Jump to content
Jen27062019

I-134F and documents to prepare while waiting for NOA2

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

 

Our NOA1 date is September 12, 2019, here are my questions:

1. When is the best time to prepare documents for interview?

2. Is I-134 a requirement? If yes, does the my fiance (petitioner) really need to provide the details of his assets and liabilities?

3. I was checking my status online through USCIS and it just states, "On September 9, 2019, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Numer  ----------, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by October 9, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.", when should this be updated and what status should appear?

 

Thank you so much. 

Edited by Jen27062019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Answers to your questions will vary by embassy.       Most of the time assets and liabilities are not needed.   Current income is what is important, embassies normally want a copy of your most recent tax return/transcript & W-2.

 

Now would be a good time to gather the necessary documents and send them to the beneficiary (fiancee)

 

Complete your profile & timeline as that will make answering questions much easier.

 

:time:  

 

 

As for your CEAC status, it will change to READY once your case file is at the embassy


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Hank, thank you for your reply.

 

- should I put blank on the bank account/assets/liab?

- as to the dates of the document, is it okay if the dates are a bit early considering the processes now take longer than the usual?

- what do you mean by case file is in the embassy? do you mean application has been approved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hello everyone,

 

Our NOA1 date is September 12, 2019, here are my questions:

1. When is the best time to prepare documents for interview?

2. Is I-134 a requirement? If yes, does the my fiance (petitioner) really need to provide the details of his assets and liabilities?

3. I was checking my status online through USCIS and it just states, "On September 9, 2019, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Numer  ----------, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by October 9, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.", when should this be updated and what status should appear?

 

Thank you so much. 

1 you are a ways away from an interview. Ours was about 300 days after receiving the NOA 1. Depends on what embassy your interview will be at. Please fill in your timeline to receive the best information. You could start a folder anytime and collect your documents for the interview. 

2. You will need the I 134 for the interview

3. You will hear nothing until you are mailed the NOA 2 (and your status  will reflect that)  unless you receive notice for more information to be sent.

Don’t check everyday it will make you crazy! Also please read the information found in the guides posted. It’s very helpful. 

Best of luck to you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Answers to your questions will vary by embassy.       Most of the time assets and liabilities are not needed.   Current income is what is important, embassies normally want a copy of your most recent tax return/transcript & W-2.

 

Now would be a good time to gather the necessary documents and send them to the beneficiary (fiancee)

 

Complete your profile & timeline as that will make answering questions much easier.

 

:time:  

 

 

As for your CEAC status, it will change to READY once your case file is at the embassy

Hi Hank, thank you for your reply.

 

- should I put blank on the bank account/assets/liab?

- as to the dates of the document, is it okay if the dates are a bit early considering the processes now take longer than the usual?

- what do you mean by case file is in the embassy? do you mean application has been approved?

Edited by Jen27062019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

1 you are a ways away from an interview. Ours was about 300 days after receiving the NOA 1. Depends on what embassy your interview will be at. Please fill in your timeline to receive the best information. You could start a folder anytime and collect your documents for the interview. 

2. You will need the I 134 for the interview

3. You will hear nothing until you are mailed the NOA 2 (and your status  will reflect that)  unless you receive notice for more information to be sent.

Don’t check everyday it will make you crazy! Also please read the information found in the guides posted. It’s very helpful. 

Best of luck to you. 

 

Thank you so muych @SuznAaron

I never thought i can take up to 10 months just for your NOA2 to be approved.

I will keep on praying for our petition to be approved the soonest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jen27062019 said:

Thank you so muych @SuznAaron

I never thought i can take up to 10 months just for your NOA2 to be approved.

I will keep on praying for our petition to be approved the soonest.

 

Just now, Jen27062019 said:

Thank you so muych @SuznAaron

I never thought i can take up to 10 months just for your NOA2 to be approved.

I will keep on praying for our petition to be approved the soonest.

The NOA 2 is letting you know that your case is being sent to the embassy. That hopefully won’t take 10 months. For that was about 4 months for us. But after the embassy has your case you will still have to schedule the medical exam and the interview date. That takes a bit longer. Sadly immigration does not move quickly! Hang in there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

 

The NOA 2 is letting you know that your case is being sent to the embassy. That hopefully won’t take 10 months. For that was about 4 months for us. But after the embassy has your case you will still have to schedule the medical exam and the interview date. That takes a bit longer. Sadly immigration does not move quickly! Hang in there! 

Thank you so much! I will just keep on praying then. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need at this time to send the tax returns as you will need to have the 2019 returns for the interview next year

get those done as soon as possible and when they are processed by IRS,  get a transcript of them (from IRS) to send to fiancee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jen27062019 said:

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Hank, thank you for your reply.

 

- should I put blank on the bank account/assets/liab?

- as to the dates of the document, is it okay if the dates are a bit early considering the processes now take longer than the usual?

- what do you mean by case file is in the embassy? do you mean application has been approved?

I didn't notice you were NOA1, I was thinking NOA2 ... early morning, low on coffee ...  sorry.  ;)   

 

I would wait until you are NOA2 before sending documents to your fiancee.    Once you receive NOA2, approval notice, from USCIS your case will then be forwarded to NVC for their processing, and from there it will be forwarded to the embassy.   You have a fair amount of time .. months.

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hello everyone,

 

Our NOA1 date is September 12, 2019, here are my questions:

1. When is the best time to prepare documents for interview?

2. Is I-134 a requirement? If yes, does the my fiance (petitioner) really need to provide the details of his assets and liabilities?

3. I was checking my status online through USCIS and it just states, "On September 9, 2019, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Numer  ----------, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by October 9, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.", when should this be updated and what status should appear?

 

Thank you so much. 

1.  It's never too early to start thinking of what documents you will need.  Once you know your interview date, you can finalize everything. 

2.  Yes, it is a requirement, and only for your fiance to show at the interview.  Fiance only needs to write details of assets and liabilities if it's to show he meets the poverty requirements.

3.  As soon as your case is at the embassy, it will be updated. 

Edited by Ed&Midori1031

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got NVC case, case arrived in embassy 10/7/19 and started preparing I-134.   We are now 4.5mths from NOA1.

 

Our I-134 doc set included

a) transcripts 3 years

b) HR  employment letter

c) social security benefits (from SSN office - it shows years worked)

d) 1040 W2

e) Bank acct 3 months.

f) Pay stubs 3 mths

 

Interview expected Nov

 


=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flfreddy said:

We just got NVC case, case arrived in embassy 10/7/19 and started preparing I-134.   We are now 4.5mths from NOA1.

 

Our I-134 doc set included

a) transcripts 3 years

b) HR  employment letter

c) social security benefits (from SSN office - it shows years worked)

d) 1040 W2

e) Bank acct 3 months.

f) Pay stubs 3 mths

 

Interview expected Nov

 

Thanks so much for your reply. May I ask when did you receive your NOA1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

No need at this time to send the tax returns as you will need to have the 2019 returns for the interview next year

get those done as soon as possible and when they are processed by IRS,  get a transcript of them (from IRS) to send to fiancee

Thanks so much! :) I really hope that it would be approved. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jen27062019 said:

Thanks so much for your reply. May I ask when did you receive your NOA1?

NOA1 5/22/19

NOA2 8/28/19

NVC 9/25

Embassy arrived 10/7


=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...