2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I can only imagine as we have the same PD! March 2017! I pray God gives you the strength and grace to wait for your good news because it's coming!🙏

Amen. Thanks 

16 minutes ago, aquila said:

Yes I'm with you on the same response. Just to assure you, we're all in this together and if I'm correct some others too.

I got the same and usual generic response from my Congresswoman and senator.

At the moment I'm waiting for response from the USCIS ombudsman. I sent out a privacy release form for them to follow up as requested.

My timelines are exact similar to yours just a month before you in submission and rfe (bona fide marriage only) too 😁

It's all good, we'll still keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best news in the near future. 👍🍻

Thanks for the inspiration. I have to admit, I can tell you know and feel my pain. Thanks once again 

4 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Those attorneys :ranting::ranting:.. When they sent new g28 for my cases, they missed a digit and now my c31 card is nowhere. I visited USPS to claim it and they didn't able to find as wrong PO Box number was there. I feel they will send it back to USCIS like @Lola_lalo. They are working on new G28 so that we can send it not more than tomorrow hopefully. Do you think if I involve congressman and send G28 through them, it will help me to get my card again very soon? 

Sorry to hear that, Just send the G28 and re-send request stating the problem. you don't have to involve congress man. If you do this you will hear from them in no time. The good thing you are on the right truck. Don't rush yourself, expectation will lead you to exhaustion. Send and wait dear. God be with you!

Hey guys, today I got an update on my I-485 that a reopening notice couldn't be delivered to me. My attorney then went ahead and changed my address to hers online after 5 months of refusing to check with USCIS to see if they had my correct address, we sent an AR11 to VSC but only signed not notarized. I called the hotline and they said to write a letter to VSC. The congressperson said the local office received my I-485 file after it was sitting at NBC for a whole 12 months idle. I don't know what to do anymore, everything seems like such a big mess and complicated. If @sandranj anyone has some advice, please let me know, I would appreciate your input. I am losing sleep over this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, aquila said:

Yes I'm with you on the same response. Just to assure you, we're all in this together and if I'm correct some others too.

I got the same and usual generic response from my Congresswoman and senator.

At the moment I'm waiting for response from the USCIS ombudsman. I sent out a privacy release form for them to follow up as requested.

My timelines are exact similar to yours just a month before you in submission and rfe (bona fide marriage only) too 😁

It's all good, we'll still keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best news in the near future. 👍🍻

How we can apply to the obudsman what are the procedure and requirement for this process 

I hope this will better understand the process for every body

4 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

Hi everyone, today I heard back from my congressman’s office after requesting that they enquirer into my case. The response given to the congressman’s office by USCIS was that the application required a routine security check, and that the security check is taking longer than usual. Specifically, USCIS stated that the security check is what is resulting in the delay with processing my application. 
My question is that, is there anyone with similar response from congressman’s office and what update has the individual gotten since the enquiry.

My timeline is as follows:

March 2017- Filed I360 jointly with I485.

April 2017- RFE (bonafide marriage  and police clearance from home country)

May -2-2017- USCIS received response to my RFE.

Thanks 

I have a “similar” timeline as you. I applied in November 2017 but I answered a RFE in June 2019 and still nothing by now! I haven’t contacted the congressman though 

8 hours ago, sandranj said:

If your attorney updated his address with USCIS then you don't have to do anything.

Thanks Sandranj, Hope you are doing well. He sent a G28 with a re-send letter a month ago. He said he sent an address change but I don't believe him because this is my second time getting a return notice from USCIS.

1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

How we can apply to the obudsman what are the procedure and requirement for this process 

I hope this will better understand the process for every body

My dear you can find the whole process and request for assistance through this link:

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, aquila said:

My dear you can find the whole process and request for assistance through this link:

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

You think obudsman is more powerful forum then the Congress man and can the obudsman force the USCIS to make a decision as soon as possible 

2 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

Sorry to hear that, Just send the G28 and re-send request stating the problem. you don't have to involve congress man. If you do this you will hear from them in no time. The good thing you are on the right truck. Don't rush yourself, expectation will lead you to exhaustion. Send and wait dear. God be with you!

Ok my attorney received it just got a call from him. They sent 2 letters .. i am glad USps did not returned it but what i am doing is to again resubmitting g28 with correct addresses. 

Edited by Shroy123

2 hours ago, staypositive said:

Hey guys, today I got an update on my I-485 that a reopening notice couldn't be delivered to me. My attorney then went ahead and changed my address to hers online after 5 months of refusing to check with USCIS to see if they had my correct address, we sent an AR11 to VSC but only signed not notarized. I called the hotline and they said to write a letter to VSC. The congressperson said the local office received my I-485 file after it was sitting at NBC for a whole 12 months idle. I don't know what to do anymore, everything seems like such a big mess and complicated. If @sandranj anyone has some advice, please let me know, I would appreciate your input. I am losing sleep over this.

i think if your case has transferred to local office, all you can do is to change your address online. (I am not sure though). you have approved vawa right? that's why it has been transferred 

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, staypositive said:

Im sorry you are going through these difficulties. If the congressperson confirmed it is at your local office then you just need to wait for them to set an interview. In NYC currently people are waiting a very long time (6-12 months) for interview slots to open.

2 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Im sorry you are going through these difficulties. If the congressperson confirmed it is at your local office then you just need to wait for them to set an interview. In NYC currently people are waiting a very long time (6-12 months) for interview slots to open.

thank you for your response @Villanelle I appreciate that! It's just that a notice was sent to me regarding the case that was undeliverable and sent back to USCIS and I am just not sure what is going on or why I am not receiving mail at my current address that my congressperson has confirmed....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.