Sarge21555

October 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,365 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CarissaUSUK said:

Congratulations!  The waiting game starts now!

It'll be quick!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It's almost November now...

Time flies. But at the same time, really can't wait for NOA2...

Everyday is getting more and more excited. 😆

I wonder how you guys doing right now? Any plans during this long period?

He is working hard to make enough money, thinking to buy himself a car once arriving the states.

Also he promised me to learn English and driving, two of the critical skills to be living here.

We are really excited and nervous of the future.

It seems there will be much happiness, yet difficulties.

2019/07/17  Met online

2019/08/29  1st in-person meeting in 3rd country for 5 days

2019/10/04  I-129F sent

2019/10/08  I-129F delivered

2019/10/11  NOA1 text & email received

2019/10/15  NOA1 check cashed

2019/10/17  NOA1 hard copy received

2020/02/10  NOA2- Case was approved (USCIS website status changed on 02/12)

2020/02/15  NOA2 hard copy received

4 hours ago, LittlePug said:

He is working hard to make enough money, thinking to buy himself a car once arriving the states.

Also he promised me to learn English and driving, two of the critical skills to be living here.

Very good attitude as long as you realize it won't  all be a bed of roses you'll  be fine.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, LittlePug said:

I can't wait either! check had been cashed but we are still waiting for NOA1. 

I hope we will get NOA2 by January! 

We are getting married in July and I am not even sure if i will get the visa by then. Thinking to postpone it to August instead! What do ya'll think? 

Dated for almost 3 years before he proposed. 💍

16 Oct 2019 - Sent I-129F

18 Oct 2019 - Delivered

24 Oct 2019 - NOA1 notice date

7 Feb 2020 - NOA2 notice date

13 Mar 2020 - P3 Received

20 Mar 2020- DS-160 fee paid

15 Jan 2021 - Visa Approved!

21 Jan 2021 - Visa status changed to "issued"

27 March 2021 - Entered US

21 April 2021 - Married 👰🤵

30 April 2021- AOS delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
6 hours ago, LittlePug said:

We actually have a visit coming up in a week. He’ll be here for 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to it.

I’m slowly working and gathering all the paperwork I’ll need for the interview and in the US. Also got to get imunized again, because my doctors lost my vaccination records. Fun. 

Making lists, sorting through my possessions. Figuring out what I want to take with me, what I’m leaving behind or even gifting because I don’t need it.

And tons and tons of sculpting to keep myself sane and not go totally impatient.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Lili_K said:

We are getting married in July and I am not even sure if i will get the visa by then. Thinking to postpone it to August instead! What do ya'll think? 

If I learned anything from reading through this forum, it’s that you have to stay flexible. Planning a proper wedding is almost impossible. But who knows, with the shorter processing times, you might pull it off.

Personally, we choose the rings and I choose a dress, and they are kinda on standby until I have the visa in my hand. Courthouse wedding for us, but we don’t mind, neither of us is big on gatherings and big celebrations.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, E&W said:

If I learned anything from reading through this forum, it’s that you have to stay flexible. Planning a proper wedding is almost impossible. But who knows, with the shorter processing times, you might pull it off.

Personally, we choose the rings and I choose a dress, and they are kinda on standby until I have the visa in my hand. Courthouse wedding for us, but we don’t mind, neither of us is big on gatherings and big celebrations.

We thought we would have enough time at first until the first mailing of the visa packet was rejected which now sets us back about 2 months. Unfortunately we had paid the deposit for the wedding venue so we can't postpone it to 2021. :( 

18 Oct 2019 - Delivered

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lili_K said:

We thought we would have enough time at first until the first mailing of the visa packet was rejected which now sets us back about 2 months. Unfortunately we had paid the deposit for the wedding venue so we can't postpone it to 2021. :( 

Aw damn. Maybe you'll get lucky,  but if you can move it a month or two it might help. I wish you luck.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, E&W said:

Aw damn. Maybe you'll get lucky,  but if you can move it a month or two it might help. I wish you luck.

Yeah thinking of moving it to August. The only date they have that is not booked apart from August 1st is October 31st. Don't think i want to have a wedding on Halloween day. haha.

Thank you though and Good luck to you too! ❤️

18 Oct 2019 - Delivered

2 hours ago, Lili_K said:

Unfortunately, you were unable to see ahead and not make plans that can't be changed without a penalty. Don't make that same mistake by resigning from a job or purchasing air line tickets.  Most embassy's on their website or in their P3 state the following:

"Visa issuance is not guaranteed. Therefore, we recommend that you do NOT make any travel plans, quit your job, or sell your properties, purchase airline tickets that are non-refundable or place deposits for wedding venue's until a consular officer has approved your visa and it has been issued."

Be very careful that you can marry within the 90 days after the beneficiary arrives in the US or they will be out of status and subject to deportation if "caught". Trust me it can happen. Just read a post some 6 months ago of this happening to another couple. Just another heads up to add to your bag of what not to do.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, E&W said:

We actually have a visit coming up in a week. He’ll be here for 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to it.

I’m slowly working and gathering all the paperwork I’ll need for the interview and in the US. Also got to get immunized again, because my doctors lost my vaccination records. Fun. 

Making lists, sorting through my possessions. Figuring out what I want to take with me, what I’m leaving behind or even gifting because I don’t need it.

And tons and tons of sculpting to keep myself sane and not go totally impatient.

The medical staff can determine what vac you have taken and the ones you need so no need for vac record. You can check that off your list.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Opps!

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Lili_K said:

You still got plenty of time,  I'd wait awhile and remember  never  plan anything that involves  money that cant be refunded until your visa is in hand.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The medical staff can determine what vac you have taken and the ones you need so no need for vac record. You can check that off your list.

Yeah, I am aware that the vaccination depends on age and that embassy certified docs in Croatia offer most of them, except the varicella one (I checked, both certified docs in Croatia list them as unavailable). Since I have never had chickenpox, that one will be a must. Weirdly enough I can get it through the Croatian immunization services. And personally I'd rather get it, because chickenpox in adulthood and especially pregnancy can be really bad. So I am on the fence if I should just get the other ones that are usually requested for my age group or wait until the medical.

Edited by E&W

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.