CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Indira/Charlys said:

do you think they will try 2 times to clear the check?

They try for second time at least. See: https://www.uscis.gov/fees

"

• Insufficient Funds: The electronic fund transfer from your account can occur faster than normal processing for a paper check. If your check or other financial instrument is returned as unpayable, we will resubmit the payment one time. If it is returned as unpayable a second time, we will reject your filing and we will charge you a $30 returned check fee."

5 hours ago, Khufu61 said:

To the people that sent their October AOS package to the Chicago lockbox and USCIS responded.How did you send your package?I mailed mine originally through the post office and I sent it return receipt 2 day express.The post office is sending it back to me because UNCIS never picked it up.Help me please!

I sent mine via USPS Express (over night ) make sure you have the right address and also make sure you tick the space for signature, that way you know someone picked it up. If you sent it to Chicago, it would be picked up by "R.M" most likely. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

no updates on our case as well.

Still waiting from October 2.

Now after reading your comments guys  I got worried more..it's been 16 days with no news

And  we send the package via UPS to this address 

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

but it was transferred to USPS and tracking shows that it was delivered to  -  Chicago, IL 60603

I don't know how it all works here🙄 Like we used UPS for courier delivery but it got sent to USPS anyway. 

After how much time can we contact USCIS? 3-4 weeks?

4 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

no updates on our case as well.

Still waiting from October 2.

Now after reading your comments guys  I got worried more..it's been 16 days with no news

And  we send the package via UPS to this address 

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

but it was transferred to USPS and tracking shows that it was delivered to  -  Chicago, IL 60603

I don't know how it all works here🙄 Like we used UPS for courier delivery but it got sent to USPS anyway. 

After how much time can we contact USCIS? 3-4 weeks?

Your package being transferred to USPS might be the reason for the delay. Don't count weekends and the holiday — you should know something next week. Has your check been checked? 

2 minutes ago, Pinda said:

Anyone know what the holdup with the NOA1s are? I haven't got any news on my AOS packet either.

When was it received? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Paddydaddy said:

Your package being transferred to USPS might be the reason for the delay. Don't count weekends and the holiday — you should know something next week. Has your check been checked? 

We used credit card payment option. The card wasn't charged

And USPS tracking says our package was delivered on October 2

Edited by Nafisa Zaripova

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Paddydaddy said:

When was it received? 

It was received October 6th.

3 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

We used credit card payment option. The card wasn't charged

And USPS tracking says our package was delivered on October 

Don't stress, according to lawyers, USCIS will process cases that came most recently before they go back to files that came in before others. 

I believe you should know something by next week if not then you should give them a call. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

I see you're in Phoenix too!

May be it's something with mail delivered from here?😂

Wouldn't surprise me. When my husband sent out the I-129f packet the mail got messed up because of a storm so it took an extra month. 😂

7 minutes ago, Pinda said:

It was received October 6th.

I believe you should get your notice next week. I never received any texts or email from USCIS but I got all NOA today. My package was received 4th of October. Did they cash your check yet? 

20 minutes ago, Pinda said:

Anyone know what the holdup with the NOA1s are? I haven't got any news on my AOS packet either.

Not really any hold up USCIS works on their own pace, just like when you did your K1. You'll just have to display a bit more patience. Trust me you will hear from them in due course.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Paddydaddy said:

I believe you should get your notice next week. I never received any texts or email from USCIS but I got all NOA today. My package was received 4th of October. Did they cash your check yet? 

Thanks for the info. I'm just surprised how long the NOA is taking this time around that's all. 😅 We sent a cashier's check so it was taken out of the bank account immediately, so I'm not sure if they've cashed it.

25 minutes ago, Paddydaddy said:

Hi that is very interesting.

Our package was delivered on the 2nd and checks cashed on the 11th! We still haven't seen anything in the mail though we're in California and you're in New Jersey, so hopefully it's just the mail delay. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.