Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, pknick said:

Today we had our GC interview at 9AM, I know it takes 30 min travel from home so we started at 8AM to reach there at 8:30AM,

we reached at 8:35AM and parked right in front of the office. Since we had Biometric appointment in the same place there wasnt any worry to either reach or finding the office. It was in the 6th floor. 

Went with two folders, photo album and ID cards. My wife was very well organized, she had all the properwork according to the list they asked. 

Security check was done and submitted the interview lettter at a counter, they took both hands index fingers biometric and picture were taken  and we were said to seat and our application is in the queue.

The whole thing ended at around 8:50AM

There are people waiting and those who are waiting are for 8:40AM appointment but were called inside the office at 9 AM,

we had our turn at 9:08 AM.. my wife name was called out and we both went in with the paperwork and photo album. 

Officer asked us ID proof, we gave the driving license which she had for couple of months now and my DL.

Once we sat in the office, there was a huge file with all the paperwork we submitted when we applied initially.

The office was small and very neat and organized with US and World Maps.. which I liked the ambience.

Officer started with an Oath with right hand held up ... the usual truth thing.

We sat down and she started asking questions from the first page of 485 form on wards.. DOB, Her Parents and My parents names, Place of birth, everything in the 485 application.. so most of the info that was in the application.

My wife had SSN and she remembers it well, so when the officer asked if she had SSN and my wife told her the number so she was ok and did not want to see the proof.

Then She asked Yes or No questions.. the officer pretty much asked every question in the list. My wife was little excited and answered before she completed the question, then I patted her on the back to slow down until the officer is done finishing her question, officer saw that and said thats ok. She was nice.

After those questions she asked us about how we met for a minute and how we got marrried. 

THen after she asked my wife about the medical exam report which we did it again here in US. She opened the sealed envelope and verified all the pages and said evverything looks good. 

Then she asked for Lease agreement, Utility Bills, Auto Insurance and any documents which we had our names together.

Then she ended the interview and asked if we knew about the temporary green card, we said yes but she took the paper and exaplinned all the details that are in the sheet , what, how, when about the Temporary GC and how and when to get permanent one.

Finally she said she was done with the interview and said she will verify the criminal check and will update the system by End of the Day. We left the office at 9:32AM

At 4PM in the evening we recieved text and email about New Card being processed. 

The photo album wasnt asked at all. Overall very good experience and this forum helped us in getting prepared well for the interview. Thanks to all the people who contributed to this forum. 

Good Luck to all of you and wish the best. For any timeline related pl check my profile time line.

Congrats! and thanks for sharing your experience.

14 hours ago, pknick said:

Today we had our GC interview at 9AM, I know it takes 30 min travel from home so we started at 8AM to reach there at 8:30AM,

we reached at 8:35AM and parked right in front of the office. Since we had Biometric appointment in the same place there wasnt any worry to either reach or finding the office. It was in the 6th floor. 

Went with two folders, photo album and ID cards. My wife was very well organized, she had all the properwork according to the list they asked. 

Security check was done and submitted the interview lettter at a counter, they took both hands index fingers biometric and picture were taken  and we were said to seat and our application is in the queue.

The whole thing ended at around 8:50AM

There are people waiting and those who are waiting are for 8:40AM appointment but were called inside the office at 9 AM,

we had our turn at 9:08 AM.. my wife name was called out and we both went in with the paperwork and photo album. 

Officer asked us ID proof, we gave the driving license which she had for couple of months now and my DL.

Once we sat in the office, there was a huge file with all the paperwork we submitted when we applied initially.

The office was small and very neat and organized with US and World Maps.. which I liked the ambience.

Officer started with an Oath with right hand held up ... the usual truth thing.

We sat down and she started asking questions from the first page of 485 form on wards.. DOB, Her Parents and My parents names, Place of birth, everything in the 485 application.. so most of the info that was in the application.

My wife had SSN and she remembers it well, so when the officer asked if she had SSN and my wife told her the number so she was ok and did not want to see the proof.

Then She asked Yes or No questions.. the officer pretty much asked every question in the list. My wife was little excited and answered before she completed the question, then I patted her on the back to slow down until the officer is done finishing her question, officer saw that and said thats ok. She was nice.

After those questions she asked us about how we met for a minute and how we got marrried. 

THen after she asked my wife about the medical exam report which we did it again here in US. She opened the sealed envelope and verified all the pages and said evverything looks good. 

Then she asked for Lease agreement, Utility Bills, Auto Insurance and any documents which we had our names together.

Then she ended the interview and asked if we knew about the temporary green card, we said yes but she took the paper and exaplinned all the details that are in the sheet , what, how, when about the Temporary GC and how and when to get permanent one.

Finally she said she was done with the interview and said she will verify the criminal check and will update the system by End of the Day. We left the office at 9:32AM

At 4PM in the evening we recieved text and email about New Card being processed. 

The photo album wasnt asked at all. Overall very good experience and this forum helped us in getting prepared well for the interview. Thanks to all the people who contributed to this forum. 

Good Luck to all of you and wish the best. For any timeline related pl check my profile time line.

Congrats, happy for you!!

On 1/7/2020 at 2:08 AM, Marcela Palomino said:

I think we should

Did you ever call? I’m trying to fine the number in this thread to call snd Inquire about it. i know they’ll probably just say I’m still within the processing time but it will make me feel better to hear that from them lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, MrsH23 said:

Did you ever call? I’m trying to fine the number in this thread to call snd Inquire about it. i know they’ll probably just say I’m still within the processing time but it will make me feel better to hear that from them lol 

I did call, just Google USCIS phone and then follow instructions to hear case status but lost your case number....the rep. Told me you are still within regular timeline but is actually  taking more time than usual, she recommended to wait 1-2 months but it should get done before that😔

2 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

I did call, just Google USCIS phone and then follow instructions to hear case status but lost your case number....the rep. Told me you are still within regular timeline but is actually  taking more time than usual, she recommended to wait 1-2 months but it should get done before that😔

1-2 months for the ead or the actually greencard? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsH23 said:

1-2 months for the ead or the actually greencard? 

Either one, in my case I would think EAD because Portland local office is very behind with interviews

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/9/2020 at 10:29 AM, Klara said:

EAD approved!!!! Finally. I thought this day would never come.

Congrats! I hope you will get it soon in the mail.

2018-03-28 Filed I-130

2019-08-08 Approved I-130

2019-08-20 Filed I-485 and I-765

2019-08-26 NOA for I-485 and I765

2019-08-30 Appointment for Biometrics
2019-09-18 Biometrics 

2019-09-24 Update on I-765 "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"

2019-12-16 Curtesy letter I-693

2019-12-23 Update on I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview"

2020-01-16 Update on I-485 "Interview was scheduled"

2020-02-06 Update on I-765 "New Card Is Being Produced"

2020-02-07 Update on I-765 "Case Was Approved"

2020-02-11 Update on I-765 "Card Was Mailed To Me"

2020-02-14 EAD in Mailbox

2020-02-21 Interview for I-485

2020-02-21 Update on I-485 "New Card Is Being Produced"

Hope timeline gives others help and hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 1/8/2020 at 9:19 PM, Vidizzle said:

It really took a while! I’m so nervous about the interview. I need tips!! 😫😫😫

I just check the status again and it changed back to “ready to be schedule an intv” as of 1/10. 🙄 did you experience the same? it was “intv was scheduled” as of 1/8 before. i did screenshot the page. sigh. 

8 hours ago, Y & J said:

I just check the status again and it changed back to “ready to be schedule an intv” as of 1/10. 🙄 did you experience the same? it was “intv was scheduled” as of 1/8 before. i did screenshot the page. sigh. 

That’s so weird. Mine hasn’t changed but I haven’t received the notice yet.

I got a RFIE for my affidavit of support, my husband and I filed joint tax return and he did not include his w2 with the tax transcript. We did send in his employment letter stating the hours worked and the hourly rate which is slightly above the proverty line, but immigration said he did not meet the requirements. I have a joint sponsor, USCIS is asking for his w2 for the joint tax return, should I also redo his form I864? Someone was telling me that I needed to do form I864a because it was a joint tax return, and I should put zero for my income, is it true? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/11/2020 at 10:09 AM, LovelyLisa89 said:

Green Card Interview 1/7/2020 -Approved at Interview.

Green card in Hand 1/11/2020 

Nice, congratulations. 

2018-03-28 Filed I-130

2019-08-08 Approved I-130

2019-08-20 Filed I-485 and I-765

2019-08-26 NOA for I-485 and I765

2019-08-30 Appointment for Biometrics
2019-09-18 Biometrics 

2019-09-24 Update on I-765 "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"

2019-12-16 Curtesy letter I-693

2019-12-23 Update on I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview"

2020-01-16 Update on I-485 "Interview was scheduled"

2020-02-06 Update on I-765 "New Card Is Being Produced"

2020-02-07 Update on I-765 "Case Was Approved"

2020-02-11 Update on I-765 "Card Was Mailed To Me"

2020-02-14 EAD in Mailbox

2020-02-21 Interview for I-485

2020-02-21 Update on I-485 "New Card Is Being Produced"

Hope timeline gives others help and hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

WE JUST RECEIVED OUR EAD CARD IN THE MAIL TODAY!!! We live in Virginia and my husband couldn't get a drivers licence without it!!! Just wanted to share this news and I hope who ever has not heard back on theirs, will hear back very very soon!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 1/11/2020 at 1:09 PM, LovelyLisa89 said:

Green Card Interview 1/7/2020 -Approved at Interview.

Green card in Hand 1/11/2020 

Can you provide us with a little intel (especially us Bostonians)?  How long did it take from the time you walked in until the time you walked out?  Were you interviewed together or separately?  What questions did they ask?  Each situation can be different of course but it might help having some idea about what to expect.

Thanks and congrats!

33 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Can you provide us with a little intel (especially us Bostonians)?  How long did it take from the time you walked in until the time you walked out?  Were you interviewed together or separately?  What questions did they ask?  Each situation can be different of course but it might help having some idea about what to expect.

Thanks and congrats!

Hi Tasty! 

thank you so much! I posted a review of my interview on 1/7. If you have any questions or anything is confusing!, I would be happy to answer anything else!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.