Falcon Cara

Pleading Guilty to ManSlaughter - Petitioner

14 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

So USCIS will approve a K1 petition for a guilty charge for manslaughter, I guess the petitioner needs to do a waiver?

Where did you get this? I do remember a case like this on here a couple years ago. 

I do believe a spousal petition filed by a death row inmate was approved. Whether the beneficiary got the visa or not is another matter. 

If the petition is already approved, why would a waiver be needed? 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

32 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Where did you get this? I do remember a case like this on here a couple years ago. 

I was asking a question to try to figure something out.

The petitioner may of done a CR-1 instead, I understand you don't need to disclose any criminal history with that petition.

ChickBoy

1 minute ago, JFH said:

I do believe a spousal petition filed by a death row inmate was approved. Whether the beneficiary got the visa or not is another matter. 

If the petition is already approved, why would a waiver be needed? 

Spousal petition doesn't require criminal history of petitioner correct?

ChickBoy

1 minute ago, Falcon Cara said:

Correct. Which is why the person on death row filed a spousal petition. For that reason and the logistics of arranging a wedding within 90 days whilst on the row...

But to get back to your question, if the petition has already been approved, why the need for a waiver? 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

1 minute ago, JFH said:

Correct. Which is why the person on death row filed a spousal petition. For that reason and the logistics of arranging a wedding within 90 days whilst on the row...

But to get back to your question, if the petition has already been approved, why the need for a waiver? 

They wouldn't if it was approved on a K1.  But for some odd reason they wan't a waiver for multiply filing, I was just wondering if they wanted waiver for killing someone

ChickBoy

8 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

They wouldn't if it was approved on a K1.  But for some odd reason they wan't a waiver for multiply filing, I was just wondering if they wanted waiver for killing someone

Are we talking hypothetically or is this an actual case? 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Just now, Falcon Cara said:

Actual case, I just don't if the petitioner did K1 or a CR1, I am thinking now maybe a CR-1.

Likely a CR-1. It would be the most logical path.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

So USCIS will approve a K1 petition for a guilty charge for manslaughter, I guess the petitioner needs to do a waiver?

Whatever you’re planning FC don’t do it.  Y’all get a counsellor or something.

2 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Whatever you’re planning FC don’t do it.  Y’all get a counsellor or something.

Lol. These petitions are getting crazier lol 

10 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Correct, not on the form.  Expect it will come up at the in interview.  I had some old ex-wife caused BS (not manslaughter ;) ) come up at Mary's interview but she was all prepared.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

DHS can check the applicant's information without the person stating it on an application

According to Homeland Security Site

there can be a name check for criminal records which i think would be an instant as soon as the USC lists his current or former address as a prison.

they check for certain immigration applications (but at their discretion can do at any time) according to the following :

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_uscis_ibbcs.pdf

3. FBI Name Check The FBI Name Check is conducted on applicants over the age of 14. The FBI Name Check is a name-based search of the FBI’s Central Records System (CRS) and Universal Index (UNI).6 The CRS encompasses the centralized records of FBI Headquarters, FBI field offices, and Legal Attaché offices. The CRS contains FBI investigative, administrative, criminal, personnel, and other files compiled for law enforcement and national security purposes. The UNI consists of administrative, applicant, criminal, personnel, and other law enforcement files. USCIS sends applicant information (name, date of birth (DOB), country of birth, race, and gender) to the FBI in order to conduct the name check. The secure data exchange between USCIS and the FBI for the purpose of FBI Name Check occurs via zipped and encrypted email. 

Also not sure how USC would satisfy the income requirements unless formerly convicted and out of prison for the last 3 years earning a decent income

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.