ohcoffeeeyes

When I become a LPR, will I have the same benefits as a normal MIL spouse.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Not true....who told her that?

EDIT:  Once you receive your military dependent ID card, you will have benefits.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

Not true....who told her that?

EDIT:  Once you receive your military dependent ID card, you will have benefits.

Guy at MEPs and her recruiter, just before she got married that is.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Guy at MEPs and her recruiter, just before she got married that is.

Once you get your ID card, you can be enrolled in DEERS.........that isn't the first time a recruiter has spoken inaccurate words....believe me....although my recruiter was pretty good.....48 years ago....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

My wife was told she'd get BAH for me but I wouldnt get tricare and other benefits. Is this true?

Completely untrue...I got in to the DEERS system , got an ID, have benefits etc. Unfortunately, as with every branch of government. not everyone is well educated on the types of visas and it's intent-I just needed to provide my marriage certificate and a couple of calls later( to the right people), I was in the system and good to go.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AAAA27 said:

Completely untrue...I got in to the DEERS system , got an ID, have benefits etc. Unfortunately, as with every branch of government. not everyone is well educated on the types of visas and it's intent-I just needed to provide my marriage certificate and a couple of calls later( to the right people), I was in the system and good to go.

Hmm . Yesterday have been at DEERS office here in MT , got my ID but the guy has told me that I have no right to any health insurance or anything. 

So today we plan to call VA benefits department and ask . 

We are both totally confused. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AAAA27 said:

Same for my wife.......

2 hours ago, RedroseMT said:

Hmm . Yesterday have been at DEERS office here in MT , got my ID but the guy has told me that I have no right to any health insurance or anything. 

So today we plan to call VA benefits department and ask . 

We are both totally confused. 

Why would you not have any right to healthcare? Did they tell you why?

On the back of the card, what does it say on the medical section?

Edited by Londonergirl

3 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

My wife was told she'd get BAH for me but I wouldnt get tricare and other benefits. Is this true?

That isn't true. I came here on a K1 visa and I had tricare on the day I got my ID at deers.

Completely untrue. I got enrolled in DEERS and had benefits before I even moved back to the United States. 

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

Why would you not have any right to healthcare? Did they tell you why?

On the back of the card, what does it say on the medical section?

Believe me I have no idea, they didn’t tell .  .Have to ask more . 

Also ( since I am so confused about all ) is having a health care through your spouse considered a public charge? 

This new law has totally confused me and I am sorry if it is off topic 

Edited by RedroseMT

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

Also ( since I am so confused about all ) is having a health care through your spouse considered a public charge? 

Did the VA tell you are qualified for Tricare or VA health care?  

Military benefits are not considered as public charge .

Yeah I thought he was lying to her. Thanks guys, though it seems theres a bit of struggle anyway yikes! 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 hours ago, RedroseMT said:

No

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.