Mrs Ryan Carreras

London Interview Tomorrow - Any tips ?

41 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, Richard Purves said:

Ewww decaf ... never again with that stuff!

I have boxes and boxes of decaf tea at Herschell’s, awaiting my arrival 😍. Caffeine is not my friend...

@Wuozopo - I’m so with you on Branston - I took over 2kg of it with me on my last visit 😆🙈

14 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

I have boxes and boxes of decaf tea at Herschell’s, awaiting my arrival 😍. Caffeine is not my friend...

@Wuozopo - I’m so with you on Branston - I took over 2kg of it with me on my last visit 😆🙈

But but .. caffeine is everyone's friend? Are you allergic?

Me? I fit the definition of a caffeine addict. Thankfully it's legal. However whatever they do to decaffeinate tea causes me to have the most warped nightmare imaginable. Not sure what's going on there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

But but .. caffeine is everyone's friend? Are you allergic?

Me? I fit the definition of a caffeine addict.

I’m the same way and have to have my latte in the morning with 3 shots of espresso. 
I’m not a tea girl (probably shouldn’t say that in a U.K. forum) but have to my caffeine. 

Quick update - Ryan received an email today that the passport will be to his home tomorrow already. 

Ive read he can not open some of it right ? 

He will just take out the passport and the K1 Visa will be inside. 
Than there is an envelope that is used at POE ? 
If everything is correct on the passport tomorrow he plans to book his flight to US the week of October 21st. 

Anything else he will need when going through customs ? 
I wonder if it’s a lengthy process to go through as I assume one goes through secondary line. 

Edited by Sarah n Ryan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There are POE reviews where people describe their experiences. See the main menu bar for "Office Reviews and Info". One of the sub menus is "US Port of Entry Reviews".  From there, find the airport where he first lands in the US and read what people say. Some have a secondary room for opening his sealed envelope and stamping his visa, some maybe not. The time spent depends on how busy an airport, how many other planes with immigrants landed at the same time, or if the blokes are out on coffee break before they get around to calling him up to process his entry. 

His delivery will be a 1)sealed white envelope and 2) his passport with visa stuck on one page, all inside a delivery wrapper. Spouse visas no longer get the white envelope because they have gone digital. I think K1s are still the bundle of hard copies of his file sealed in a big white envelope to hand in at POE.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Office Reviews and Info".

Found the forum.
We are Chicago Ohare so definitely a very busy airport. 
Didn’t notice a forum for this so that will help to read. 
Ryan has a dang dog that tears into his things so I told him to put that dang packet up high.. I can see “honey” tearing into that packet. 
I love dogs but his beagle will do anything to get him to stay. 😆
thanks 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

His delivery will be a 1)sealed white envelope and 2) his passport with visa stuck on one page, all inside a delivery wrapper.

Does anyone know if he has to sign for it or can someone else from his home can sign for the visa ? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Does anyone know if he has to sign for it or can someone else from his home can sign for the visa ? 

Yes, they are supposed to ask for a signature. Anybody can sign for it but the delivery guys are supposed to see some form of ID Ryan has left with the signer.

BUT others have reported various variations---

Didn't ask me to sign

Didn't ask for ID

Delivered it down the street to a stranger

Dropped it through the letterbox

🙄

Timeline

Trying to keep all of my questions in the same post from interview to post interview - 

The visa arrived yesterday at his home. 
There are two small rips at the very top of the packet that he is not to open. 
We should not have any problems at all ?

I know they are very specific about this packet so wanted to get any input on this 

thanks 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Trying to keep all of my questions in the same post from interview to post interview - 

The visa arrived yesterday at his home. 
There are two small rips at the very top of the packet that he is not to open. 
We should not have any problems at all ?

I know they are very specific about this packet so wanted to get any input on this 

thanks 

Unless it is open enough where he could take out pages, alter or substitute them, then get them back inside...no problem. Many have had small rips and reported smooth sailing ️ 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Unless it is open enough where he could take out pages, alter or substitute them, then get them back inside...no problem. Many have had small rips and reported smo

Nope. They are to small for that, thankfully. 
thanks 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.