laylalex

To Learn About the Far Right, Start With the ‘Manosphere’

215 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Simple solution would be to let Student loans be included in bankruptcy.

I see people every day who have massive student loans, that are straight up fraud.

3 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I see people every day who have massive student loans, that are straight up fraud.

I've seen banks make millions from predatory lending, only to get bailed out by tax payer dollars when the ponzi scheme collapses. I've seen a billionaire defraud elderly people with a bait and switch scheme at a fake university and then seen that same billionaire elected president. If we are concerned about fraud at all, I'm not sure there are may out there who could cast the first stone. If there are, I don't think student loan fraud is the place to start.  Even if intentional, it's one of the dumbest things someone could do. There won't be any bail out for student loans. In the end it's just a high interest loan that you can't run away from.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

17 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

Yeah, I'll quibble you on his godlike status, but you know, I really miss the messed up camaraderie we all used to have on here. I was just re-reading some old posts where we all riffed off each other for 12 or more pages, gently taking the mick out of each other. It wasn't even a matter of left v. right, that was ALWAYS present. We just had more... fun. 

#sadness #mavenstears

Yes.....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

It's okay when chicks do it, but yucky when it's boys.

I learned that on VJ from Kip. :mellow:

i heard that you learned quite a bit from kip after that bottle of champagne.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Yes, Kip and Charles got together regularly for luncheons, IIRC...

The funny part is Kip got mad at me for something Karee (rest his soul) and someone else said to a girl on FB.  I wasn't even involved, but since they were both my FB friends, Kip tried to tear me a new one.  He's an ID10T.

strange, i remember both kip and karee wanting to run me through a wood chipper.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

12 hours ago, Shiran said:

I do not think it is a stretch to see how basic necessities for "pursuit of happiness" such as healthcare that doesn't bankrupt you and education should either free or at least affordable. Student loans in US are an interesting problem. It is my understand that colleges suppose to have sports programs like American College Footballs and the likes to help subsidize tuition cost. Clearly system recently switch to using government underwritten student loans to pay for it. So colleges milk government for the loans they know fully well will never be able to repaid as tuition costs got jacked WAY beyond cost of living / inflation increase. It is a grift by a college system where someone else will be holding a bag. That money doesn't exactly go to teachers and research either, a lot of it gets eaten by tremendous administrative overhead. Somewhat similar to mortgage crisis before. One interesting idea would be to fully eliminate government subsided loans for most students which would actually force college to reduce tuition to something affordable by an average person. Otherwise, they would have a lot of empty class rooms. 

I don't see education as needing to be free. Can it be cheaper? Yes. There is a ton of wasteful spending and grift. But with no money coming in people aren't getting paid. It's not just teachers, but the entire staff that keeps a college running. Less money coming in, means not just an empty classroom without students, but no employees. to keep it functioning. Financial aid works a lot like tariffs actually. To subset the money that the college isn't getting because of the aid, they simply increase the cost to the consumer to make up the difference.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

36 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

i heard that you learned quite a bit from kip after that bottle of champagne.

LIES! 

I would never drink Freixenet, how naff.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

36 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

strange, i remember both kip and karee wanting to run me through a wood chipper.

Just the mere mention of your name in Kips presence would send him into a non prozac fixable tirade like I have never seen before? I cant quite recall Karee?

My favorite scewball poster of all time was Gary.  He could send the liberals into fits 

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

My favorite scewball poster of all time was Gary.  He could send the liberals into fits 

He of the beaches of Ankara, who bragged about sneaking a glimpse of his sister's bare and heaving bosoms? He who mocked me when my ex-husband and I split because I couldn't hold onto a man (CABA girlz, you know) unlike his RUB lady? The same RUB lady who left him once she became a citizen? 

Oh yeah, that Gary. He wasn't objectionable due his politics. He was just rude about CABAs. It was enjoyable to tweak him.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Just the mere mention of your name in Kips presence would send him into a non prozac fixable tirade like I have never seen before? I cant quite recall Karee?

Karee passed away in Thailand recently of dubious circumstances.   You know...

2 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

He of the beaches of Ankara, who bragged about sneaking a glimpse of his sister's bare and heaving bosoms? He who mocked me when my ex-husband and I split because I couldn't hold onto a man (CABA girlz, you know) unlike his RUB lady? The same RUB lady who left him once she became a citizen? 

Oh yeah, that Gary. He wasn't objectionable due his politics. He was just rude about CABAs. It was enjoyable to tweak him.

Yes that guy. You have to admit it was entertaining.

did know he mocked you for your marriage breaking up. That is cruel and uncalled for 

2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Oh he was Karee. Of course I knew him. Texted him a couple of times when I was in the PI. Treated his wife like dirt

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Wow. That's sad. I'm sure many of the old timers on here didn't know that. Some of us don't keep up on FB. I usually just hear when somebody posts something on here.

I knew, just didn't realize that was his screen name.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Didn't know that, either.

Never heard any more than a rumor that Alla left Gary, without details.  Would appreciate more, by PM if prudent.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).