emil9710

Bringing my brother

51 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

people like using shortcut. By any means using shortcut is not following the proper procedure or try to abusing the system itself.

The only ways for your brother to live in the US permanently is just wait for the petition, enter DV lottery and hope for some luck, marry a USC or LPR or find a company that want to sponsor EB visa for him.

Other ways is just for temporary basis.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by vince88

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
4 hours ago, emil9710 said:

I accept all comments as long as they are proper and respectful, not accusing me of things not even thinking of doing.

An accusation is a statement, not a question.  You seem nervous and defensive.

Edited by Nitas_man

4 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

The beaches are Utopian

And the airport club is nice

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/tunisia/tunis-carthage

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
5 hours ago, emil9710 said:

I thank you for stopping by

You’re welcome.  

3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

You actually made the suggestion.  We responded.

Wasn’t MY idea 😂.  I said Tunisia’s a nice place!  An absolute utopia.

Edited by Nitas_man

Gee guys, you can be a little harsh sometimes. My impression was that @emil9710was just genuinely trying to find out if there was a quicker way; short answer, no. I know we can all be a little cynical and jaded when so many people try jump the line, but as we know the only ones who merrily do that without fear are IRs.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
15 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Gee guys, you can be a little harsh sometimes. My impression was that @emil9710was just genuinely trying to find out if there was a quicker way; 

There is a bit of a difference between a poster who comes in here for help following the rules and a poster who comes in for advice on breaking them.  

This is a case of an OP coming in, stating the rules and wait times correctly, then immediately looking for a shortcut around them.  What else are we supposed to do?

Most everyone who suddenly discovers it takes a lot longer than they thought, looks for shortcuts. Some continue to look for them when advised not to, this dude didn't.  Save your scorn for those spouses and parents who knowingly abuse the forgiveness provision for IRs.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
15 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Gee guys, you can be a little harsh sometimes. My impression was that @emil9710was just genuinely trying to find out if there was a quicker way; short answer, no. I know we can all be a little cynical and jaded when so many people try jump the line, but as we know the only ones who merrily do that without fear are IRs.

Thank you! I swear It was an honest question and didn’t know it’s an illegal move.

Genuinely do not know the answer to this, so curious: could one not potentially sponsor their father/mother on an IR basis, and then once that process is over have the father/mother petition for their other son? Obviously this only works if the parents are alive and wish to reside in the USA. 

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, oceanborn said:

Genuinely do not know the answer to this, so curious: could one not potentially sponsor their father/mother on an IR basis, and then once that process is over have the father/mother petition for their other son? Obviously this only works if the parents are alive and wish to reside in the USA. 

Possible, begs the question of they could financially afford to retire in the US? Only a tiny percentage of the UK population could.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

Possible, begs the question of they could financially afford to retire in the US? Only a tiny percentage of the UK population could.

That is also sadly highly accurate. My father has a degenerative neurological condition, the healthcare alone rules out any possibility of him residing here -- the NHS is one good thing the UK does.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, oceanborn said:

Yes, but still a long process - about a year to get the parent then another 6-7 to get the over 21 child over. If the parents stay LPRs and don’t naturalize, the child must stay unmarried. If they naturalize the child can marry but then moves categories, to one that is almost as long as the sibling visa.

11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes, but still a long process - about a year to get the parent then another 6-7 to get the over 21 child over. If the parents stay LPRs and don’t naturalize, the child must stay unmarried. If they naturalize the child can marry but then moves categories, to one that is almost as long as the sibling visa.

So the key would be to do it while they were under 21 I assume -- which is part of the IR process, right?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
36 minutes ago, oceanborn said:

So the key would be to do it while they were under 21 I assume -- which is part of the IR process, right?

Once they are US citizens it would be, but then they would be leaving under 21 children for a very long time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.