Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, B.V. said:

Hi,

I just came back from UK two days ago. So if u are interested I can share my experience. When I arrived to US airport (it was directed flight from London to Houston), I provided for officer my home country passport, combo card, marriage certificate. He was looking for something , then he called other officer, said “soft” and I followed that another officer for secondary. I was waiting there like 15mins. I saw when He took folder with all my documents, I got stamp to my passport. Then officer called my last name, asked reason for traveling outside the US and gave me back all my documents. That’s all. I was kind of scared that for some reasons they won’t let me in back to the US. Also I got briefcase, so he told me do not forget to pay duty taxes at airport. It took for me one hour. This is the part when I got A LOT of questions. Why, when, how much, why do I need that, who paid for that etc . Anyway, after one hour almost they gave me receipt, I paid and left airport. 

Now I’m flying again back to Europe, will see, how I won’t get in trouble lol

best of luck for y’all 

Did you apply for multiple trips or it is just open to multiple trips by default?

Just now, Marcela Palomino said:

Thank you....I'm a little hesitant about wether or not they'll let me in hahahaha ( I know wouldn't deny me though, but the doubt is there)

You got the AP or Combo card -  that is the purpose - to let you in.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

3 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Thank you....I'm a little hesitant about wether or not they'll let me in hahahaha ( I know wouldn't deny me though, but the doubt is there)

Actually, even tho I applied for the AP I won’t be traveling outside of the country cause they can certainly deny you entry. Sure...not a high chance probably. 

Edited by RachelBounty
Mistake

Timeline
Just now, RachelBounty said:

Actually, even tho I applied for the AP I won’t be traveling outside of the country cause they can certainly deny you entry. 

But you rarely hear those stories, I mean I have never heard an entry denial under AP

2 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

We were spousal but entered the US on a sunday and left on a friday.   They let her back in with just the stamp on her VISA.

We have traveled with AP and Combo card holders and they always get back in.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Just now, Paul & Mary said:

We were spousal but entered the US on a sunday and left on a friday.   They let her back in with just the stamp on her VISA.

We have traveled with AP and Combo card holders and they always get back in.

And that’s great and I have no doubt that in 99% of the time people don’t have issues 

Timeline
Just now, B.V. said:

I just mentioned countries that I’m planning to visit, but UK was not it that list :) so I guess just by default they allow u to travel 

Cool

4 minutes ago, B.V. said:

I just mentioned countries that I’m planning to visit, but UK was not it that list :) so I guess just by default they allow u to travel 

The I-131 gets used for multiple purposes.   For a k1 you don;t even need to state a reason to travel.

6 minutes ago, RachelBounty said:

And that’s great and I have no doubt that in 99% of the time people don’t have issues 

Ap/Combo is treated the same at a POE except they will verify the AOS is still pending.  Even it there is a NOID you are allowed back in.

11 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

But you rarely hear those stories,

Try not to get into trouble at home!  Just Kidding!   You will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

The I-131 gets used for multiple purposes.   For a k1 you don;t even need to state a reason to travel.

Ap/Combo is treated the same at a POE except they will verify the AOS is still pending.  Even it there is a NOID you are allowed back in.

I know. And I know the chances are slim. I’m always more on the cautious side of things :)
Please note that having an advance parole document does not guarantee that you will be allowed to reenter the United States. At the airport or border, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer will make the final decision about whether to allow you to reenter the United States.”

I’ve been in the US for the last 8 years on F1 and I just hate going thru immigration. The feeling is always so awful even tho I’ve never done anything wrong. But like I said I know 99% of the time you’re good to go. 

14 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

There is nothing about K1. I’m traveling now based on combo card, not K1 visa..based on form I-131 there is question where your are planning to travel and why. Just following what asked to answer and provided answer in form..

Out of interest, are there any (many?) August filers still waiting for EAD/AP?

We are mid-September filers and just trying to get a sense of things.  Some September filers do have theirs already but I am more interested in the prior months to see how many still waiting...

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, nyj215 said:

Out of interest, are there any (many?) August filers still waiting for EAD/AP?

We are mid-September filers and just trying to get a sense of things.  Some September filers do have theirs already but I am more interested in the prior months to see how many still waiting...

Thanks.

We're still waiting, our timeline is updated so you can check the dates.

Got the letter for the interview! It will be on the 26th of February!

I hope everyone's process goes smoothly!

Edited by MadHong

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

11/29 Biometrics Letter Received

12/09 Biometrics appointment (Code 2). They've only taken my index finger's fingerprint

12/13 Another Biometrics Letter Received (Code 3)

12/20 EAD Card is being produced

12/24 Biometrics Appointment scheduled -> Cancelled due to executive order

12/30 EAD Card Received

01/08 Supposedly the rescheduled biometrics appointment, but couldn't make it.

01/15 Did the Walk-in Biometrics!

01/21 Status changed to "Ready to be interviewed"

01/22 Status changed to "Interview was scheduled"

02/26 Green Card Interview & Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

My interview was supposed to be tomorrow. Just had a phone call from USCIS saying they don’t know where my case is and they’ll reschedule me once they get a hold of it. 

Ugh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.