man1234

HELP PLZZZZZ

52 posts in this topic

We filed a i 130 form , ( with lawyer ) he mistakly added that I’m in the US and I want adjustment of status ( and my case was APPROVED, we got the approval form saying I’m adjusting status  instead of going to the NVC  ( I’m not asking for adjustment I’m out of the US it should go to NVC .

HOWWW. Can we fix this and how long it will take to fix it ? 

16 minutes ago, man1234 said:

We filed a i 130 form , ( with lawyer ) he mistakly added that I’m in the US and I want adjustment of status ( and my case was APPROVED, we got the approval form saying I’m adjusting status  instead of going to the NVC  ( I’m not asking for adjustment I’m out of the US it should go to NVC .

That makes no sense.  You can't adjust status without a visa. 

Which visa are you trying to get?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I am assuming they have an I130 for a spouse visa via Consular processing , but the lawyer 🤪 messed up and marked the box that triggers the AOS rather than Consular Processing.  Am I correct ? 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, man1234 said:

Tell the lawyer to fix his mistake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I may be very wrong, but as far as I know you can’t file i-130 alone to adjust status without filing i-485, and also the i-130 is only approved after the interview... there’s something very wrong there.

Even if your lawyer did make that mistake, how could USCIS approve your i-130 without an i-485 and interview? I’m very puzzled.

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

38 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

I am assuming they have an I130 for a spouse visa via Consular processing , but the lawyer 🤪 messed up and marked the box that triggers the AOS rather than Consular Processing.  Am I correct ? 

YESSSS , HE MISSSSD UPPPPPPPP 

7 minutes ago, gkzrl said:

I may be very wrong, but as far as I know you can’t file i-130 alone to adjust status without filing i-485, and also the i-130 is only approved after the interview... there’s something very wrong there.

Even if your lawyer did make that mistake, how could USCIS approve your i-130 without an i-485 and interview? I’m very puzzled.

That’s what my approval form say , 

The above petition had been approved. The petition indicates that the beneficiary is in the United States and wishes to apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident.” 

Then when I asked the lawyer way it say adjustment instead of going to NVC for my interview process , he said I mad a mistake ( TYPO ) he is so strange 

9D4D22EE-D754-4D18-8D60-E55BFCB5E0F8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, man1234 said:

YESSSS , HE MISSSSD UPPPPPPPP 

There's missing information somewhere here. You need to reach out to your lawyer ask them to explain this grievous error on their part, and what are they going to do to fix it. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

2 minutes ago, JMPM said:

There's missing information somewhere here. You need to reach out to your lawyer ask them to explain this grievous error on their part, and what are they going to do to fix it. 

Lawyer answer (((( You  have my sincere apologies as well because I have looked at the case and it looks like they were filled out incorrectly )))) 

1 minute ago, man1234 said:

Lawyer answer (((( You  have my sincere apologies as well because I have looked at the case and it looks like they were filled out incorrectly )))) 

Have you met this lawyer in person, or has the petitioner? Can they visit and speak to the lawyer face to face? I know this is distressing and it sucks that a lot of time was already vested in this situation. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

1 hour ago, man1234 said:

What the letter say is (((( The above petition had been approved. The petition indicates that the beneficiary is in the United States and wishes to apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident.”)))

NOTEEEE:

IM NOT IN THE US , the lawyer incorrectly did that mistake.

2 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Have you met this lawyer in person, or has the petitioner? Can they visit and speak to the lawyer face to face? I know this is distressing and it sucks that a lot of time was already vested in this situation. 

No non of us meet him in person , he was recommended from friend of us , bad choice, it’s very stressful situation we are waiting for that approval sense 8 month , he is in NY, and I’m in Saudi and my husband in Los Angeles ,, so sad 

Just now, man1234 said:

No non of us meet him in person , he was recommended from friend of us , bad choice, it’s very stressful situation we are waiting for that approval sense 8 month , he is in NY, and I’m in Saudi and my husband in Los Angeles ,, so sad 

Well your husband needs to be the one that looks into fixing this. He needs to speak to that lawyer. If he doesn't attempt to fix it. He needs to file a complaint with the NY BAR Association. If the lawyer doesn't want to do anything. Your husband will have to pursue some legal action against him, and your husband needs to call USCIS and speak to a supervisor. Hopefully they can fix the issue. 

1 minute ago, Tonecia said:

Hello. The filing started 4 years ago and between that time and now, the petitioner has been admitted as ward of the state of Florida. We are currently at the submission of Financial Documents and the I-864 Form which she can’t sign. What do we do? Where do we go from here. We have two other joint sponsor but they want the petitioner’s signature and Transcript which she doesn’t have and incompetent to give. 

Advise is appreciated. 

You start your own thread with your own topic, don't hijack someone else post. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijacked post removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.