14 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs Corazon said:

Has anyone had success with visa issuance by pursuing a Writ of Mandamus against the Embassy in Casablanca?

A Writ of Mandamus cannot force them to issue the visa. It can only force them to make a decision, based on whatever information is available, which is most likely a denial.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you! You are correct.

Therefore, let me re-phrase my question. 

Has anyone had a positive outcome due to a Writ of Mandamus?

There are a lot of people, who have exhausted their efforts and spent years trying to get answers from the Embassy.   People are told to wait.  If all the documentation is in order, why can't we get an answer sooner.  Bad or Good. 

Your post history indicates that your spouse interviewed in February this year. While ~8 months is a while, a WoM would generally only be a consideration after decently over a year. There are some people who have been in background checks for years.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wish more people who have filed one would come back to VJ for updates.   There was one on a facebook group I was in for the ds5535 who was from Morroco who had filed one after a year and he received his visa.  It was with Hacking Law she then got really salesman like about the lawyer which was either because of her outcome or.... something else but it started to annoy other members and became less beneficial for those looking into it.

There are also  few advocates here on VJ who have not even filed one but will point you to an attorney that can help.

If I saw more success stories I may attempt it but at this time I'd rather spend the money to see my husband.  In addition one attorney I talked to told me WOM's filed through USCIS are more successful but through the embassy they are rare because consular working overseas can be afforded protection against lawsuits under the doctrine of consular non-review ability, which is akin to diplomatic immunity.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A US lawyer can not help and a moroccan  lawyer would love to take your money but they can not do a thing

Morocco citizens are use to paying lawyers , paying judges under the table (ask your moroccan husband about this) but the embassy can not be bribed 

so many of you are in this Long AP while other embassies are moving on the security checks and i was hoping the newly appointed (last October) mr, Fisher would improve the immigration process and get things moving.

If this was me,  I would start a petition from all in the long Casa AP and send it to the new ambassador ,  Mr Fisher

5 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I wish more people who have filed one would come back to VJ for updates.   There was one on a facebook group I was in for the ds5535 who was from Morroco who had filed one after a year and he received his visa.  It was with Hacking Law she then got really salesman like about the lawyer which was either because of her outcome or.... something else but it started to annoy other members and became less beneficial for those looking into it.

There are also  few advocates here on VJ who have not even filed one but will point you to an attorney that can help.

If I saw more success stories I may attempt it but at this time I'd rather spend the money to see my husband.  In addition one attorney I talked to told me WOM's filed through USCIS are more successful but through the embassy they are rare because consular working overseas can be afforded protection against lawsuits under the doctrine of consular non-review ability, which is akin to diplomatic immunity.   

Agreed. We get so many inquiries about WoM but we don't get any info of people who went through it or update us on how far they get.

The most I have seen was one person sharing a quote of cost from his lawyer and another who shared a lawyer's track record for filing WoM (although he didn't say if he used the lawyer to file).

I think most people see the time and cost associated with WoM and either wait it out or decide it is not worth it. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Corazon said:

Thank you for the information!🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

We filed a complaint against the Islamabad Embassy for their abuse. We will be married 4 years, got denied. We won't stop fighting. If people that are abused or treated badly had the guts to file a complaint, maybe things would change, but most don't. Islamabad Embassy has to be the worst in the world for abuse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.