Grobanfan

Sick from worry - help!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you have yet to meet?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You will have some unique challenges trying to bring someone over from Egypt.  Not trying to scare you, but you will want to read up on it in order to be prepared for possibly very long delays for the admin processing.

Timeline

Always good to have a Plan B.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Here on VJ.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He can still apply for DV lottery when it opens again/  this does not affect a CR1

but don't marry on 1st visit

you know the process 

you need to spend a lot of face time to prove to immigration a real relationship and you will go thru more now to prove this because of the other K1 as all these countries are high fraud

Read the Egypt portal to gain more information directly from those going thru this embassy

and follow the embassy reviews there

Winning the dv lottery is like trying to win normal lottery here but i would still try as someone has to win

For the 50,000 available visas each year, between 13 million to 20 million eligible people from various countries in the world apply.

stats for Egypt:

july DV1 143 DV2 93 and DV3 163

June DV1 162 DV2 92 and DV 3 163 (again)

you can see approvals for all visa categories for CR1 and IR1 on the following  site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html 

Look by post and visa class

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Here on VJ.

This.

The thing about this site is that you won't find it on the first shot, it's spread out everywhere sometimes and reading across forum posts in time will help ease the anxiety.

Also going to point out that this forum does help a lot when it comes to many things that you can do without a lawyer. Adding an lawyer will add additional time and cost, sometimes they don't send in the right one if you picked the wrong one!

Plus, these guys knows so much about the whole immigration cases inside and out due to many supporting visitors coming through this site that makes it possible. Much better than the 3rd parties too like RapidVisa, etc.

So please consider spending some time just to search through. You only get sick when you don't know, but your sickness will cure once you know a lot from this site. ;)

I don't know anyone who had married more than 3 foreigners yet but that can't be that bad. I only know 1 person that got married 7 times but that's just in the US!

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I wrote a reply to this but it didn't post! I only married the first guy. The second guy chickened out and broke my heart.

I have a new unique issue with this. Tried searching this site but not having much luck. I'm visiting him early next year for my first visit. Needless to say we would like to be intimate, however by law he needs to be married in order to stay in the same room as someone of the opposite sex. The only solution I see is marriage, which I'm ready to do, but this will look bad to immigration!! Can we marry there, I visit a couple more times to collect proof of our true love, then start the immigration process?? Do you all know where I can read about this? 

Why must honest lovers suffer because of dishonest scam artists 😭

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Grobanfan said:

Can we marry there, I visit a couple more times to collect proof of our true love, then start the immigration process??

Marrying on the first visit is not a good idea......for anyone, imo.  You can not prove true love.......but you can collect evidence of a bona fide marriage, then start the CR-1 process......good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

You have yet to meet.

No, this is why I came to this site, to get things out of the way ahead of time. 

You asked this before and frankly - please take no offense - I sense a very judgmental tone. What's with this question?

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You have yet to meet.

No, this is why I came to this site, to get things out of the way ahead of time. 

You asked this before and frankly - please take no offense - I sense a very judgmental tone. What's with this question?

* Moved from Diversity Visa to IR-1/CR-1 Visa P&P. OP is evaluating circumstances of getting married and petitioning for a spouse. *

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.