Shipmaster

UKraine-setting up interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NVC received my approved I129F on Aug 28. I have read a few posts which say that once I see READY status on CEAC web site I may go ahead and set up my interview date. My question is firstly is this true for Kiev, and secondly how many days shall I allow from READY status for the interview date ?

Also can I fill in the DS-16o once I see the status is READY ?

Is P3 information available on the DS-160 ?

Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

NVC received my approved I129F on Aug 28. I have read a few posts which say that once I see READY status on CEAC web site I may go ahead and set up my interview date. My question is firstly is this true for Kiev, and secondly how many days shall I allow from READY status for the interview date ?

Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Go to the Russian Ukrainian Belarus regional forum for answers to questions about Kyiv.   P3 is separate from the ds160.   Kyiv has everything online on the website 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional forum, from K1 P&P - As the question is country specific~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

We did. So yes to all your questions. Do the ds160, get the deposit slip and pay then enter the reciept number the next day and schedule interview and call to schedule medical

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 9/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, Shipmaster said:

You can do DS-160 before "Ready" status. That form is finicky, I suggest you do it early. You can schedule and do medical as well. You can print out deposit slip and pay MRV fee at Aval bank. Note deposit slip is only good for couple of days, so you will have to print new one if you wait too long. Get deposit slip here: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/UADepositSlip2.html?fee=62&quantity=1 PAyment is in UAH, not dollars. exchange rate tends be not favourable (You end up paying more than the market rate) 
Make sure Police cert is in order, that part takes by far longest time to get (maybe couple of weeks) You can get police cert at any time. 
I-134 + tax transcripts. Scanned copy is ok. 

Timeline

I see no need to rush with medical as it is only valid for 6 mos. I did my medical 1 month ahead of my interview and got a visa with only 5mos span

Timeline
On 9/10/2019 at 1:04 AM, Shiran said:

You can do DS-160 before "Ready" status. That form is finicky, I suggest you do it early. You can schedule and do medical as well. You can print out deposit slip and pay MRV fee at Aval bank. Note deposit slip is only good for couple of days, so you will have to print new one if you wait too long. Get deposit slip here: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/UADepositSlip2.html?fee=62&quantity=1 PAyment is in UAH, not dollars. exchange rate tends be not favourable (You end up paying more than the market rate) 
Make sure Police cert is in order, that part takes by far longest time to get (maybe couple of weeks) You can get police cert at any time. 
I-134 + tax transcripts. Scanned copy is ok. 

From my side everything is ready, I am just nervous to schedule her interview not knowing for sure if it will hit ready status. Again, just to remind you NOA2 reached NVC on Aug 28, so really I should be seeing 'IN TRANSIT' on Sept 17-18 latest on CEAC. Don't you think I should wait for that ? Thanks.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

From my side everything is ready, I am just nervous to schedule her interview not knowing for sure if it will hit ready status. Again, just to remind you NOA2 reached NVC on Aug 28, so really I should be seeing 'IN TRANSIT' on Sept 17-18 latest on CEAC. Don't you think I should wait for that ? Thanks.

I would wait until it shows "In Transit" There were cases when NVC would return case to USCIS instead of forwarding it to Embassy. It is rare, but it happens when NVC finds an issue with the case that USCIS misses. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I would wait until it shows "In Transit" There were cases when NVC would return case to USCIS instead of forwarding it to Embassy. It is rare, but it happens when NVC finds an issue with the case that USCIS misses. 

Yeah, thanks, I thought so. Stay tuned, I am leaving for Kiev on 24th anyway....

On 9/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, HP+IC said:

I see no need to rush with medical as it is only valid for 6 mos. I did my medical 1 month ahead of my interview and got a visa with only 5mos span

that is what we did also, mostly because she had to travel pretty far to get to Kyiv

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
On 9/13/2019 at 4:25 PM, Shipmaster said:

Yeah, thanks, I thought so. Stay tuned, I am leaving for Kiev on 24th anyway....

Shiran, I want in particular to thank you anf of course all other members in the same boat as I. You were right on the button, NVC received my case on August 28, and as you predictied it left NVC today. I am leaving for Kiev on 24th and my fiancee is joining me there on 28th. I told her today to schedule the Medicall as soon as she can. On arrival I will fill the DS-160, pay the fees and schedule the appointment. Any further hint/advice you wish to give ? Thanks again.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

Shiran, I want in particular to thank you anf of course all other members in the same boat as I. You were right on the button, NVC received my case on August 28, and as you predictied it left NVC today. I am leaving for Kiev on 24th and my fiancee is joining me there on 28th. I told her today to schedule the Medicall as soon as she can. On arrival I will fill the DS-160, pay the fees and schedule the appointment. Any further hint/advice you wish to give ? Thanks again.

Glad that shipped out ok. I would suggest not waiting until 24th to pay actually. Did she create the profile on UStraveldocs site? You would want to open up your calendar as soon as possible. While generally interviews are easy to get in Kyiv, a few struggled a bit recently with at least one member who ended having cancelling tickets and then then rebooking different flight. She should be able to schedule medically literally today. My personal experience only with medicom, and I didn't hear a single complaint about that office from anyone either.

Payment to the bank takes at least a day to clear, and util it clears you won't have access to the calendar. Both medicom and MRV payments are done in UAH, so keep that in mind if you only have USD. Do not forget to bring 5x5 cm pictures to the medical, as well insiset on making sure your DS-3025 is marked as complete. (E.g. K-1 completed volountarily completed all vaccinations) She should bring her "anketa" and vaccination records with her, they know how to transcribe them. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Shiran said:

Glad that shipped out ok. I would suggest not waiting until 24th to pay actually. Did she create the profile on UStraveldocs site? You would want to open up your calendar as soon as possible. While generally interviews are easy to get in Kyiv, a few struggled a bit recently with at least one member who ended having cancelling tickets and then then rebooking different flight. She should be able to schedule medically literally today. My personal experience only with medicom, and I didn't hear a single complaint about that office from anyone either.

Payment to the bank takes at least a day to clear, and util it clears you won't have access to the calendar. Both medicom and MRV payments are done in UAH, so keep that in mind if you only have USD. Do not forget to bring 5x5 cm pictures to the medical, as well insiset on making sure your DS-3025 is marked as complete. (E.g. K-1 completed volountarily completed all vaccinations) She should bring her "anketa" and vaccination records with her, they know how to transcribe them. 

Thanks. I don't see DS-3025 anywhere in requirements for documents to be taken to the interview, but will do as you say. I understood that on completion of medical exam the Doctor will give her a sealed envelope to take to interview. She has travelled to USA 2 times before as recently she was here from February to end of May, so her vaccinations must be ok, and she will be taking her vaccination records to the doctor. I will try to get her to pay, she has the money in UAH, not a problem, but you know how women can be, her son is coming to visit and she wants to concentrate on him for a few days, and do everything after she comes and meets me in Kiev. I am in Kiev for quite long so we should be ok.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

Thanks. I don't see DS-3025 anywhere in requirements for documents to be taken to the interview, but will do as you say.

You do not take DS-3025 to interview, but you will not be in for a good time after you get married and start dealing with AoS application. It might thing like a long time from now, but it won't be. The issue tends to be not vaccinations themselves, but having accurate records of them that USCIS will accept.  DS-3025 will be in the sealed envelope, but she is suppose to get unsealed copy of it for her own records. If she had recent visits, make sure DS-160 matches her K-1 visa application (the AA number from it) not her previous visa (B1/B2 probably?) Sometimes system messes up. Paying should not take up too much time, just print out slip from https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/UADepositSlip2.html?fee=62&quantity=1 and take that and money to nearest Aval Raiffeisen  bank branch. Take a picture of the receipt they give you so you don't lose it. You will need to input a number from that receipt into ustraveldocs site, then wait a day or so for it to percolate. Once it does, it should  open calendar for actual scheduling the appointment. Be mindful not to check TOO many dates, or you get 72 hours lockout.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Shiran said:

You do not take DS-3025 to interview, but you will not be in for a good time after you get married and start dealing with AoS application. It might thing like a long time from now, but it won't be. The issue tends to be not vaccinations themselves, but having accurate records of them that USCIS will accept.  DS-3025 will be in the sealed envelope, but she is suppose to get unsealed copy of it for her own records. If she had recent visits, make sure DS-160 matches her K-1 visa application (the AA number from it) not her previous visa (B1/B2 probably?) Sometimes system messes up. Paying should not take up too much time, just print out slip from https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/UADepositSlip2.html?fee=62&quantity=1 and take that and money to nearest Aval Raiffeisen  bank branch. Take a picture of the receipt they give you so you don't lose it. You will need to input a number from that receipt into ustraveldocs site, then wait a day or so for it to percolate. Once it does, it should  open calendar for actual scheduling the appointment. Be mindful not to check TOO many dates, or you get 72 hours lockout.

So, I have hit a  snag. Just talked to my fiancee to set up appointement for Medical test. Everyone keeps saying we can set up month before, but not true. She called Medicom and I just called Meidcom and also and they confirmed, that medical cannot be done without the DS-160 confirmation page,and I think the DS-160 confirmation page cannot be gotten without payment first. Is this correct or can I complete the DS-160 first and make the payment of interview later ? THanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.