22 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

I contacted ombudsman regarding my expedite request with USCIS,  on July 12 i called USCIS requesting expedite due humanitarian issues and they asked to send evidence through email , i sent on 21 july but they didn't reply whether they received my evidence or updated my again so i contacted CIS ombudsman and they sent me this email , so has anyone experienced this issue or tried ombudsman 

SmartSelect_20190726-013137_Gmail.jpg

July 21st is a weekend. so they didn't even start looking at anything until the 22nd. And that would be a few days worth of emails when they did. So it's been 3 business days, which is well within normal processing timelines.

I understand there may be an emergency (I don't know your basis for expedite), but 3 business days is not enough time for them to review it. It will still likely be a couple months at best before a visa is issued even if the expedite is approved....be sure you have a backup plan to stay safe.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

July 21st is a weekend. so they didn't even start looking at anything until the 22nd. And that would be a few days worth of emails when they did. So it's been 3 business days, which is well within normal processing timelines.

I understand there may be an emergency (I don't know your basis for expedite), but 3 business days is not enough time for them to review it. It will still likely be a couple months at best before a visa is issued even if the expedite is approved....be sure you have a backup plan to stay safe.

Thank you very much for the information 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Ombudsman should be last resort, you used it first up after a few days? Your sponsoring family member should have contacted their congressman 

They are in sudan now , they couldn't contact their Congressman 

1 hour ago, Obada.elamin said:

They are in sudan now , they couldn't contact their Congressman 

I presume they are only visiting Sudan? Contacting congressman is all done via internet /email usually. Anyway, it’s done, hopefully you get it sorted out and won’t need another recourse.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Ombudsman should be last resort, you used it first up after a few days? Your sponsoring family member should have contacted their congressman first 

Have you ever done a congressional inquiry?  I have,  what a waste of time 

YMMV

33 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Have you ever done a congressional inquiry?  I have,  what a waste of time 

Yes I have, and it worked fantastically to get USCIS off its butt, which is the principal reason I suggested it. Sorry yours didn’t. Fact remains ombudsman is not supposed to be the first port of call, as the website itself https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance says to check processing times, do e-request, call, and infopass first, and only if all exhausted (and 60 days passed, though I concede if expediting that’s a difficult one) then contact ombudsman. I was not under the impression from OP’s thread that all the uscis avenues have been done, even if he decided to not try his or her congressperson.  Actually I’m not sure any of those have been done, all he’s said is that they haven’t responded to his email with the requested evidence yet. 

It never makes sense to use your last resort as a first port of call. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes I have, and it worked fantastically to get USCIS off its butt, which is the principal reason I suggested it. Sorry yours didn’t. Fact remains ombudsman is not supposed to be the first port of call, as the website itself https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance says to check processing times, do e-request, call, and infopass first, and only if all exhausted (and 60 days passed, though I concede if expediting that’s a difficult one) then contact ombudsman. I was not under the impression from OP’s thread that all the uscis avenues have been done, even if he decided to not try his or her congressperson.  Actually I’m not sure any of those have been done, all he’s said is that they haven’t responded to his email with the requested evidence yet. 

It never makes sense to use your last resort as a first port of call. 

Yes they are visiting me , how can they contact their Congressman?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Obada.elamin said:

Yes they are visiting me , how can they contact their Congressman?

Do they have access to the internet?

YMMV

3 hours ago, Obada.elamin said:

thank you very much 

Have you tried all 3 of the USCIS avenues that the ombudsman says to do before contacting them? There is a process to follow.  You are supposed to first properly try get an answer from USCIS, not jump all over just because no-one confirmed receipt of an email, which as far as I can figure from what you have posted so far, is all that has (not) happened. When your sponsor contacts their congressperson, they will want to know what the history of enquiries with uscis is.

How long has your sponsor been living in the US for?  I can understand that you living in Sudan don’t necessarily understand the correct procedures to follow, but your sponsor should. It looks like you are effectively doing the case yourself too. Is this a spouse visa?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.