Jen27062019

I-134F and documents to prepare while waiting for NOA2

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Our NOA1 date is September 12, 2019, here are my questions:

1. When is the best time to prepare documents for interview?

2. Is I-134 a requirement? If yes, does the my fiance (petitioner) really need to provide the details of his assets and liabilities?

3. I was checking my status online through USCIS and it just states, "On September 9, 2019, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Numer  ----------, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by October 9, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.", when should this be updated and what status should appear?

Thank you so much. 

Edited by Jen27062019

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Answers to your questions will vary by embassy.       Most of the time assets and liabilities are not needed.   Current income is what is important, embassies normally want a copy of your most recent tax return/transcript & W-2.

Now would be a good time to gather the necessary documents and send them to the beneficiary (fiancee)

Complete your profile & timeline as that will make answering questions much easier.

:time:  

As for your CEAC status, it will change to READY once your case file is at the embassy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hi Hank, thank you for your reply.

- should I put blank on the bank account/assets/liab?

- as to the dates of the document, is it okay if the dates are a bit early considering the processes now take longer than the usual?

- what do you mean by case file is in the embassy? do you mean application has been approved?

2 hours ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hello everyone,

2. Is I-134 a requirement? If yes, does the my fiance (petitioner) really need to provide the details of his assets and liabilities?

3. I was checking my status online through USCIS and it just states, "On September 9, 2019, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Numer  ----------, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by October 9, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.", when should this be updated and what status should appear?

Thank you so much. 

1 you are a ways away from an interview. Ours was about 300 days after receiving the NOA 1. Depends on what embassy your interview will be at. Please fill in your timeline to receive the best information. You could start a folder anytime and collect your documents for the interview. 

2. You will need the I 134 for the interview

3. You will hear nothing until you are mailed the NOA 2 (and your status  will reflect that)  unless you receive notice for more information to be sent.

Don’t check everyday it will make you crazy! Also please read the information found in the guides posted. It’s very helpful. 

Best of luck to you. 

Timeline

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Answers to your questions will vary by embassy.       Most of the time assets and liabilities are not needed.   Current income is what is important, embassies normally want a copy of your most recent tax return/transcript & W-2.

Now would be a good time to gather the necessary documents and send them to the beneficiary (fiancee)

Complete your profile & timeline as that will make answering questions much easier.

:time:  

As for your CEAC status, it will change to READY once your case file is at the embassy

- as to the dates of the document, is it okay if the dates are a bit early considering the processes now take longer than the usual?

- what do you mean by case file is in the embassy? do you mean application has been approved?

Edited by Jen27062019

Timeline
17 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

1 you are a ways away from an interview. Ours was about 300 days after receiving the NOA 1. Depends on what embassy your interview will be at. Please fill in your timeline to receive the best information. You could start a folder anytime and collect your documents for the interview. 

2. You will need the I 134 for the interview

3. You will hear nothing until you are mailed the NOA 2 (and your status  will reflect that)  unless you receive notice for more information to be sent.

Don’t check everyday it will make you crazy! Also please read the information found in the guides posted. It’s very helpful. 

Best of luck to you. 

Thank you so muych @SuznAaron

I never thought i can take up to 10 months just for your NOA2 to be approved.

I will keep on praying for our petition to be approved the soonest.

Just now, Jen27062019 said:

Just now, Jen27062019 said:

The NOA 2 is letting you know that your case is being sent to the embassy. That hopefully won’t take 10 months. For that was about 4 months for us. But after the embassy has your case you will still have to schedule the medical exam and the interview date. That takes a bit longer. Sadly immigration does not move quickly! Hang in there! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

The NOA 2 is letting you know that your case is being sent to the embassy. That hopefully won’t take 10 months. For that was about 4 months for us. But after the embassy has your case you will still have to schedule the medical exam and the interview date. That takes a bit longer. Sadly immigration does not move quickly! Hang in there! 

Thank you so much! I will just keep on praying then. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No need at this time to send the tax returns as you will need to have the 2019 returns for the interview next year

get those done as soon as possible and when they are processed by IRS,  get a transcript of them (from IRS) to send to fiancee

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jen27062019 said:

I didn't notice you were NOA1, I was thinking NOA2 ... early morning, low on coffee ...  sorry.  ;)   

I would wait until you are NOA2 before sending documents to your fiancee.    Once you receive NOA2, approval notice, from USCIS your case will then be forwarded to NVC for their processing, and from there it will be forwarded to the embassy.   You have a fair amount of time .. months.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much. 

1.  It's never too early to start thinking of what documents you will need.  Once you know your interview date, you can finalize everything. 

2.  Yes, it is a requirement, and only for your fiance to show at the interview.  Fiance only needs to write details of assets and liabilities if it's to show he meets the poverty requirements.

3.  As soon as your case is at the embassy, it will be updated. 

Edited by Ed&Midori1031

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We just got NVC case, case arrived in embassy 10/7/19 and started preparing I-134.   We are now 4.5mths from NOA1.

Our I-134 doc set included

a) transcripts 3 years

b) HR  employment letter

c) social security benefits (from SSN office - it shows years worked)

d) 1040 W2

e) Bank acct 3 months.

f) Pay stubs 3 mths

Interview expected Nov

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
3 hours ago, flfreddy said:

We just got NVC case, case arrived in embassy 10/7/19 and started preparing I-134.   We are now 4.5mths from NOA1.

Our I-134 doc set included

a) transcripts 3 years

b) HR  employment letter

c) social security benefits (from SSN office - it shows years worked)

d) 1040 W2

e) Bank acct 3 months.

f) Pay stubs 3 mths

Interview expected Nov

Thanks so much for your reply. May I ask when did you receive your NOA1?

Timeline
22 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

No need at this time to send the tax returns as you will need to have the 2019 returns for the interview next year

get those done as soon as possible and when they are processed by IRS,  get a transcript of them (from IRS) to send to fiancee

Thanks so much! :) I really hope that it would be approved. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Jen27062019 said:

Thanks so much for your reply. May I ask when did you receive your NOA1?

NOA1 5/22/19

NOA2 8/28/19

NVC 9/25

Embassy arrived 10/7

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.