Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

That makes two of us.  About to cry at work, not fun.

I cried as well. It’s just such a long time waiting after everyone else has gotten their RFEs. Really wasn’t the greatest start to the year, BUT I hope it will be a quick fix for us and we will be back on track! Hang in there ☺️

18 minutes ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

I cried as well. It’s just such a long time waiting after everyone else has gotten their RFEs. Really wasn’t the greatest start to the year, BUT I hope it will be a quick fix for us and we will be back on track! Hang in there ☺️

I'm sure it'll be  a quick fix. Do you have any idea what it could be?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 hours ago, PaShah said:

I  also had my fingerprints on Oct 16, and have not received any updates yet. I also got the "Case was updated to Shoe Fingerprints Were Taken". I think that was just another way of them saying that your fingerprints were applied to the case. I am thinking about calling them tomorrow just to see if my case has been transferred to an officer yet. 

We (my spouse I mean) are in the same situation.  I think the majority of September filers are in the same situation, though there have been a few - generally who filed in the earlier part of September - who got their EAD/AP approval already.

Our filing date is Sept 19.  Personally I am hoping we get it by mid-February.  Let's see...

Edited by nyj215

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm sure it'll be  a quick fix. Do you have any idea what it could be?

I can't tell for sure.  I know 2016 income was lower than the required amount but only by about $700-$900.  Now, I don't think this should be relevant, since it is from back in 2016 and I have been making above the requirement since 2017, even got a raise for 2019 AND 2020.  So, I am hoping and praying they are not requiring a co-sponsor due to that.  On the other hand, they may have just misplaced something, which I am hoping that is the case so that it is an easy fix.  I know I included everything because I am very thorough and I even copied a packet for myself, so I guess it is just a waiting game now.  Just sad and discouraged.

1 hour ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Thanks!  Do you have any idea what yours might be?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

@Fe.Ta well don't despair to much, its prolly what you said USCIS has been losing a lot of documents lately so I am sure they have lost something in your packet.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview was scheduled a week ago, and we still haven't gotten an update about his EAD. Should we be worried? We need the EAD card to get most of our proof of relationship because my city requires the actual card before it will let him do almost anything. 

12 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

Our interview was scheduled a week ago, and we still haven't gotten an update about his EAD. Should we be worried? We need the EAD card to get most of our proof of relationship because my city requires the actual card before it will let him do almost anything. 

don't think it is a cause of worry.  I think they are sort of separate processes in some way.  I think many people who have interviews scheduled are waiting for EAD.  based on the timelines, I think EAD/AP for September filers is most likely to come late Jan or during February.

I would just focus on the great news of having your interview scheduled, wish we were in that position! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
38 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

I would focus on getting as many things as possible without EAD as there is no certainty that you get EAD before your interview. I might get my EAD barely before mine. I had no problem getting on my husbands stuff without it - joint bank account, phone and electricity bill, car insurance, health insurance,...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, nyj215 said:

We (my spouse I mean) are in the same situation.  I think the majority of September filers are in the same situation, though there have been a few - generally who filed in the earlier part of September - who got their EAD/AP approval already.

Our filing date is Sept 19.  Personally I am hoping we get it by mid-February.  Let's see...

Wow, same filing date! Hoping its sooner than later! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eva_AJ said:

I would focus on getting as many things as possible without EAD as there is no certainty that you get EAD before your interview. I might get my EAD barely before mine. I had no problem getting on my husbands stuff without it - joint bank account, phone and electricity bill, car insurance, health insurance,...

Bank account requires EAD. We live with my mom so we're not on any bills. Credit card requires EAD. He's on my car insurance but with an expired TN license because an EAD is required for that too. I don't have health insurance. We're getting life insurance. I'm worried it won't be enough proof. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, nyj215 said:

don't think it is a cause of worry.  I think they are sort of separate processes in some way.  I think many people who have interviews scheduled are waiting for EAD.  based on the timelines, I think EAD/AP for September filers is most likely to come late Jan or during February.

I would just focus on the great news of having your interview scheduled, wish we were in that position! 

Yeah I'm excited for the interview but we need the EAD for almost everything in my small town so I'm worried they'll deny us from lack of proof. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
Just now, waysoftheshadow said:

Bank account requires EAD. We live with my mom so we're not on any bills. Credit card requires EAD. He's on my car insurance but with an expired TN license because an EAD is required for that too. I don't have health insurance. We're getting life insurance. I'm worried it won't be enough proof. 

Wells Fargo will give you bank account even without SSN, does he have SSN or not? I don't have US drivers license either but at least the paper shows both of our names. 

2 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

Could your mom add both of you on her bills? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

You should definitely be fine. A lot of people who get early interviews don't usually get their EAD. So I suggest getting whatever you have with both your names on it. 

You should be able to put him as an authorized user on your credit card, have pictures of your wedding and with each others families. You can even get your mom to write a letter about the authenticity of your marriage. Collect mail with his name and your address. 

My interview is in 3 weeks and is only 4 months after we applied. I just plan on explaining if they ask. There have been many others in the same situation of not having a lot because of the states restrictions with needing an EAD for most things, just go with all that you have and you should be fine. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
4 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thanks!  Do you have any idea what yours might be?

Not a clue, I’m thinking they may have lost something because I went through my package thoroughly making sure everything was there. 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

My interview scheduled feb 10.

letter says bring all document establishing your eligibility for lawful permanent resident status. Does this mean marriage certificate? Its confusing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.