AshleyHope0618

Mailed off my petition yesterday!

14 posts in this topic

So much like everyone here, I have been working on this packet for a lifetime it seems but we finally finished everything and mailed it out yesterday. I dont know how many times I checked everything yesterday, before I even got to the post office, then again several times before I sealed it up and mailed it out. After it was accepted at my post office, tracking number in hand, I actually sat down in my car and cried!  I am a little embarrassed to admit that but it is what it is.  I think it was a combination of excitement, nervous energy and anxiety that I may have forgotten something. The estimated delivery date is tomorrow(9-26) and I am already watching the tracking, for every single little change LOL. 

So now I am trying to think of things that I can do right now, to help keep my mind occupied while I wait for those NOAs. Im assuming the next best thing to start working on is gathering documents and filling out the forms for the I-134?  I am one of those people that dont like to sit and wait while doing nothing, I need to be doing something! Helps me to keep my mind off the whole waiting process and lets me get better prepared for the future :D Ive already went through timelines and found those relatively close to mine and followed them, lets just hope they actually update their timelines as things progress LOL. 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

So much like everyone here, I have been working on this packet for a lifetime it seems but we finally finished everything and mailed it out yesterday. I dont know how many times I checked everything yesterday, before I even got to the post office, then again several times before I sealed it up and mailed it out. After it was accepted at my post office, tracking number in hand, I actually sat down in my car and cried!  I am a little embarrassed to admit that but it is what it is.  I think it was a combination of excitement, nervous energy and anxiety that I may have forgotten something. The estimated delivery date is tomorrow(9-26) and I am already watching the tracking, for every single little change LOL. 

So now I am trying to think of things that I can do right now, to help keep my mind occupied while I wait for those NOAs. Im assuming the next best thing to start working on is gathering documents and filling out the forms for the I-134?  I am one of those people that dont like to sit and wait while doing nothing, I need to be doing something! Helps me to keep my mind off the whole waiting process and lets me get better prepared for the future :D Ive already went through timelines and found those relatively close to mine and followed them, lets just hope they actually update their timelines as things progress LOL. 

When I had my k1 interview and was approved I walked out of the embassy and cried, don't feel embarrassed as that's perfectly normal. 

2 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

lol, girlll, same. still trying to find things to keep my mind busy, 3 months in.

So what have you been doing? Ive also been browsing new furniture with him online, because we are going to need a bigger bed when he gets here LOL. Also been house hunting, as I am wanting to buy a house soon, hopefully by this time next year. Unfortunately both of those just lead me back to thinking about the paperwork! Im hoping that if I can focus on other paperwork that it will keep my mind off whats currently mailed 😕 

event.png

23 minutes ago, Carl. said:

When I had my k1 interview and was approved I walked out of the embassy and cried, don't feel embarrassed as that's perfectly normal. 

I felt so silly doing that though, this is still the early stages of everything, youd think I wouldnt be that much of a ball of nerves yet LOL.  I cant imagine how it will be for when he goes to his interview 😕 I feel I might start drinking lol 

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

So what have you been doing? Ive also been browsing new furniture with him online, because we are going to need a bigger bed when he gets here LOL. Also been house hunting, as I am wanting to buy a house soon, hopefully by this time next year. Unfortunately both of those just lead me back to thinking about the paperwork! Im hoping that if I can focus on other paperwork that it will keep my mind off whats currently mailed 😕 

I spend a lot of time here- researching, learning and keeping myself informed... We plan to move to FL to be closer to my family, sometime after he arrives in the US (in NY state now), so we have been researching areas and places to live- and trying to make connections for potential work opportunities for him & myself. I signed up for a 5k to keep busy lol, I mean I've been doing whatever possible to keep my mind occupied- side freelance work. Weekend trip to visit friends...

Timeline

Read up so you’re prepared for the next step but otherwise there’s nothing to do as of yet but wait. You can’t fill out anything else yet and other things you might need for the I-134 it’s probably best to have dated closer to when you submit them. The NOA1 to NOA2 wait is the hardest because of being absolutely out of control of everything. We’re 62 days in and it feels like a lifetime. You just have to keep focused on the fact that you’re in the process and every day is one day closer. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

I felt so silly doing that though, this is still the early stages of everything, youd think I wouldnt be that much of a ball of nerves yet LOL.  I cant imagine how it will be for when he goes to his interview 😕 I feel I might start drinking lol 

Congratulations on sending it off! You should get your NOA1 in about 5 days from your received date. 

I was emotional as well, after all, we've placed our lives in the government's hands. 

Read and research as much as you can here and join the September K-1 Filers thread 

I filled out my papers as a rough draft to prepare ahead of time. 

This site has very valuable information.  Take advantage of it.

Current NOA1-NOA2 wait is 2 1/2 to 3 months, and some longer. 

You can track approvals here:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=1&sortby=2

Make sure to select APPROVED in the drop down menu.

Edited by J&S12
  • 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

So now I am trying to think of things that I can do right now, to help keep my mind occupied while I wait for those NOAs. Im assuming the next best thing to start working on is gathering documents and filling out the forms for the I-134?  I am one of those people that dont like to sit and wait while doing nothing, I need to be doing something! Helps me to keep my mind off the whole waiting process and lets me get better prepared for the future :D Ive already went through timelines and found those relatively close to mine and followed them, lets just hope they actually update their timelines as things progress LOL

Instead of checking your status every minute, start reading the UK forum on here. Meet all the K1s and read their questions and experiences in London. You'll have all the answers before your case gets there and know just what to expect. Each embassy does things differently, so following London experiences will keep you from following procedures done in other countries. 

UK FORUM (bookmark it) https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

And don't bother with the pinned threads at the top. They are years out of date, but nobody will unpin them.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AshleyHope0618 said:

Thanks yall! Thats one thing that I can say about this forum, its amazing for supporting each other! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly! 

You're very welcome! 

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

I still clearly remember the day when my husband (well, he was my fiancé back then) mailed out our K1 package. I can feel the excitement even 5 years after! :D

Best of luck to you! :)

K1 visa

05/23/2014 - I-129F package sent

05/30/2014 - I-129F NOA1

08/05/2014 - I-129F approved (NOA2)

11/25/2014 - Interview (approved)

11/27/2014 - Visa in hand

12/06/2014 - POE

01/30/2015 - Wedding

AOS

03/03/2015 - I-485, I-765, I-131 package sent

03/10/2015 - I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1

03/31/2015 - Biometrics appt

05/13/2015 - I-765, I-131 approved (NOA2)

05/20/2015 - Combo card in hand

06/11/2015 - NPIW

09/24/2015 - I-485 approved (NOA2)

10/01/2015 - 2-year green card in hand

ROC

07/24/2017 - I-751 package sent

07/26/2017 - I-751 NOA1

08/25/2018 - 18-month extension letter received (dated 08/18/2018)

10/25/2018 - I-751 approved (NOA2)

10/31/2018 - 10-year green card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No reason to feel embarassed at all.  I remember when I mailed my petition, It was such a huge relief off my shoulders, and even a bigger one after my fiance got approved for her visa!  In the meantime, I suggest you and your fiance do your best to keep good positive communication flowing, keeping motivated, and time will fly, believe me!  Try and visit one another if possible.  And of course, you can get the other items ready, like you mentioned the I-134, and other documents your fiance will need.  You have plenty of time to start doing little things now until the interview comes.  You got this!   

Edited by Ed&Midori1031

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.