2,946 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I was late to the party because I slept off!😙😴 But LORD!!! what a way to wake up!!!😁 To great news!!!💃💃💃🌟💫🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🌻🌸🌹👍😍💃💃💃💃💃💃💃🙌🙌🙌🙌🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you deserve it and I'm especially happy for you! You cheer and celebrate with everyone here, answer as much as you can etc!!! Now God has come through for you darling! So excited for you! You can travel now to see your mum! Godbless you richly!!!❤❤❤💕💕💕💓💓💓🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

@Stillwinning!!!😊 your hype is all we need everyday to take us through...you have a lovely personality....🙏

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/16/2019 at 5:54 PM, HopeN said:

I don’t know how you guys are dealing with your anxiety but I’m completely freaking out. The abuser will never allow me to go back to my country with my little girl if they deny my vawa and imagine this happening is torture. She is completely dependent on me. I don’t have many proofs of residence - only 3 lease agreements but no bills or joint account together.  Everything was under his name. I do have statements of him transferring money to me for paying the bills.  We had a prenup together and it was totally one side stating that he will never give me any alimony and making me giving up of any rights I could have. I attached it as proof of his control over me but now I’m in doubt if I should have attached it. I don’t know how immigration would  understand it. I’m wife number 3. He did the same with with number 1 and number 2. 

The number of documents showing commingling finances will not count to have the  vawa approved, what matters is if you entered into marriage in good faith. I had hundreds of cases approved and the petitioners didn’t have a single proof of commingling finances .If you described well the courtship and submitted affidavits from family and friends then you will be fine .

Timeline
On 8/16/2019 at 6:04 PM, flyup123 said:

Asking as a general situations: If a VAWA case was denied due to a lack of providing  proof of entering in a good faith marriage and the person didn't know she can contest so she just let it go. Afterwords she got married to a  USC and he submitted I485 for her. Anyone had a similar situation, how likely is for the I-485 to be approved? Thanks.

I know several cases that the vawa petitioners remarried after vawa denied and they were approved, but  they will scrutinize you 100%. To get married  after a short courtship and right after  the divorce may backfire you .

I had one case he remarried  30 months  after he was divorced,and he had a long courtship (1.7months).He had 75 guests in his engagement party and 250 guests in his wedding. He got a RFE asking him  to explain why he remarried so soon, the officer wrote this “so soon”. I answered the RFE saying that his courtship was long,specially considering that in his Indian culture they get married after 2/6 months of courtship and there is no timeframe to fall in love and he fell in love  several months after he was separated , then you have an idea how USCIS thinks about divorce and marriage ,and he got his GC based on Vawa.

24 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 your hype is all we need everyday to take us through...you have a lovely personality....🙏

Awwww💕💕💕🌹🌹🌹😘 thanks hun! It's my pleasure..love to see folks happy. On my way to work..stuck in a lil NYC traffick..but happy with this smile on my face😊 it's all coming together..everyone of us here will get our happy ending! God is AWESOME!🙏🌸🌻🇺🇸

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Good Morning everyone...Gathered all my documents for my interview..lawyer said to bring pay stubs w2 and study my affidativ because they been asking little questions about the abuse of late. Just an heads up for everyone ...

Yes, bring all and pictures too with all

birth certificates

divorce decree 

Passport 

DL

EAD Cards

Translations (if are in foreign language)

I  was asked for them on the interview

Best Luck and Stay Positive 🇺🇸💫

39 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Good Morning everyone...Gathered all my documents for my interview..lawyer said to bring pay stubs w2 and study my affidativ because they been asking little questions about the abuse of late. Just an heads up for everyone ...

Thanks Nikki💕😘 for the heads up! Guess it's your turn to go bring us that card!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🙌🙌🙌 go get 'em!👌😀

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Yes just VSC adjudicates Vawa petitions .

Thanks Sandra for all you do here!🙏 you take your time (which we can't afford) and saturate this place with priceless info! Just incase we don't say it enough..THANK YOU! GOD bless your beautiful heart! #Us Leos with our big hearts❤🌹😉

Timeline
On 8/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, Ziongirl said:

Good morning to you members, am grateful to God this morning for the gift of life! Now I got a question? In October last year I sent a renewal of my work authorization which was from the i485 that was denied before I filed the new one, so last month I raised sr, and it went through, am not sure why I did raise it but anyways I raised it and it was worked on it. This morning I just got an update that they transferred the case to my local office, my question is do local office approve work authorization? Am kinda scared 🤥🤥

20190810_084033.jpg

Vermont adjudicates l360 /l485 but due to high workload  they  are sending some forms l765 to be adjudicated in other field offices .

Timeline
5 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I want to express my gratitude and to say THANK YOU  to the emotional support and for the cheers to keep  me strong and positive!

I know almost lost it but thanks to @Stillwinning!!!😊 this last stretch to keep me in Good Faith 😘

Along with @CASTIEL @Trizzle @Tiffy88 @MelTex30@FeDaniela @Shroy123 @flyup123 @Ilo  @Modu @Destiny and many many more including our BEST Adviser @sandranj 

Today at 11:45pm I got notify that my LPR is Being Produce, it has being a long journey but finally I have closure, a new Journey Begins

🇺🇸 💫🍾

Timeline:

5/25/2017 I485, I360, I765 

9/7/2018 RFE (Divorce Decree from 1st marriage)

9/27/2018 RFE Document into USCIS

10/29/2018 I360/Vawa Approval EAD(c31)

12/6/2018 I131

1/22/2019 Vawa’s Approval Lettee

2/22/2019 I765(c09) Approval 

3/13/2019 Courtesy Letter

5/29/2019 Chicago Office requested my

I693/ Medical 

6/12/1019 I693/Medical in USCIS

7/19/2019 Interview Notice 

8/14/2019 Interview Date

8/19/2019 I485 Approval 

Awesome news Friday girl !! You must be experiencing overwhelming joy at this point  ❤️ How are you celebrating? I seem to be as excited as I would be when i get mine. Hearty Congratulations!!  🤗👍💪

5 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I want to express my gratitude and to say THANK YOU  to the emotional support and for the cheers to keep  me strong and positive!

I know almost lost it but thanks to @Stillwinning!!!😊 this last stretch to keep me in Good Faith 😘

Along with @CASTIEL @Trizzle @Tiffy88 @MelTex30@FeDaniela @Shroy123 @flyup123 @Ilo  @Modu @Destiny and many many more including our BEST Adviser @sandranj 

Today at 11:45pm I got notify that my LPR is Being Produce, it has being a long journey but finally I have closure, a new Journey Begins

🇺🇸 💫🍾

Timeline:

12/6/2018 I131

I693/ Medical 

8/14/2019 Interview Date

8/19/2019 I485 Approval 

Oh, what a news to begin the day!!! Congrats my darling and best of luck in this new chapter of your life, the sky is the limit. 

Anyone knows how long it takes for them to send this “long-waiting” GC?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
6 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

🇺🇸 💫🍾

Timeline:

12/6/2018 I131

I693/ Medical 

8/14/2019 Interview Date

8/19/2019 I485 Approval 

Congratulation FridayGirl@69

Exactly 5 days your status changed, no more doubt, you dont have talk about Courtesy letter (CL) no more

lol!!!

Enjoy your new life.

God bless

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
13 hours ago, Texas Girl said:

As follow up to card production notice on Jul 25th, today I received approval update for my vawa petition. I am a Feb 2018 filer.

Besides my attorney, I would like to give credit to this wonderful forum. I was guaranteed to get an RFE, had I not followed the posts here and interfiled missing documents. Thank you folks!! You are an amazing bunch of people.

@sandranj special thanks to you for all the legal advice you provide us with 🙏 

For all those waiting,  hang in there. You will hear on your case when its time. Please make sure you send in all evidence and supporting documents as and when you have them. Do not wait until rfe is issued. Best wishes!!

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding my case, I will make best effort  to answer them.

D60764EE-C06A-4BAD-93BB-05860EC2CCF6.jpeg

Congrats, Dear! 🎉
I am Aug 2017 filer and only got approved until Aug 8, 2019. Just received my EAD last week. Waiting to get approval notice soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.