TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Received my Green Card in the mail today. After almost two years, my journey of waiting for my gc has come to an end. I have become a permanent resident od the US as of Dec 2,2020.

I wanna use this opportunity to wish all those waiting for their green card or EAD best of luck. 

The process is frustrating but never give up on hope,for your moment will surely come. 

I will still hang around and I know most of us will cross path in 3 years time if all things been possible. 

Once again best of luck to those waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 5:42 AM, Bluewaters said:

Just an update "New Card Is Being Produced" 

Finally going to receive my GC by next week. 

I wish all those waiting the best of luck to get updates on their cases without any delays. 

Congrats.   have you received the card?

They got our medical data on Wed Nov 23rd and on Dec 10th it says card is being produced

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, rye_212 said:

They got our medical data on Wed Nov 23rd and on Dec 10th it says card is being produced

Thank you.

Yes I have received my GC in hard. 

In a week time from Dec 10th, you should receive your card also. 

Edited by Bluewaters

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 11:59 AM, rye_212 said:

FINALLY! I'm hoping you've gotten it by now? I honestly can't believe the process you've had. You are maybe the most determined person I've ever seen!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Interview update, my case just changed to schedule on feb 1st. I just know it today and waiting to see the real interview date. It is 2 years completely for waiting!!!any tips for me, thanks in advance 😄

7 hours ago, D and P said:

any tips for me, thanks in advance 😄

Since your marriage date is February 1, 2019 you should receive 10-year GC after being approved. You should remind the IO about that.

If they still don't issue the 10-year GC then file Form I-90 for free. Select "My existing card has incorrect data because of DHS error." https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Timeline
5 hours ago, HRQX said:

Since your marriage date is February 1, 2019 you should receive 10-year GC after being approved. You should remind the IO about that.

If they still don't issue the 10-year GC then file Form I-90 for free. Select "My existing card has incorrect data because of DHS error." https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Did they do that to you?  I will keep that in mind. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, D and P said:

Did they do that to you?

It didn't happen to me. My I-485 is still pending and it isn't based on marriage.

But it sometimes does happen:

Also double check the "Resident Since" date since that is another thing that USCIS could mess up:

It should be the date when I-485 is approved.

Edited by HRQX

Timeline

Oh my god, they made a lot of mess up! Therefore, I should go make I 693 then in case they need it and keep asking them to accurate the green card. 

Timeline
On 1/2/2021 at 12:50 AM, americaninlove said:

FINALLY! I'm hoping you've gotten it by now? I honestly can't believe the process you've had. You are maybe the most determined person I've ever seen!

thank you. I got the greencard on 21 Dec.  I arrived home for a visit in Ireland on 28th Dec!!!   No covid quarantine rules stopping me.   Anyhow, I got a covid "vaccination" back in November :)   so low risk of getting it again.   Lovely to fly across the atlantic with only 40 other passengers.   

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Timeline
On 2/5/2021 at 1:15 AM, D and P said:

Oh my god, they made a lot of mess up! Therefore, I should go make I 693 then in case they need it and keep asking them to accurate the green card. 

What happened?   A new mess?   Did you have the interview? 

Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 3:41 AM, D and P said:

Interview update, my case just changed to schedule on feb 1st. I just know it today and waiting to see the real interview date. It is 2 years completely for waiting!!!any tips for me, thanks in advance 😄

Congrats! You are on your way to get 10years green card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.