Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, CanadianMutt said:

1) How do you know what office is processing your paperwork?

2) I have just received notice that interview is ready to be scheduled ; can I expect my temporary work / travel parole anytime soon? Does that come after the interview? 

Timeline:

1) 8/22/2019, case submitted.
2) 9/6/2019, case received
3) 9/12/2019, fingerprint scheduled
4) 9/30/2019, fingerprint done
4) RFIE mailed, 10/22/2019
5) Overnighted RFIE respones, 11/29/2019
6) RFIE Response received, 11/7/2019
7) Case Ready to be scheduled for interview, 11/15/2019

The office will more than likely be where you did your biometrics.

If you have the interview and it is approved you would get your 2 year green card rather than the combo card. A lot of people seem to be in this position.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
30 minutes ago, CanadianMutt said:

1) How do you know what office is processing your paperwork?

2) I have just received notice that interview is ready to be scheduled ; can I expect my temporary work / travel parole anytime soon? Does that come after the interview? 

Timeline:

1) 8/22/2019, case submitted.
2) 9/6/2019, case received
3) 9/12/2019, fingerprint scheduled
4) 9/30/2019, fingerprint done
4) RFIE mailed, 10/22/2019
5) Overnighted RFIE respones, 11/29/2019
6) RFIE Response received, 11/7/2019
7) Case Ready to be scheduled for interview, 11/15/2019

@CanadianMutt Are you Adjusting from a K-1 Visa? And which State are you at?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, CanadianMutt said:

I'm on a TN-1 adjustment of status located in Massachusetts. 

Hi

I have been reading another inmigration forums tracking Boston AOS timelines-

Basically, an AOS status  from a working visa is taking shorter  time than a K1 visa. At least the interviews are scheduled pretty quickly - according to what it is reported to those inmigration websites.

I think this situation is unfair and it vulnerates the rights of american citizens. I have been debating whether we should complain to the congress representative about this issue in Boston.

Cata

Edited by Cata&Ben

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi

Basically, an AOS status  from a working visa is taking shorter  time than a K1 visa. At least the interviews are scheduled pretty quickly - according to what it is reported to those inmigration websites.

I think this situation is unfair and it vulnerates the rights of american citizens. I have been debating whether we should complain to the congress representative about this issue in Boston.

Cata

That’s very unfair! I’m in Boston to. Why would they be processing people that are already eligible to work etc etc... when we are stuck here legally not allowed to work travel freely etc etc... that’s a joke In my opinion that they are doing it like that. 

9 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi

Cata

People on work visa wait (for the almost all country) 8- 10 YEARS before there case become ready to schedule for interview. I don’t blame them to schedule interview faster if it’s true. Truth in this cases can be biased. Without any real true data It’s all baseless theories. Just my two cents. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi

Cata

I wouldn't be jealous of them, I'd be more jealous of tourist visa and student visa holders that overstay, and apply for AOS... now, that really is unfair because "we" the k1's and/or CR1 waited patiently in our countries and went by legal guidelines, I'm sorry if someone gets annoyed about my comment. Night night! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, newlifeofabc said:

Hi August Filers:

Just wanted to update my case.

I attended my GC interview yesterday and got approved right away. 
My local office is Oklahoma City. 

I don’t mean to make anyone jealous or upset. Just wanna send some encouragement and positive energy to those who are still waiting. :)

Congratulations!!! 

can you please tell us about the interview? What did they ask you? And also did you have an I-693 or just DS-3025 was enough? 

My interview is tomorrow and that will help me a lot. Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It's getting very difficult to not being able to work or drive. Yesterday was pretty hard, to see all of the other people with RFE that arrived at a later date than mine going to the next step. This process is even more frustrating than the long wait to the K1.

15 hours ago, Jellybeann said:

People on work visa wait (for the almost all country) 8- 10 YEARS before there case become ready to schedule for interview. I don’t blame them to schedule interview faster if it’s true. Truth in this cases can be biased. Without any real true data It’s all baseless theories. Just my two cents. :)

Hi

Thanks for your two cents. We apreciate them.

I am a scientist, I know decision-making should be based on data. 

I made that post based on data reported in another inmigration website.

I know it is not a big sample of data but it is quite particular what the data is showing regarding this situation.

For your information, people are elegible for AOS if they are in the United States with different categories.

It written in the USCIS website. 

And, yes I will contact the Congress representative to inquire the reasons why USCIS Boston is giving prelation for AOS to another visa categories different to the K1. Notice that I said Boston. I dont know anything about the behaviour of other USCIS offices. My husband has the right to inquiry this!  An american citizen has the right to inquiry this!! 😊

Cheers

Cata

Edited by Cata&Ben

I am sorry but my comments about the interview shcedule and time framework for different visas have nothing to do with jelaousy rather than

to address the vulnerability of a right. The right of an american citizen. All this situation is afecting them.

Edited by Cata&Ben

39 minutes ago, Calendula said:

It's getting very difficult to not being able to work or drive. Yesterday was pretty hard, to see all of the other people with RFE that arrived at a later date than mine going to the next step. This process is even more frustrating than the long wait to the K1.

I know Calendula. I feel your pain. 

We have seen another applicants here to receive the interview letter without an update in the system, 

maybe you will receive your interview notice soon.

I send a hug 

Cata

Edited by Cata&Ben

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.