Purity Muchiri

K1 interview & payment

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello, 

Our K1 fiance petition got approved and we also have a DS-160 application number and confirmation. 

We've tried to follow the necessary steps but we got stuck at trying to schedule an appointment online for an interview. We have tried online several times to schedule, however it has always given us the no available appointments.

I was wondering when is the payment usually made ? Is it before or after the scheduling of the appointment? How do you send the payment  via mpesa or postbank?  We have not made any payments, could this be the reason why we are not getting any appointments dates ?

We would like to send the $265 payment via M-Pesa however we do not know the number to which to send the payment, or do we need to go to the Postbank to get the payment information? 

How can we make sure that payment is attached to our application and schedule an appointment?

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Edited by Purity Muchiri
Typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Purity Muchiri said:

I was wondering when is the payment usually made ? Is it before or after the scheduling of the appointment?

You have to pay first, before you can schedule an appointment. Note that sometimes there are no free spaces for interview appointments, though, and you can only check 8x or so per day, before the system notifies you that you refreshed the page too often. Then, you have to wait until the next day to get more chances to look at the open dates. They only do it 2-3 months in advance, so the dates tend to be gone quickly, at least for our consulate in Frankfurt, Germany. But eventually, you will get an appointment.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the other questions. Maybe someone else can help. I payed the visa fee via online banking. Don't forget to save the CGI number you'll get.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 9/4/2019 at 5:00 PM, Kürbis&Tannenbaum said:

You have to pay first, before you can schedule an appointment. Note that sometimes there are no free spaces for interview appointments, though, and you can only check 8x or so per day, before the system notifies you that you refreshed the page too often. Then, you have to wait until the next day to get more chances to look at the open dates. They only do it 2-3 months in advance, so the dates tend to be gone quickly, at least for our consulate in Frankfurt, Germany. But eventually, you will get an appointment.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the other questions. Maybe someone else can help. I payed the visa fee via online banking. Don't forget to save the CGI number you'll get.

I have a Quick question.  Have you figured out how to enter your DS 160 barcode number prior to scheduling yet?

On 10/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, LanceandPeris said:

I’m in the same situation. We are stuck on the payment page but there’s no information on how to pay the fee. Would appreciate new information if you have it. Thank you

Before you schedule, have you entered your DS160 number in the update profile tab?

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

*** One hijacking post removed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, flfreddy said:

I have a Quick question.  Have you figured out how to enter your DS 160 barcode number prior to scheduling yet?

Before you schedule, have you entered your DS160 number in the update profile tab?

I don't quite remember, sorry. I remember that I typed in some data about myself like date of birth etc. before I went to the payment page. A few days after they received the payment, I was able to schedule an appointment. 

Timeline
On 10/9/2019 at 6:28 PM, LanceandPeris said:

I’m in the same situation. We are stuck on the payment page but there’s no information on how to pay the fee. Would appreciate new information if you have it. Thank you

So quick update, I managed to call the US Embassy here in Nairobi. Unfortunately all appointment dates for October and November have all been taken. They advised us to check the first week of November for appointment dates in December and possibly January next year. I still keep checking their website just in case there's any openings.

Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 3:00 AM, Kürbis&Tannenbaum said:

Thank you so much. Turns out they open dates 2 months in advance here too. We had to ask for an extension on submitting our K1 application, because we haven't gotten an appointment date yet. Upon talking to the embassy they told us to check early next month for appointment dates for December and January. Hopefully we'll get a date then

1 minute ago, Purity Muchiri said:

So quick update, I managed to call the US Embassy here in Nairobi. Unfortunately all appointment dates for October and November have all been taken. They advised us to check the first week of November for appointment dates in December and possibly January next year. I still keep checking their website just in case there's any openings.

Thank you. Yeah I have being emailing them like crazy and they finally responded last night. The email told me exactly the same thing. Im just surprised we have to wait to pay the visa fee. 

11 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Yeah we entered it at the add applicant page. They asked for that and the case number

Timeline
Just now, LanceandPeris said:

Thank you. Yeah I have being emailing them like crazy and they finally responded last night. The email told me exactly the same thing. Im just surprised we have to wait to pay the visa fee. 

I was surprised as well. Hopefully they'll open more dates in November. Good luck 😊

6 minutes ago, Purity Muchiri said:

Thank you so much. Turns out they open dates 2 months in advance here too. We had to ask for an extension on submitting our K1 application, because we haven't gotten an appointment date yet. Upon talking to the embassy they told us to check early next month for appointment dates for December and January. Hopefully we'll get a date then

How do u request an extension and how long is the original K1 application is good for. I don’t know why they just can’t schedule our interview themselves. Would take a lot of stress away

Timeline
50 minutes ago, LanceandPeris said:

How do u request an extension and how long is the original K1 application is good for. I don’t know why they just can’t schedule our interview themselves. Would take a lot of stress away

I totally feel your pain. It's annoying to have to constantly check everyday for an appointment date.

For the extension, our immigration lawyer did it for us. . But I believe it's just contacting the embassy directly. As for the K1 application, we got approved in July and our application was valid until September.

Timeline

We're in the same position. We've been trying to pay and get a appointment for weeks now. And I know someone who's been waiting like 6 weeks. Apparently this specific embassy takes 2 to 4 months to schedule a interview date. Guess our luck ran out. I just keep praying and checking but nothing.

Timeline
On 10/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, T&S91 said:

We're in the same position. We've been trying to pay and get a appointment for weeks now. And I know someone who's been waiting like 6 weeks. Apparently this specific embassy takes 2 to 4 months to schedule a interview date. Guess our luck ran out. I just keep praying and checking but nothing.

Hello, when is your deadline? You could try asking for an extension so your application doesn't expire and have to start over . Hopefully they open more dates soon.

Still no luck from our end too :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.