2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, digonyc said:

Hi. Just got back from my interview and it was exactly like yours!

Officer asked for birth and marriage certificate along with state ID. 

The officer didnt ask any questions about the marriage.  

The interview was about 10 min. My lawyer was next to me. 

Officer said the she would review my case and i would hear from them.

The officer gave me a letter stating that they wouldnt need anything else from me and for my suprise, soon i walked out of the Plaza building in Manhattan my status was updated to :

New Card Is Being Produced

On November 19, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number , and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Good luck to everyone. It was a long journey, 3 yrs! 

Congratulations please share your time line have you got any RFE or straight to approval 

2 hours ago, digonyc said:

The officer gave me a letter stating that they wouldnt need anything else from me and for my suprise, soon i walked out of the Plaza building in Manhattan my status was updated to :

On November 19, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number , and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈 

4 minutes ago, digonyc said:

Thank you.  Its a great feeling!

Package sent December 2016 and receipt received on January 2017

EAD arrive after 3 months later

Request of evidence : Good moral character 

Wawa approved after 19 months of waiting 

C31 arrived week later

Case transferred November 26/2018

Medical received a month later

Interview date November 19/2019

Ok thanks dear! God did it for you!😊🙏

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, Braveheart123 said:

Congratulations please share your time line have you got any RFE or straight to approval 

Package sent December 2016 and receipt received on January 2017

EAD arrive after 3 months later

Request of evidence : Good moral character 

Wawa approved after 19 months of waiting 

C31 arrived week later

Case transferred November 26/2018

Medical received a month later

Interview date November 19/2019

2 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Good moral character only

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Pinkslays said:

I understand ... however my clause is that our abusers don’t cooperate - they know these evidences are required and that’s where they abuse 

they choose not to add you to bills or have life insurance with you 

my abuser refused to add me to single bill ... he wouldn’t even have a joint account with me ...never added me to his medical insurance or life insurance or even car insurance ... all the 4 pieces of evidence I had was a result of fights abuse begging pleading - he refuses to even file taxes 

so my question is how do I prove anything if abuser refuses to cooperatE Knowing that these will help us —— they make sure we are enslaved ... if my abuser helped me establish good faith marriage and all pertinent documents then where would the problem be ? We would have a happy marriage ... isn’t that why we file vawa ... 

all of this extreme cruelty Isn’t it ? 

what do we do in such case 

Edited by ATLANTA1

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I reached out to my congressman to enquire on my case and it is pending background check. Anyone knows how long that can take. Anyone with experience who went through the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Diva-anna said:

Hi, I reached out to my congressman to enquire on my case and it is pending background check. Anyone knows how long that can take. Anyone with experience who went through the same thing.

There's no specific time..but from the experience of the few people who posted here, it sure does take time. Still every case is different. I pray yours is resolved quickly.🙏

2 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

I'm back at it again. My EAD under my approved I-360 is Returned to USCIS because the post office didn't deliver it. The reason is my lawyer and his assistant didn't send their office address change. But on the day USCIS send the card we sent them the request. Do I have to send the attorney office address change and card re-send request again or wait? because when I contacted my congress man VAWA unit replayed  "Your constituent's form I-360 was approved. . . EAD has been sent. . . on the date the address on the form I-360 was changed to the new address. A request to re-mail the EAD to the above address will be submitted to the appropriate department should the card be returned to the VSC"

Your valuable advice please:idea:

Okay you know what happened with me? My c31 ead has delivered to different po box. My attorney missed a digit in new g28.. i am going to usps tomorrow at 8.30am to claim it.. i hope I will get it without any issues

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, digonyc said:

congrats!!!
was it GC interview after your wava was approved?

Edited by DmytriiD

3 hours ago, Diva-anna said:

When my case was at “background check just completed” I got my interview notice about a month later. 

8 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

If you are talking about the I-360 I can tell you my experience. I'm approved by the grace of God. We don't have nothing shared. Name it, I don't have it. NO bank account, shared residence, insurance. . . I submitted a detailed self, sister, mom and friend affidavit. The only thing I found with the address is the hospital documents sent for me. I submitted his proof of residency by googling on people search engines. My advice pray, do what you have to do, give all the information you have and wait. If you prefer to stress yourself keep on reading all those denial materials and stay up all night, loose your appetite. . . read success stories and give to God. The Righteous Judge is your father. Do what you have to do and give it to God. May the Almighty God guide you through out the process and guard your heart. 

Wow 😳 

this gives me so much hope 

I hope you can tell me your story in more detail ... but don’t worry - you don’t have to if you are Uncomfortable sharing 

I will just extricate the hope from your story - amen 🙏🏻 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.