laylalex

To Learn About the Far Right, Start With the ‘Manosphere’

215 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
47 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

Yeah, I'll quibble you on his godlike status, but you know, I really miss the messed up camaraderie we all used to have on here. I was just re-reading some old posts where we all riffed off each other for 12 or more pages, gently taking the mick out of each other. It wasn't even a matter of left v. right, that was ALWAYS present. We just had more... fun. 

#sadness #mavenstears

Unlike our dear friend NB/NB2, I happen to think Kip is one of the worst society has to offer. If Massengil were able to run a tap from him, they could produce more douches than all the women in the world could use in three lifetimes.

He could certainly stir up some $hit, though...

He's gonna be one lonely old man one day, if some RUB doesn't kill him instead of running off with another woman.

20 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I'd challenge you to stand in front of the wives, husbands, and children's of those that died in the time frame mentioned, and tell them what you just said.

In 2011-2012, 11.5 months, my Medevac unit in the desert carried over 3,100 patients.  I have no idea the ratio of deaths to wounded because to us, they were all patients, not casualties.  But I know many of the ones we carried went home missing limbs and will forever be tortured in their dreams.  Dying is not always the worst thing to happen.

Isn't there some statistic that 21 veterans kill themselves every day and there are more dead back home from suicide than the actual war casualties? Very sad situation! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are missing the point.

In the UK in WW2 there was a shortage of Coal Miners and you could be conscripted into the Armed Forces or the Mines. Being conscripted into the Armed Forces was the safer option.

I forget where I read it but there was an article about civilian deaths connected with the Manufacturing effort for WW2 and they was certainly a time when they outshone casulaties in action.

I mentioned my Father missed WW2, now he joined the RAF and had he been in Bomber Command then life expectancy was not good, ditto Infantry, German Submarines had I think the highest, but Merchant Marine was not far behind.

Lets look at the US Armed Forces say since 2000, how many Navy have died in action, how many Air Force?

There have been times when being in the Military has certainly been up there as  a risky occupation but in recent decades as far as the US is concerned.I do not see it.

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/15/dying-for-a-paycheck-these-jobs-are-more-dangerous.aspx

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Question: were some of the posts on here removed? I seem to recall part of a conversation I had on here yesterday evening that is now missing..... :huh:

19 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Question: were some of the posts on here removed? I seem to recall part of a conversation I had on here yesterday evening that is now missing..... :huh:

At least you can still recall. Heck I was on one side of town yesterday and had to google the route to get to the other

1 hour ago, elmcitymaven said:

Yeah, I'll quibble you on his godlike status, but you know, I really miss the messed up camaraderie we all used to have on here. I was just re-reading some old posts where we all riffed off each other for 12 or more pages, gently taking the mick out of each other. It wasn't even a matter of left v. right, that was ALWAYS present. We just had more... fun. 

#sadness #mavenstears

Maybe legend would have been a better choice of words. Us non lawyers use words to loosely sometimes. 

As for the fun. That was before the great purge .

24 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You are missing the point.

In the UK in WW2 there was a shortage of Coal Miners and you could be conscripted into the Armed Forces or the Mines. Being conscripted into the Armed Forces was the safer option.

I forget where I read it but there was an article about civilian deaths connected with the Manufacturing effort for WW2 and they was certainly a time when they outshone casulaties in action.

I mentioned my Father missed WW2, now he joined the RAF and had he been in Bomber Command then life expectancy was not good, ditto Infantry, German Submarines had I think the highest, but Merchant Marine was not far behind.

Lets look at the US Armed Forces say since 2000, how many Navy have died in action, how many Air Force?

There have been times when being in the Military has certainly been up there as  a risky occupation but in recent decades as far as the US is concerned.I do not see it.

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/15/dying-for-a-paycheck-these-jobs-are-more-dangerous.aspx

I think your initial point was that there are several more dangerous careers than being in the military. Probably changes in war time, but right now, I can't dispute the logging industry being at the top. When these guys get hurt, it's just a mess. Not sure why, but the chainsaw always seems to nick the femoral artery. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

51 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Unlike our dear friend NB/NB2, I happen to think Kip is one of the worst society has to offer. If Massengil were able to run a tap from him, they could produce more douches than all the women in the world could use in three lifetimes.

He could certainly stir up some $hit, though...

He's gonna be one lonely old man one day, if some RUB doesn't kill him instead of running off with another woman.

Oh yes I forgot yall butted heads. I thought it was you that was buds with him, but just remembered it was Charles

34 minutes ago, GoodJack said:

Isn't there some statistic that 21 veterans kill themselves every day and there are more dead back home from suicide than the actual war casualties? Very sad situation! 

Yes, I believe that is accurate.  And as sad as that is, or the number killed in combat, or the number killed by guns every year... none of them come close to those family members lost to medical malpractice.  I guess all of these things are nature's way of keeping the population in check.   But it sure sucks for those left behind, eh?

8 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

At least you can still recall. Heck I was on one side of town yesterday and had to google the route to get to the other

Well, I'm not 35 yet. I hear it's all downhill from there. :D I recently found out my sister (36) was getting fillers in her lips after LYING to me and insisting that they were still that plump naturally. I mean, I already knew about the Botox. :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Well, I'm not 35 yet. I hear it's all downhill from there. :D I recently found out my sister (36) was getting fillers in her lips after LYING to me and insisting that they were still that plump naturally. I mean, I already knew about the Botox. :rolleyes: 

You are still a ywet. You have many many good years ahead of you. About 45 to 53 or so where my best years

6 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Oh yes I forgot yall butted heads. I thought it was you that was buds with him, but just remembered it was Charles

Yes, Kip and Charles got together regularly for luncheons, IIRC...

The funny part is Kip got mad at me for something Karee (rest his soul) and someone else said to a girl on FB.  I wasn't even involved, but since they were both my FB friends, Kip tried to tear me a new one.  He's an ID10T.

Edited by ALFKAD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I do not think it is a stretch to see how basic necessities for "pursuit of happiness" such as healthcare that doesn't bankrupt you and education should either free or at least affordable. Student loans in US are an interesting problem. It is my understand that colleges suppose to have sports programs like American College Footballs and the likes to help subsidize tuition cost. Clearly system recently switch to using government underwritten student loans to pay for it. So colleges milk government for the loans they know fully well will never be able to repaid as tuition costs got jacked WAY beyond cost of living / inflation increase. It is a grift by a college system where someone else will be holding a bag. That money doesn't exactly go to teachers and research either, a lot of it gets eaten by tremendous administrative overhead. Somewhat similar to mortgage crisis before. One interesting idea would be to fully eliminate government subsided loans for most students which would actually force college to reduce tuition to something affordable by an average person. Otherwise, they would have a lot of empty class rooms. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Simple solution would be to let Student loans be included in bankruptcy.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”