dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2019

680 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JMPM said:

The way  my wife organized her stuff. 

She had everything we had submitted, but when it came to the interview appointment. 

She organized all the papers that was requested in the IV appointment letter upfront on a paper clip. She handed that front and center ready to go when asked for it. Fortunately nothing else was asked

Oh wow. Okay, but just simple in a paperclip. Sounds good to me! Thank you :)

Edited by inneedofmyhb

Timeline
5 hours ago, K-Man said:

Did your husband had to pay the visa in cash at the bank branch? There used to be an option to pay online. I had paid for cousins. Now they are only accepting cash bank....

Do you mean the Immigration fee of $220? Or the Visa application fee? 

The Immigration fee has to be paid to USCIS (not the embassy because that's a different department) online from a US bank account. The suggestion is to not pay it until your visa is in your hand.

The Visa application fee is paid online before you submit your Visa application. You cannot submit your application without paying the fee. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hi everyone! Going on 5 weeks at NVC, hoping to get DQ soon. I just want to be ready for my husbands interview and since I will bringing all originals with me from the states want to make sure I have everything in order and organized. 

I’ve heard of people organizing all their documents in folders, etc. does anyone have pics of something like this or are any of you just walking in with a folder with all your papers? 

Thanks in advance! 

My husband has the file folder so I can't send a picture, but he took an accordion folder with 12 different sections so that each section had different things like one was "Tax documents" and another was "I-864 and documents for joint sponsor." We really didn't want to get put into Administrative Processing for not having a document so we were cautious and brought way more paperwork than they asked to see. Our goal was that he could get to anything quickly without feeling flustered and get nervous! Interview went smoothly and he said he was clearly way more prepared than most people there. 

11 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

My husband has the file folder so I can't send a picture, but he took an accordion folder with 12 different sections so that each section had different things like one was "Tax documents" and another was "I-864 and documents for joint sponsor." We really didn't want to get put into Administrative Processing for not having a document so we were cautious and brought way more paperwork than they asked to see. Our goal was that he could get to anything quickly without feeling flustered and get nervous! Interview went smoothly and he said he was clearly way more prepared than most people there. 

Oh my goodness! I didn’t even think of the accordion file! That’s what I’m going to do. I have the same goal, that my husband doesn’t freak out when asked for something...thank you so much! Accordion file it is! 🙌🏼🙌🏼

3 hours ago, gonzolux said:

Do you mean the Immigration fee of $220? Or the Visa application fee? 

The Immigration fee has to be paid to USCIS (not the embassy because that's a different department) online from a US bank account. The suggestion is to not pay it until your visa is in your hand.

The Visa application fee is paid online before you submit your Visa application. You cannot submit your application without paying the fee. 

Thank you guys. I am an idiot. I already paid the visa application fee. I just freaked out literally for nothing. I am gonna pay immigration/green card fee after the interview and will pay after the visa in hand. Just so stressed over everything. It's been a hell of a year.

cc: @naz94  glad to know your husband visa is approved. Will visiting BD to pick up my girl.

Hi everyone
please i got my CC on Oct 4th, and been emailing the embassy many times. They said my NVC files or email has not sent yet from NVC.

I am confused because I have recently spoken with National Visa Center on October 18th, 2019 and again on October 22nd, 2019. They have informed me that the case I am petitioning my wife for was Documentary Qualified and is awaiting scheduling. At this time, the National Visa Center is waiting on the Jakarta Embassy to provide a list of dates/times so they can schedule interviews.

I was informed by NVC just a few moments ago, that they do not send the case information until the interview is scheduled.  At this point they have told me several times that they will schedule the interview and then forward the case on to the Embassy.

I am afraid they are waiting at each other and it takes a lot of time.

Please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Faithdiwirja said:

Hi everyone
please i got my CC on Oct 4th, and been emailing the embassy many times. They said my NVC files or email has not sent yet from NVC.

I am confused because I have recently spoken with National Visa Center on October 18th, 2019 and again on October 22nd, 2019. They have informed me that the case I am petitioning my wife for was Documentary Qualified and is awaiting scheduling. At this time, the National Visa Center is waiting on the Jakarta Embassy to provide a list of dates/times so they can schedule interviews.

I was informed by NVC just a few moments ago, that they do not send the case information until the interview is scheduled.  At this point they have told me several times that they will schedule the interview and then forward the case on to the Embassy.

Please help

After DQ NVC works with embassy 

Embassy will inform NVC about the dates which are available 

and then NVC schedules your interview

Ask for the Interview Letter waiting time of Jakarta Embassy in Facebook Group.

In normal scenario NVC may take 30 to 60 days to schedule your interview

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Faithdiwirja said:

Hi everyone

Please help

Mumbai wait for interview is 3-4mths from DQ and each embassy runs different so expect an interview letter within 90-days (hopefully sooner). You'll have to find other people on VJ from Jakarta to get a better idea of how long people are waiting.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Ammy said:

No worries! Please do drop a note here when the next batch of ILs arrive for November!! 

The wait is so frustrating but no news yet. I did receive an email from my senators office yesterday that said the liaison checked our case, which was not yet scheduled, and stated they are NOT done yet with November and we should expect an update by next week. We are DQ on July 11th for Mumbai.

We have a really great relationship with our senators office and they send me updates after calling NVC every few weeks to check our case.

Let's hope and pray for news tonight...

55 minutes ago, Peter and Kat said:

Hi! We just got our interview date! 

DQ: October 11, 2019

Date interview letter received: October 24, 2019

Category : CR-I

Interview date: November 18, 2019

Wow, that was pretty quick. Good luck! 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Peter and Kat said:

Hi! We just got our interview date! 

DQ: October 11, 2019

Date interview letter received: October 24, 2019

Category : CR-I

Interview date: November 18, 2019

wowww sooo happy for you 

congratulations dear 

52 minutes ago, Rupi said:

wowww sooo happy for you 

congratulations dear 

Thank you! I hope you get yours sooner than you expect! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.