Mrs Ryan Carreras

London Interview Tomorrow - Any tips ?

41 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Absolutely !!! 🙏👌

Best feeling ever. Your right.  Breathe ..relax and give them whatever they want. 

They took all three tax transcripts, my employer letter, W2s. Everything. 

He had all my supporting docs with the Affidavit of Support. 

I was a bit surprised they kept it all but he had it clipped together so maybe that’s why. Only thing they gave back was pay stubs. 

Plus the new public charge will be in affect soon so maybe they are covering themselves at this level as well. 

However, it did surprise me and I make well over 125 percent and enough for 4 plus household with ease. 

Either way, we we were approved but I think it may be useful to share since UK sometimes only needs one supporting income. 

That’s the only thing I thought was a bit interesting and better to be over prepared sometimes. :) 

Other than that he said it was like a conversation with a friend and it lasted maybe 5 minutes tops for the actual interview. 

So pleased for you both!

So, when’s he planning to move? 🙃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

So pleased for you both!

So, when’s he planning to move? 🙃

Thanks @Zoeeeeeee

He will be coming over as soon as visa is issued. They said it should be to him next week.
As soon as he has it then he will take the quickest flight. 

He needs to put in his two weeks at work but not sure how that will work yet. 

I know he’s ready to get home to his daughter. Remember he had to fly back to U.K. for the interview so I know it’s been very hard on him. 

Plus he has a job lined up here in IT. 

So short story long.. as quickly as possible. 🤞❤️

side note: there’s a place in Indiana with some great tea that we found. The lady makes all types of teas. He couldn’t stand the earl grey (I think that’s the closest thing we have to U.K. tea)... so we searched and searched and found some tea now that he says is pretty close to tea from the U.K. 
I think I had seen a post from you so if you’re ever in need .. we would be happy to send some for you to try 

P.S. Are you now in the states ? 

7 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Thanks @Zoeeeeeee

He will be coming over as soon as visa is issued. They said it should be to him next week.
As soon as he has it then he will take the quickest flight. 

He needs to put in his two weeks at work but not sure how that will work yet. 

I know he’s ready to get home to his daughter. Remember he had to fly back to U.K. for the interview so I know it’s been very hard on him. 

Plus he has a job lined up here in IT. 

So short story long.. as quickly as possible. 🤞❤️

side note: there’s a place in Indiana with some great tea that we found. The lady makes all types of teas. He couldn’t stand the earl grey (I think that’s the closest thing we have to U.K. tea)... so we searched and searched and found some tea now that he says is pretty close to tea from the U.K. 
I think I had seen a post from you so if you’re ever in need .. we would be happy to send some for you to try 

P.S. Are you now in the states ? 

So happy for you both 🙃. He’s coming in on a K1 though right? So won’t be able to start the new IT job for 3-6 months...(I’m sure you know that already, but just in case!)

Nope, still in England! Fly out on the 13th November (5 weeks! Getting close now!) - basically, back when my dog was alive, we planned everything around bringing him out with me - and the earliest cruise I could get with him set sail on the 19th November - and as such, our wedding date and my last day at work were both arranged around that day...so even though I’m not taking the cruise anymore, the wedding is still booked for 7th February and I’ve still committed to work until 8th November 😬.

That’s so sweet re the tea!! I have enough over there to last me at least a year and I plan to visit England once a year (and my family will visit me too), so I think I should be fine - my mum used to live in Portugal, so my family’s used to the drill - whenever you visit overseas family members, you take them teabags 😆. English teabags are available at shops there too, they’re just more expensive than I’d like 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

So happy for you both 🙃. He’s coming in on a K1 though right? So won’t be able to start the new IT job for 3-6 months...(I’m sure you know that already, but just in case!)

Yes, Of course no work for a bit. My biggest client has offered him a start in IT with a local County after his AOS paperwork is approved. Im pretty excited as I know Ryan will love it there and what a great start for when he can work. 

The wait period he will be Mr Mom 😊 as I’m awaiting for him to return so I can get back to work. 
I really do not want Hannah in daycare until she’s at least 1 so if he gets approved to work we told the county around August of this next year. 

Oh.. November 5th. Not to much longer. 
If Ryan gets his visa quickly he may be over prior to you then. 

Im not certain how long it takes to be issued though, meaning the passport. 
Has yours been issued and received now or how long did it take in processing ? 
I look on the website and of course it still says “Ready” so I probably will stalk the site so we will know about when he can schedule his flight. 

Amazing about the tea. We were not so lucky. He suffered through the earl grey and took us about a year to find something similar to UK. 
It’s very pricey but definitely worth it as I know it makes him feel more at home.

Definitely keep me posted on how it goes. 
Definitely not excited about the paperwork incoming but comes with the K1 territory 🤦‍♀️.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

I can't drink Earl Grey either. It's flowery or something. When at Starbucks and they make a mistake on my tea, I know the second I take off the lid they have given me Earl Grey instead of Royal English Breakfast.

If you have Kroger, Fred Meyer or Ralph's you might give this (store brand) a try-- Private Selection English Breakfast Tea. 

https://www.ralphs.com/p/private-selection-english-breakfast-black-tea/0001111083276

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

If you have Kroger, Fred Meyer or Ralph's you might give this (store brand) a try-- Private Selection English Breakfast Tea. 

https://www.ralphs.com/p/private-selection-english-breakfast-black-tea/0001111083276

We have Kroger here. I am going today grocery shopping so need to pick up stuff Ryan normally eats/drinks. 
Plus, his parents are arriving a week for Thanksgiving so I will be doing the Thanksgiving tradition and hoping I can bring some U.K. comfort to their stay. 
Thank You 😊 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

We have Kroger here. I am going today grocery shopping so need to pick up stuff Ryan normally eats/drinks. 
Plus, his parents are arriving a week for Thanksgiving so I will be doing the Thanksgiving tradition and hoping I can bring some U.K. comfort to their stay. 
Thank You 😊 

That Kroger tea tends to be on a shelf close to the floor in my Kroger. It's 20 round tea bags in a foil pouch very similar to England. And cheap. 

Now I get big boxes of Typhoo (from England) at a store called Tuesday Morning. They have them scattered around Indianapolis. 120 teabags for $3.99. That's around 3 cents a cup.

IMG_3124.PNG

Timeline
18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

That Kroger tea tends to be on a shelf close to the floor in my Kroger. It's 20 round tea bags in a foil pouch very similar to England. And cheap. 

Picked some up .. thank you. 
They had it at the very top shelf here so I had to climb and being 5’3, very short; they probably wondered why this crazy lady was using the shelves as a jungle gym. 🤦‍♀️ 

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Now I get big boxes of Typhoo (from England) at a store called Tuesday Morning. They have them scattered around Indianapolis. 120 teabags for $3.99. That's around 3 cents a cup

That’s better priced than regular tea. We are closer to Chicago but Indy isn’t to far so I will look that up. 
It would be nice to get some in bulk prior to Thanksgiving if possible. 

Much Appreciated. 😊

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Picked some up .. thank you. 
They had it at the very top shelf here so I had to climb and being 5’3, very short; they probably wondered why this crazy lady was using the shelves as a jungle gym. 🤦‍♀️ 

That’s better priced than regular tea. We are closer to Chicago but Indy isn’t to far so I will look that up. 
It would be nice to get some in bulk prior to Thanksgiving if possible. 

Much Appreciated. 😊

Find TUESDAY MORNING website then store locator.

Maybe this one--

1635 W 80th Ave, Merrillville, IN 46410

Timeline
4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Find TUESDAY MORNING website then store locator.

Maybe this one--

1635 W 80th Ave, Merrillville, IN 46410

That’s right next to were I work. Perfect !

On 10/5/2019 at 3:11 PM, Wuozopo said:

I can't drink Earl Grey either. It's flowery or something. When at Starbucks and they make a mistake on my tea, I know the second I take off the lid they have given me Earl Grey instead of Royal English Breakfast.

Probably the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergamot_essential_oil they put in it. It's certainly an acquired taste.

https://parkersbritishinstitution.com in Buffalo, NY has supplies of PG, Yorkshire and Tetley. However I've personally seen PG in places like Vons. I guess it's whatever the local stores are stocking.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

Probably the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergamot_essential_oil they put in it. It's certainly an acquired taste.

https://parkersbritishinstitution.com in Buffalo, NY has supplies of PG, Yorkshire and Tetley. However I've personally seen PG in places like Vons. I guess it's whatever the local stores are stocking.

I can get just about any tea locally in grocery stores, World Market,  or the full British import shop that is only 5 minutes away. I have settled on the Ty-phoo because of the price. 120 bags for $3.99. The only essential imports for me anymore are Colmans mustard and Branston Pickle which are in all my local grocery stores. Kroger store brand salt and vinegar potato chips are brilliant. Thin like Walkers.   I haven't found a cheap de-caf tea. Most are rubbish.  Kroger sells PG de-caf but I quit buying it a while back. New life, new habits. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.