank you all!

And what should we write on the cover letter, why i attach this terms of use? "To avoid imbra issues"?

Then i attach the facebook messenger's terms too. We use facebook messenger to talk daily in texts, voice calls and video calls.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Thank you all!

And what should we write on the cover letter, why i attach this terms of use? "To avoid imbra issues"?

Then i attach the facebook messenger's terms too. We use facebook messenger to talk daily in texts, voice calls and video calls.

You don't need to say anything on the cover.   You need nothing about FB 

YMMV

We're still waiting for our NOA2 so hopefully this will help since we're still waiting for an update as well... but we included Tinder's terms of service as well as Tinder support's statement that it's not IMBRA. We also talk on Messenger now but I didn't include that anymore. For the cover letter, we had I-129F supplements so we made a bulleted list of those and that's where we put it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lnvall said:

But about tinder?

I didnt included anything and we didnt received a RFE but I worried about it. So for your peace of mind include their TOS like @chxakx said above.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Timeline
4 hours ago, chxakx said:

We're still waiting for our NOA2 so hopefully this will help since we're still waiting for an update as well... but we included Tinder's terms of service as well as Tinder support's statement that it's not IMBRA. We also talk on Messenger now but I didn't include that anymore. For the cover letter, we had I-129F supplements so we made a bulleted list of those and that's where we put it.

You wrote to Tinder and they answered? They sent you a statement?

Just now, Lnvall said:

You wrote to Tinder and they answered? They sent you a statement?

Yes. It was just a two sentence response that clearly states it’s not IMBRA. I sent them an e-mail here: TinderStories@gotinder.com and they replied two days after. It’s not a requirement or anything, just wanted to include it. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Yes. It was just a two sentence response that clearly states it’s not IMBRA. I sent them an e-mail here: TinderStories@gotinder.com and they replied two days after. It’s not a requirement or anything, just wanted to include it. 

Oh thank you, i will do it just in case!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lnvall said:

Oh thank you, i will do it just in case!

I met my wife on OkCupid, its similar to Tinder, wasnt a problem at all. 

(if this helps) I met my husband on an online game, we became friends, started talking through messenger and imessages, facetime, and met in person, we didnt submitted TOS but just proofs that we fell inlove photos together 

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.