Shipmaster

UKraine-setting up interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shipmaster said:

DS-160 confirmation page cannot be gotten without payment first

There is no payment for DS-160. You just have to complete the form, that is kinda pain to complete. I do not remember them requiring DS-160 confirmation page, but they DO require your KEV number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

So, I have hit a  snag. Just talked to my fiancee to set up appointement for Medical test. Everyone keeps saying we can set up month before, but not true. She called Medicom and I just called Meidcom and also and they confirmed, that medical cannot be done without the DS-160 confirmation page,and I think the DS-160 confirmation page cannot be gotten without payment first. Is this correct or can I complete the DS-160 first and make the payment of interview later ? THanks.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:23 AM, Shipmaster said:

Thanks. I don't see DS-3025 anywhere in requirements for documents to be taken to the interview, but will do as you say. I understood that on completion of medical exam the Doctor will give her a sealed envelope to take to interview. She has travelled to USA 2 times before as recently she was here from February to end of May, so her vaccinations must be ok, and she will be taking her vaccination records to the doctor. I will try to get her to pay, she has the money in UAH, not a problem, but you know how women can be, her son is coming to visit and she wants to concentrate on him for a few days, and do everything after she comes and meets me in Kiev. I am in Kiev for quite long so we should be ok.

I started on the DS-160 today. It says somewhere that my fiancee has to sign this electronically. Do you know how that is done ? Maybe they send her an email to confirm it is her or something ? I am asking if I can just sign, how can they know it was not my fiancee who signed ? I am the one who has set up the Security question for filling the DS-160.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Shiran said:

There is no payment for DS-160. You just have to complete the form, that is kinda pain to complete. I do not remember them requiring DS-160 confirmation page, but they DO require your KEV number.

The confirmation page is definitely required by Medicom, they told me myself when I called.  

started on the DS-160 today. It says somewhere that my fiancee has to sign this electronically. Do you know how that is done ? Maybe they send her an email to confirm it is her or something ? I am asking if I can just sign, how can they know it was not my fiancee who signed ? I am the one who has set up the Security question for filling the DS-160.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Shipmaster said:

started on the DS-160 today. It says somewhere that my fiancee has to sign this electronically.

Signs it by clicking button. She is suppose to be the one doing it. Once you submit it, you cannot go back to it. So make sure you have all the answers, as you will need them soon for AoS. (previous jobs, etc) 
Technically you not suppose to do it for her. People set up things like teamviewer, or some other screen sharing sessions, so you can do it together usually. After you submit it, she will need to print out confirmation page. Do not lose track of the AA number for DS-160, especially since as you said she had other visits to US. Sometimes system bugs and would only show pages from old DS-160.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Shiran said:

Signs it by clicking button. She is suppose to be the one doing it. Once you submit it, you cannot go back to it. So make sure you have all the answers, as you will need them soon for AoS. (previous jobs, etc) 
Technically you not suppose to do it for her. People set up things like teamviewer, or some other screen sharing sessions, so you can do it together usually. After you submit it, she will need to print out confirmation page. Do not lose track of the AA number for DS-160, especially since as you said she had other visits to US. Sometimes system bugs and would only show pages from old DS-160.

'Sigh..'  i guess i'll wait to sign once she joins me in Kiev on 28th, I reach on 25th. As it is, she is being a little paranoid about sending me some of her information on the net, as she is afraid hackers wil steal her sensitive info.. :))). I have most of it from when I filled the I-129F but still the DS-160 is more exhautive. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/19/2019 at 6:58 PM, Shiran said:

I am in Kiev and have scheduled appointment for Friday Oct 4 at the Embassy at 8 a.m, ungodly hour. In their email they say nothing will be allowed inside the emabssy, no wallets, no bags, no cell phones etc. So what do we do that early in the morning ? Somewhere I saw that opposite to embassy ther is some place that stores things, will it be open at 7.30 in morning ? Thanks

Timeline
3 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

nothing will be allowed inside the emabssy, no wallets, no bags, no cell phones

Unless things changed, they didn't mind the wallets, but yes bags, cellphones, electronic devices of any kind are not allowed. Belts are subject to removal too, but usually they give those back.

You are allowed document folders. There are some shady look lorries with improvised storage locker outside, across the street, they will store things for you for about 100 UAH I think. 

Make sure you get there early enough. You will be waiting outside to be let in so dress accordingly. 

On 9/20/2019 at 6:00 AM, Shipmaster said:

'Sigh..'  i guess i'll wait to sign once she joins me in Kiev on 28th, I reach on 25th. As it is, she is being a little paranoid about sending me some of her information on the net, as she is afraid hackers wil steal her sensitive info.. :))). I have most of it from when I filled the I-129F but still the DS-160 is more exhautive. Thanks.

what we did was i logged on to her computer remotely and filled it out and right then and there she was able to sign it, if i can find it one of my long ago posts has the link to the program we used

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.