TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, SusannZ said:

Do you know what the 2020 income guidelines are? 

I don’t know at the time of interview. Because it didn’t came out yet. But I know now and my husband made it through the guidelines.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 minutes ago, PaulaMarie said:

I don’t know at the time of interview. Because it didn’t came out yet. But I know now and my husband made it through the guidelines.

We have our interview in an hour 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

After we sat down he started to he asked us if we ever saw the movie called Green card with Andie MacDowell and Gérard Depardieu.

Congratulations! And now you all know what you are watching at date night :)
For some reason I still remember the name of night creme from that film...

And thank you for sharing a very detailed write up of your process! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
45 minutes ago, HRQX said:

125% of the numbers in "Poverty Guideline" column: https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

Yup thank you. My husband make above the 125%. That is why I am thinking why I am not hearing anything from them.

2 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Congratulations! And now you all know what you are watching at date night :)
For some reason I still remember the name of night creme from that film...

And thank you for sharing a very detailed write up of your process! 

Thank you! And yes, we agreed that with my husband the Green card movie will be our Green card anniversary movie 😂

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

125% of the numbers in "Poverty Guideline" column: https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

Is it the same for all states then? $17.5k seems very low for 2 living in NYC 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Is it the same for all states then? $17.5k seems very low for 2 living in NYC 😂

They're supposed to judge things by the totality of circumstances; the 125% is a minimum.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline

Just finished our interview. We were there about an hour ahead of our time and they took our paperwork. I didn't realize they would ask for additional paperwork at the front desk so I had to go up 3 times with more stuff 😂 the lady was polite and friendly and we basically talked more about deers, seafood and our dogs than our actual application. She didn't ask any questions about our marriage or relationship. Nor did she ask about income. We went over my visas and I stumbled a little bit bc I had a hard time understanding her accent. She did question why I didn't study in England instead of the US and I said that the field I was in (autism) my education and work experience was more attractive since all our practices in Sweden stems from the US. She seemed to think that made sense.I did manage to see her notes that said "good bona fide marriage" and then she went over all the forms. I had forgotten to answer like 5 of the questions on there and I said our wedding date wrong, that it was October 17 and not 14 but in my head I was thinking of 2017. She made copies of our passports, drivers license and health insurance and my ead. She didn't say anything about approving us or when we'd hear for a decision so we are still in limbo. She didn't ask for photos so I asked if she wanted any and handed about 20 to them and the first picture was of us and our dog so we chatted even more about the dogs. Then she just said thank you and sent us on our way. It felt like it went well but I have no idea!

🤞🏼

26 minutes ago, SusannZ said:

Just finished our interview. We were there about an hour ahead of our time and they took our paperwork. I didn't realize they would ask for additional paperwork at the front desk so I had to go up 3 times with more stuff 😂 the lady was polite and friendly and we basically talked more about deers, seafood and our dogs than our actual application. She didn't ask any questions about our marriage or relationship. Nor did she ask about income. We went over my visas and I stumbled a little bit bc I had a hard time understanding her accent. She did question why I didn't study in England instead of the US and I said that the field I was in (autism) my education and work experience was more attractive since all our practices in Sweden stems from the US. She seemed to think that made sense.I did manage to see her notes that said "good bona fide marriage" and then she went over all the forms. I had forgotten to answer like 5 of the questions on there and I said our wedding date wrong, that it was October 17 and not 14 but in my head I was thinking of 2017. She made copies of our passports, drivers license and health insurance and my ead. She didn't say anything about approving us or when we'd hear for a decision so we are still in limbo. She didn't ask for photos so I asked if she wanted any and handed about 20 to them and the first picture was of us and our dog so we chatted even more about the dogs. Then she just said thank you and sent us on our way. It felt like it went well but I have no idea!

🤞🏼

I Think you did fine and you’ll get update later today or tomorrow! What a relief, right ?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I Think you did fine and you’ll get update later today or tomorrow! What a relief, right ?

Yes we just got a notification that our interview is complete and must be reviewed. Gongrats on card being produced!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shawn_Lock said:

Best of luck ! Let me know how it goes. My Hartford interview is in 2 weeks. 

My tip is just to have everything that you want to add to your case ready to be handed in when you check in. The front desk is really friendly. Our IO was a lady from Laos and she was very friendly. I kept cracking jokes even tho everyone instructed me not to 😂 Good luck to you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.