Mrs Ryan Carreras

London Interview Tomorrow - Any tips ?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Morning, 

My fiancé has his interview in London tomorrow. I will attempt to make this short as possible. 
I feel like we are finally at the finish line after years of being together.
Those of you that have followed and helped us thus far.. I send many thanks. 
While I am excited, I’m nervous at the same time. 
If anyone has any tips on what we can do to prepare any more than we have, we would be extremely grateful. 
We have all the documentation needed from the embassy including the ds 160, medical exam, affidavit of support, police report (no criminal backgrounds), passports photos, passport, BC including our daughters that was just born. 
I supplied a employee verification, pay stubs, three years Tax Transcripts, New Intent to Marry. 
He is bringing the original packet I129f just in case but I know it may not be necessary. 
Also, additional photos from his last visit to be here for our daughter birth. 

Ryan is more of an introvert and I know he will be nervous which is probably common. 
We do have one red flag - which is our age 

I am hoping this has been overcome by the visits we have had.
We do have close to a year of time spent over the last 5ish years. 
The visits were not really for the packet or immigration but wanted to be certain him and my teenage son would be at least, friends. 

The other item we worry about is our daughter that was just born is not on the Original packet as she was just born this August. 

I am the US Citizen and she has just been given her social security number and birth certificate since I needed to put her on my health care with these documents.

I have now given them to Ryan and he is of course listed on the BC as the father. 

We did not expedite due to my complications during pregnancy as it was better he keep earning money. 
It would have added more burden on myself to support him as well. 

However, He was here for the birth but went home to work again. Financially this is what made sense to us. 

I am hoping we have enough and that the interview will go smooth. 
Our only concerns ;

1. Our age difference we have of 19 years 

2. Adding our daughter  to our initial I129 Packet. 

Any tips from members whom have interviewed from London  would be appreciated. He is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 530 AM my time. 

Thanks to all of you that put up with all my questions throughout the process (more people than I can mention) and praying we have everything we need 🙏

Sarah N Ryan 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You sound well prepared. I don't see why the birth of your baby has any negative impact on the interview. Of course she couldn't be listed on the petition, she's brand new. She's also American and isn't requesting a visa, so is just a small piece of new biographical information they can manually add to his information on the day.  We've already talked about age differences. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

She's also American and isn't requesting a visa, so is just a small piece of new biographical information they can manually add to his information on the day.

That’s great. I know we were worried on how we add her. 
Thank you

That definitely takes care of a lot of the stress. 

Hey, hope it goes well. Seems you guys have it under control!  My interview is also coming up and there is an age difference of 15 years  between my fiance and I, him the USC being older. I havent seen much on this topic but is it likely to be an issue? We've known each other for 7 years through work and been together for past 2.5 years. Thanks for any advice:)

1 hour ago, Nissilito said:

Hey, hope it goes well. Seems you guys have it under control!  My interview is also coming up and there is an age difference of 15 years  between my fiance and I, him the USC being older. I havent seen much on this topic but is it likely to be an issue? We've known each other for 7 years through work and been together for past 2.5 years. Thanks for any advice:)

Not sure if this helps but my Japanese friend married a man 30 years older that she had known for 10 years. They were friends all that time. They fell in love and married 2 years after his first wife (who she knew and was friends with) died of leukemia.

They had a few photos and things  supporting their friendship and events they had done together with groups. He had met her family twice on trips to Japan.They got easily approved once they went to the interview. 

Sorry if this is hijacking OPs thread mods. 

Edited by Rose711

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rose711 said:

Good luck! I think having a baby together will help you, not hurt your petition. 

Thanks. I know it adds to the supporting income so I don’t know it does but adds to how much money I need to support us. 😱

Anyone these days can have children but raising children together is what is so amazing. 

I appreciate the feedback for sure as she is a blessing to us regardless of immigration. 
If it helps than great but honestly I was so happy to be able to have a child with him. 

As much as he loves me, the fact I did not think I could have children again bothered me. 

I had always felt that one day he would resent me since I was not of child bearing age and was doubtful that children would be in our future. 

low and behold, she arrived  and healthy and I can say the most precious little girl and as parents just so very blessed. 

Thank You 😊 

1 minute ago, Rose711 said:

Not sure if this helps but my Japanese friend married a man 30 years older that she had known for 10 years. They were friends all that time. They fell in love and married 2 years after his first wife (who she knew and was friends with) died of leukemia.

They had photos and things  supporting their friendship of events they had done together with groups. They got easily approved once they went to the interview. 

Thank you! Like I've printed heaps of whatsapp chats and I've printed photos...we've seen each other almost every month for the past 2 years so hoping there'll be no issues! Sorry @Sarah n Ryan for jumping on your post! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rose711 said:

Sorry if this is hijacking OPs thread mods.

No worries, I appreciate the stories and puts me at ease. 

We've had a few interview reports over the last week or so (mine included). Basically you've got the prep work done. Breathe. Relax. Go confident but honest. Your file will speak for itself.

Good luck!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

We've had a few interview reports over the last week or so (mine included). Basically you've got the prep work done. Breathe. Relax. Go confident but honest. Your file will speak for itself.

Good luck!

Thank you @Richard Purves and congrats on your recent approval. We were following your timeline as well. Very happy for you and appreciate the kind words. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nissilito said:

4 hours ago, Nissilito said:

Thank you! Like I've printed heaps of whatsapp chats and I've printed photos...we've seen each other almost every month for the past 2 years so hoping there'll be no issues! Sorry @Sarah n Ryan for jumping on your post! 

There is nothing in immigration law that allows denial based on age. They would have to find another reason. 

Nissilito, you have no timeline. Is your interview in London? If so, you don't need photos or heaps of What's App chats. London does not look at relationship evidence at the interview. If your interview is in another country, then you have landed in the United Kingdom forum and maybe need to check another forum for what happens at your embassy. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

Breathe. Relax. Go confident but honest. Your file will speak for itself.

Ryan and I were approved today! !! 
 It was actually exactly how everyone describes the interview. 
We will write up a review shortly. 
Thanks Again @Wuozopo, @Zoeeeeeee, @Greenbaum, @lady3jane, @Richard Purves, and the many I’ve missed for all your support. 
Finally, we can be reunited, married, and AOS time. 
🎉🎊

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

Woohoo!

Absolutely !!! 🙏👌

Best feeling ever. Your right.  Breathe ..relax and give them whatever they want. 

They took all three tax transcripts, my employer letter, W2s. Everything. 

He had all my supporting docs with the Affidavit of Support. 

I was a bit surprised they kept it all but he had it clipped together so maybe that’s why. Only thing they gave back was pay stubs. 

Plus the new public charge will be in affect soon so maybe they are covering themselves at this level as well. 

However, it did surprise me and I make well over 125 percent and enough for 4 plus household with ease. 

Either way, we we were approved but I think it may be useful to share since UK sometimes only needs one supporting income. 

That’s the only thing I thought was a bit interesting and better to be over prepared sometimes. :) 

Other than that he said it was like a conversation with a friend and it lasted maybe 5 minutes tops for the actual interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.