BST

I-130 September 2019 fillers

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys! Just wanted to post an update on our case!

PD Sept 27, TSC

NOA1 Oct 2

NOA2 April 6

NVC received, case created & fees paid April 8

DS 260 completed and Financial Documents submitted April 12-14

Civil Documents submitted May 7

DQ MAY 9!!!

Screenshot_20200509-125207__01.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, Anmol Yash said:

Hi guys! Just wanted to post an update on our case!

PD Sept 27, TSC

NOA1 Oct 2

NOA2 April 6

NVC received, case created & fees paid April 8

DS 260 completed and Financial Documents submitted April 12-14

Civil Documents submitted May 7

DQ MAY 9!!!

Screenshot_20200509-125207__01.jpg

DQ was so fast does it mean that NVC are more faster now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Justxxxx said:

DQ was so fast does it mean that NVC are more faster now

We're really surprised to see the DQ but this seems to be an outlier. As per my understanding, your case is in line for review when everything is submitted. Not sure which date did they go by but I'm really happy they were so quick to approve!!

4 hours ago, Adaline&Fouad said:

Hi September filers. My petition was approved!

NOA1 September 13, 2019 

NOA2 May 7, 2020 

I waited a total of 7 months and 24 days. Hang in there! 

Congrats!! What service center??

Apologies if this has already been asked before, but I just received an RFE because we sent in the marriage certificate notarized by the lawyer instead of the government one (didn't even know there were two kinds 😕 )

Anyway, it says in the letter that we need to send it by mail, but there's also an option to respond to the request in my USCIS account. It also says on the account that I can only do that once. Which should I do? Both? Only by mail?

Finally, how long has it taken for you all to receive approval after you sent in the RFE documentation?

THANKS A BUNCH, you guys have been incredibly helpful so far.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, L. Diaz said:

Apologies if this has already been asked before, but I just received an RFE because we sent in the marriage certificate notarized by the lawyer instead of the government one (didn't even know there were two kinds 😕 )

Anyway, it says in the letter that we need to send it by mail, but there's also an option to respond to the request in my USCIS account. It also says on the account that I can only do that once. Which should I do? Both? Only by mail?

Finally, how long has it taken for you all to receive approval after you sent in the RFE documentation?

THANKS A BUNCH, you guys have been incredibly helpful so far.

I got an RFE for my marriage certificate as well. I'm still not sure what was wrong with my original one as they sent it back to me about 6 months ago. However I just resubmitted an copy of my marriage certificate with a translation by mail (as they said in the RFE that I should send it back by mail with the original letter on top of all contents) I didn't want to take a chance with the online submission so  I sent it by priority mail. 

My case was approved about a week after I sent my RFE in. It was surprisingly fast. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, jenniferzlepko23 said:

Finally this day has come!

noa1 sep4 2019

noa2 May12 2020

Texas and approval came from Vermont 

P.S we had to put through a request for the case being outside of normal processing time may 8th

Congratulations! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, jenniferzlepko23 said:

Finally this day has come!

noa1 sep4 2019

noa2 May12 2020

Texas and approval came from Vermont 

P.S we had to put through a request for the case being outside of normal processing time may 8th

How did you do that did you call them?

5 hours ago, jenniferzlepko23 said:

I also put in a request by sending a mail via the MyUSCIS inbox asking them to take a look.   I can now see the referral ID on the egov site like - "As of May 11, 2020, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number WKD###########TSC, is currently not assigned for processing."

Response I received from the MyUSCIS inbox:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry dated May 08, 2020.

Regarding the status of your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

We understand your concern over the delay in processing your Form I-130.

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the TEXAS SERVICE CENTER. The referral ID for this inquiry is WKD##########TSC. The TEXAS SERVICE CENTER will contact you concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry.

Edited by cbro

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.