2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

You think obudsman is more powerful forum then the Congress man and can the obudsman force the USCIS to make a decision as soon as possible 

No the Ombudsman can not force USCIS to make decisions. The Obudsman can provide personal case assistance and also periodically submits reports about how USCIS can improve based on data they collect and review. 

For most petitioners you have a few options on how to handle issues with USCIS. USCIS first suggests you try to request assistance from USCIS with online case tools or e-requests. For VAWA petitioner this is not an option as due to privacy concerns in the sensitive process they require all communication to be done through mail to VSC.  If you have an attny they have other means of contacting USCIS about your case that the public can not. 

So many VAWA petitioners (w/no attny) skip trying to deal with VSC through mail and go right to the congressperson for help. You have 2 senators and one representative you can use to help you. They should have a website with links on how to apply for their help. It usually involves filling out an authorization form for them to be able to contact USCIS about your case. There is a staff member at the congresspersons office called the immigration liaison who will help you. They have contacts in USCIS they communicate with and are usually able to help get most issues resolved.

If they are unable to help you or you choose to not use them you also have the option of contacting the Ombudsman. They are more helpful if it is a policy or procedural issue vs an individual case issue, although they will help with any case assistance provided it falls under their scope of authority. 

Filed: Other Timeline
14 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I can only imagine as we have the same PD! March 2017! I pray God gives you the strength and grace to wait for your good news because it's coming!🙏

Waiting for two years is a very painful and waste of time that can never to regained. I strongly advise to be on the Congress man and the other body that check for this irregularities. Please, you have waited enough. Get your lawyer working. This is so mean of them.

33 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

I have Prima  Facie Determination. (Petition 2)

What does this mean for me?

and I did not receive a request for evidence (Petition 1), they sent a letter earlier PFD.

Thank you.

Congrats on your Prima Facie determination! It means the initial document check is complete..that is; you have satisfied the requirements for eligibility of the petition! Now you wait for adjudication which is when they begin to dig into the actual evidence for depth and sufficiency! At this stage you may be sent an RFE if anything is lacking, missing or unclear..also be aware that RFE can be sent out at anytime during the whole process! I sincerely hope you emerge victorious and it goes smoothly for you!😊👍

4 hours ago, Maxlax said:

Waiting for two years is a very painful and waste of time that can never to regained. I strongly advise to be on the Congress man and the other body that check for this irregularities. Please, you have waited enough. Get your lawyer working. This is so mean of them.

I agree it's painful! There are times you get proactive and times you just exercise patience...lost time cannot be recovered sadly! I sincerely hope things move smoothly and quickly henceforth..🙏

8 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Received my c31 ead card 🙂 

WOW congratulations dear!!!👏👏👏😀😀🙌

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congrats on your Prima Facie determination! It means the initial document check is complete..that is; you have satisfied the requirements for eligibility of the petition! Now you wait for adjudication which is when they begin to dig into the actual evidence for depth and sufficiency! At this stage you may be sent an RFE if anything is lacking, missing or unclear..also be aware that RFE can be sent out at anytime during the whole process! I sincerely hope you emerge victorious and it goes smoothly for you!😊👍

Thank you very much, but why didn’t they send me the first Prima of the petition? and  they sent a request for evidence.
they sent a request for evidence (which I never received from them in writing, may have been lost by mail, more than a month later they sent me this request)

Edited by natalysmile

14 hours ago, Poupis said:

I have a “similar” timeline as you. I applied in November 2017 but I answered a RFE in June 2019 and still nothing by now! I haven’t contacted the congressman though 

Please reach out to your congressman ASAP! It's been 5months already! I was issued 3scary RFEs but approved in 60days!!! You have to get proactive about it!💁

3 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Thank you very much, but why didn’t they send me the first Prima of the petition? and  they sent a request for evidence.
they sent a request for evidence (which I never received from them in writing, may have been lost by mail, more than a month later they sent me this request)

Prima facie determination is not a request. It's about all I explained earlier. It looks like one of the petition you submitted meets the criteria and the other was lacking....probably the reason for the RFE! I hope you sent out a letter to them as you were adviced by many here advising them to cancel one? Preferably the one lacking..

Filed: Other Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 1:47 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I hope so too thank God for progress!😀👍

Hi family 

please, is there anyone here that shared the same PD with me

PD: 5/18/2018. If yes, kindly do keep me updated as to approval and the rest of the proceedings.

Thank, and God bless you.

4 minutes ago, Maxlax said:

Hi family 

please, is there anyone here that shared the same PD with me

PD: 5/18/2018. If yes, kindly do keep me updated as to approval and the rest of the proceedings.

Thank, and God bless you.

You will surely hear soon as they have approved some May 2018 cases! It's coming!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.