TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, americaninlove said:

Any update?

Crazy times people. I hope you are all safe and staying INSIDE. My husband has a friend back in Ireland who has been going through the K1 process and he had his interview scheduled last week and they canceled. So now who knows when it will be rescheduled or what will happen. I feel for him. This is insane!

Hey! Funny enough I just logged in to update haha.

USCIS called my hubby earlier and told us to just mail them the RFE so I did that tonight 🤞🏼

I really feel for those who were so close to getting to be with their other half’s, that’s heartbreaking. 

I’m in NYC (Manhattan) so in the thick of it in the states but I’m so grateful to be with my man ♥️

Stay safe 🙏🏼

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 8:03 PM, Nicola and Jordan said:

Hey! Funny enough I just logged in to update haha.

USCIS called my hubby earlier and told us to just mail them the RFE so I did that tonight 🤞🏼

I really feel for those who were so close to getting to be with their other half’s, that’s heartbreaking. 

I’m in NYC (Manhattan) so in the thick of it in the states but I’m so grateful to be with my man ♥️

Stay safe 🙏🏼

@Nicola and Jordan is there any update yet?

On 4/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, Gigi2017 said:

@Nicola and Jordan is there any update yet?

No nothing yet :( status hasnt changed from interview completed and your case must be reviewed 

I have 130 days left on my EAD and my AOS has probably gone into the black hole of AP after my RFE so should I apply for a renewal now considering the amount of time everything is going to be taking? I feel stuck with what to do 😐

On 4/6/2020 at 12:05 PM, Nicola and Jordan said:

I have 130 days left on my EAD

The EAD/AP renewal is also free. Send I-765 and/or I-131 to the Chicago Lockbox: https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses "If You Have a Pending Adjustment of Status Application" section

The EAD part will auto-extend to February 2021: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/42-automatic-extensions-employment-authorization-documents-eads-certain-circumstances The AP part will still end on August 2020.

An example of the optional cover letters:

[Street Number and Name]

[City, State ZIP]

[Month Day, Year]

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Applicant: [Applicant's Full Name]

A-Number: [A-Number]

To Whom It May Concern:

My Adjustment of Status case, [Case Number], is pending. I’m filing my Advance Parole Document (I-131) application concurrently with this request for an Employment Authorization Document (I-765). I filed the I-485 after July 29, 2007, and paid a one-time filing fee. Therefore, as an Adjustment of Status applicant, I am not required to pay additional USCIS fees for this I-765 request.

I am enclosing the following documents in support of my application for Employment Authorization:

1. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
  2. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  3. Copy of I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt notice of pending I-485
  4. Copy of my current I-766 (Employment Authorization Document) that expires within 180 days
  5. Copy of I-797, Notice of Action, approval notice of current I-766 (Employment Authorization Document)

I am requesting that your office promptly approve my request for an Employment Authorization Document. If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at (000) 000-0000. Thank you for the time taken in this case.

Sincerely,

[Applicant's Full Name]

[Street Number and Name]

[City, State ZIP]

[Month Day, Year]

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: I-131, Application for Travel Document

Applicant: [Applicant's Full Name]

A-Number: [A-Number]

To Whom It May Concern:

My Adjustment of Status case, [Case Number], is pending. I’m filing my Employment Authorization (I-765) application concurrently with this request for an Advance Parole Document (I-131). I filed the I-485 after July 29, 2007, and paid a one-time filing fee. Therefore, as an Adjustment of Status applicant, I am not required to pay additional USCIS fees for this I-131 request.

I am enclosing the following documents in support of my application for Advance Parole:

1. Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
  2. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  3. Copy of I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt notice of pending I-485
  4. Copy of my current I-766 (Employment Authorization Document) that also "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole." The card expires within 180 days.
  5. Copy of I-797, Notice of Action, approval notice of current I-766 (Employment Authorization Document)

I am requesting that your office promptly approve my request for an Advance Parole Document. If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at (000) 000-0000. Thank you for the time taken in this case.

Sincerely,

[Applicant's Full Name]

So I called USCIS on Thursday and no update yet, they haven’t even registered that they have received the RFE but the lady was really nice and said to try again this week as it’s all backed up which I understand. This is the same status that we had after our interview, fingers crossed we hear soon! 

58AD4B08-8D9A-4717-9731-E795AABCFA84.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cndn said:

Anyone from Seattle had their interview or heard anything yet? 

USCIS is not doing any in-person services outside of Emergencies until at least May. 

Just now, Shiran said:

USCIS is not doing any in-person services outside of Emergencies until at least May. 

I know. Some interviews are being waived though. And I’m wondering if any Seattle applicants that filed in March 2019 have been approved, even if they were approved before the pandemic. I’m going on 14 months and it would be nice to see if anyone from Seattle has seen some movement at all since filing. 

28 days since sending in our RFE, I called again today just to see if they have received it (I know the process will take a while and that’s fine) and still no sign of anything. She said to call back after 33 days of sending it in 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 6:20 PM, Nicola and Jordan said:

28 days since sending in our RFE, I called again today just to see if they have received it (I know the process will take a while and that’s fine) and still no sign of anything. She said to call back after 33 days of sending it in 

Hi @Nicola and Jordan how is everything with you? Any news?

1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

Hi @Nicola and Jordan how is everything with you? Any news?

Hey! Thanks for checking up on me! Still no news 🙁 I called USCIS last week and spoke to a Tier 2 who said she would email the NYC office to ask them to let me know whether they have received the RFE response and they have to reply by 15th May but she said she was confident that they had as it had been assigned to an officer but that’s all they could tell me right now. She said they will likely communicate via email but we will see what happens. Hope you are doing well 💜

2 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Hey! Thanks for checking up on me! Still no news 🙁 I called USCIS last week and spoke to a Tier 2 who said she would email the NYC office to ask them to let me know whether they have received the RFE response and they have to reply by 15th May but she said she was confident that they had as it had been assigned to an officer but that’s all they could tell me right now. She said they will likely communicate via email but we will see what happens. Hope you are doing well 💜

Ahhhh I’m so sorry 😐 it’s horrible!! Keep me posted !

I’m doing ok. My husband and I both have jobs but I’m really disappointed. After all those years I finally got the green card but still wasn’t able to use it for traveling. 😓 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

After all those years I finally got the green card but still wasn’t able to use it for traveling. 😓 

Ugh I'm so sorry! This situation really sucks so much, I wish it were over soon...

AOS thru marriage from F-1 (student) visa in Tampa, FL - 83 DAYS (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

2019-03-18 - AOS package sent; concurrent filing (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) (FedEx; choose regular rate! Still arrives super fast and is WAY cheaper!)

2019-03-21 - AOS package received (Day 1)

2019-03-30 - All NOA1s arrived (dated March 25) (Day 10)

2019-04-05 - Biometrics notice arrived (dated March 29) (Day 16)

2019-04-16 - Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

2019-04-17 - Online status updated to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" (Day 28)

2019-04-23 - Online status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (Day 34)

2019-05-30 - AOS Interview (Day 71) → https://tinyurl.com/yxug6acr

2019-06-04 - Online status updated to "Case Was Approved"; EAD and AP status updated to "Case Closed" (Day 76)

2019-06-11 - GC in hand (Day 83) ~ done for now!

ROC during COVID-19 pandemic, Nebraska Service Center <_< - 514 DAYS

Spoiler

2021-03-10 - ROC package sent

2021-03-15 - ROC package received (Day 1)

2021-04-09 - NOA1 arrived (dated April 06) (Day 26)

2021-04-30 - Online status updated to "Fingerprints Were Taken" (used AOS fingerprints); no biometrics fee refund (Day 47)

2021-11-01 - 24-month extension letter received (Day 232)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 512) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Approval notice in the mail; no 10-year green card for me since N-400 also approved (Day 514)

N-400 during COVID-19 pandemic in Philly, PA - 169 DAYS (No RFE)

Spoiler

2022-03-11 - Online submission

2022-03-11 - NOA1 and biometrics reuse notice uploaded to myUSCIS account (Day 1)

2022-06-30 - Interview scheduled (Day 112)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 151) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Oath ceremony scheduled (Day 153)

2022-08-26 - Oath ceremony (Day 169) ~ DONE FOREVER!

BE  K I N D → https://tinyurl.com/tev3sgl  

3 minutes ago, HSsweethearts4E said:

Ugh I'm so sorry! This situation really sucks so much, I wish it were over soon...

Yeah. We live in SoCal and wanted to go to Mexico on Spring break for Honeymoon (my husband is a college teacher) plus in August we wanted to go to Hungary visit our family there but most likely it won’t happen 😭😭

Edited by Gigi2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.