2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, 西苑二楼 said:

I am just wondering if the BC is not accessible, how are we going to build up a case?

Use other documents  like your marriage certificate, wedding pictures, proof of cohabiting etc. Build your case around all those. 

2 hours ago, blujewel said:

I am very jelly!

You will be fine. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I was able to explain to USCIS his story of abuse and why he did not have documents showing a bonafide marriage, the way he wrote his story did not convince USCIS at all.

I got affidavits with just  3/5 pages and I  asked  the person  after reading  the affidavit  over 100 questions, and then I wrote the affidavit again,and instead 3/5 pages the affidavit had 15/20 pages, after I added  what the person told me.

Wow 😮. Am impressed. The end justifies the means . At least your good work paid off . 👍

5 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

UPDATE ;

So, after the first court told me this afternoon that it was impossible to get my ex. Spouse birth records if we were divorced, I was not discouraged. Rather, I drove all the way to another City in the State and to a much bigger Civil Court and this time didn’t say anything about divorce and I was not asked either . I payed 23 dollars with my debit card and walked out with my ex’s birth records . 

Lesson learnt; Nothing is impossible in life especially for us Vawa applicants . 

thats awesome. when my wife filed for my green card, i got a copy of her passport and glad i had it which i attached in my i360 package

4 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I am curious about my online Account, ally applications looked approved under A601Waiver which I applied with my ex-abuser and it was approved on 1/31/2017.

So after all these time I got approval under waiver? I applied for Vawa on 5/25/2017.

I got confused, does anybody knows?...

go outside the usa and travel 🙂 why you are so worried??

7 hours ago, sandranj said:

The person can submit any document anytime, but when the person receives an RFE you have just 60/87 days to answer the RFE and to submit what you need. USCIS usually gives 87 days to answer the affidavit, and I  saw a few cases they gave 60 days. It will not hurt your VAWA if you submit now, but do not count that they have the obligation to take into consideration what you are submitting now regarding  your RFE.

thank you @sandranj you are an angel 🙂 

7 hours ago, sandranj said:

USCIS  treat all cases equally.I have hundreds of VAWA cases approved and  the petitioners are men.

sigh of relief 🙂

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

I was able to explain to USCIS his story of abuse and why he did not have documents showing a bonafide marriage, the way he wrote his story did not convince USCIS at all.

I got affidavits with just  3/5 pages and I  asked  the person  after reading  the affidavit  over 100 questions, and then I wrote the affidavit again,and instead 3/5 pages the affidavit had 15/20 pages, after I added  what the person told me.

You are simply the best @sandranj

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
27 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hi ladies & gents, 

I wanted to update you that I got a response from my Congress person that my case has now been transferred to the NYC local field office. It falls within current processing times which ranges from 21 to 36 months. Currently there are no interview dates available. I wanted to add that as @Stillwinning!!!😊 said, you might not necessarily receive a case status from them in the form of a courtesy letter or a notification that your case has now been transferred to the local field office. Even I when checked my case status online, I don’t see any case update. Just a heads up, folks! 

This is meant to help you keep your expectations in check. The interview wait times might be a bit longer than expected. Let’s hope for the earliest possible response, though! 🤞

I am waiting almost one year already for interview NYC 

39 minutes ago, MAYgirl said:

I am waiting almost one year already for interview NYC 

Keep your head up, dear. Hope for the best but think ahead and update your expectations in anticipation of long wait times in NYC. I feel your stress but remember to keep on renewing your EAD card way before the expiry date. 

Edited by namastenyc

3 hours ago, namastenyc said:

Hi ladies & gents, 

I wanted to update you that I got a response from my Congress person that my case has now been transferred to the NYC local field office. It falls within current processing times which ranges from 21 to 36 months. Currently there are no interview dates available. I wanted to add that as @Stillwinning!!!😊 said, you might not necessarily receive a case status from them in the form of a courtesy letter or a notification that your case has now been transferred to the local field office. Even I when checked my case status online, I don’t see any case update. Just a heads up, folks! 

This is meant to help you keep your expectations in check. The interview wait times might be a bit longer than expected. Let’s hope for the earliest possible response, though! 🤞

That’s good to know. I contacted my congressperson last week as well to inquire about my case, let’s see what and when they will hear back from USCIS. Been waiting almost a year for interview as well in NYC. I’ll keep you guys posted!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

I don’t have other forms of proof. I can tender the I-130 receipt my spouse filed for me and attach it with a letter explaining how far I have gone in getting the birth certificate. I can state my ex spouse parents name and my spouse social security number and driver license number . Then USCIS can search their records . I can’t do FOIA that takes over 9 months 

The one very important probe about the citizen ship is the voter registration please open the state registration web site and get the data which is very easily accessible and thus will be the proof of citizen ship as well

59 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congrats again and again my darling!!! 👏👏😘🙌 Go live it up!☝with your beautiful heart!❤💚💜💛💙

Thanks hon...am waiting on you to travel..want you to take me to your home place 

10 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Thanks hon...am waiting on you to travel..want you to take me to your home place 

😂😂😂😂 My darling!!!💚💜 Word on the streets..is NYC is taking long..so you could go right ahead..I'll meet up with you sweety!!❤❤❤ we can do Vegas together though..😘😘

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.