2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Villanelle said:

@dreamer1 and @designguy   You guys are posting in the VAWA thread. The public charge issues do NOT apply to those filing VAWA. 

@Villanelle does that mean as a vawa applicant filing the I-485, one do not need to file the I-864W  ? 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a problem. I sent in my FAFSA and it got resent because i did not provide my SSN. The thing is i do not have an SSN. as a qualified battered immigrant i was told to select that i was an eligible noncitizen and put in my Alien Registration Number, which i did. So, i don't get why they resent it asking for my SSN? i filled the paper application and mailed it in

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, TheGraveMistake said:

I have a problem. I sent in my FAFSA and it got resent because i did not provide my SSN. The thing is i do not have an SSN. as a qualified battered immigrant i was told to select that i was an eligible noncitizen and put in my Alien Registration Number, which i did. So, i don't get why they resent it asking for my SSN? i filled the paper application and mailed it in

Yesi did mine before with SSN

6 hours ago, TheGraveMistake said:

I had the same problem . Wait for your work permit so you can apply for ssn . Fafsa can give u headaches.. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, jack1821 said:

I had the same problem . Wait for your work permit so you can apply for ssn . Fafsa can give u headaches.. 

i think it might be because i did not include the prima facie notice with the application. I've done a lot of reading even on the qualified battered immigrants section on the fafsa site. It doesn't say that you need to have an SSN to apply. In fact they even acknowledge that when we aply that we would not pass the DHS test. Then it goes to say that the fafsa admin needs to examine the documentation to determine whether the person applying is indeed eligible, which i am. My prima facie notice has not expired yet.

Fafsa is a loan for education right? Enlighten me as I might interested in applying one? Does it affect vawa?

13 minutes ago, bmw535i said:

if i haven't got a prima facie letter within a month

Does it indicate that I will be getting a RFE very soon?

May be as uscis think the documents you submitted are not enough to issue you a prima facie or you will receive one very soon 

Hi...

I applied Nov/2017 and I’m currently waiting USCIS action on my RFE response for 110 days now.

My question is: I’m on my 2nd EAD/AP. Should I renew it again by now? It will expire 02/2020 and I need it to keep my DL and working also.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Edited by Poupis

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

Fafsa is a loan for education right? Enlighten me as I might interested in applying one? Does it affect vawa?

May be as uscis think the documents you submitted are not enough to issue you a prima facie or you will receive one very soon 

yes it's a loan that you do not need to pay back. it doesn't affect vawa i think? anyways if your i360 is pending or already approved you qualify to apply for fafsa. The prima facie you're given entitles you to certain limited public benefits if i'm not wrong and the fafsa is one of those. I think my mistake was not including my prima facie notice with my fafsa application that's why it got sent back. I'll resend it with the prima facie and see if that fixes it and will report back.

Filed: Other Timeline
53 minutes ago, Poupis said:

Hi...

I applied Nov/2017 and I’m currently waiting USCIS action on my RFE response for 110 days now.

My question is: I’m on my 2nd EAD/AP. Should I renew it again by now? It will expire 02/2020 and I need it to keep my DL and working also.

Please renew it, just in case there are delays. USCIS is highly unpredictable and for the sake of your job and driver's license. 

Looking at Feb 2020 as your expiry don't delay any further and I'd suggest you do it right away.

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Poupis said:

Hi...

Dont wait. Renew it 

1 hour ago, TheGraveMistake said:

yes it's a loan that you do not need to pay back. it doesn't affect vawa i think? anyways if your i360 is pending or already approved you qualify to apply for fafsa. The prima facie you're given entitles you to certain limited public benefits if i'm not wrong and the fafsa is one of those. I think my mistake was not including my prima facie notice with my fafsa application that's why it got sent back. I'll resend it with the prima facie and see if that fixes it and will report back.

Thank you it makes sense

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.