IslandMate714

Is it pointless to call NVC?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been trying to contact NVC for two days(Thursday and Friday) now and no luck getting through, when I say none I mean NONE!!! I submitted all the documents paid my fees but I had to resubmit two documents because they said they could not be read clearly. So I resubmitted the requested documents. It's going on week four since I sent the documents, everything else that I sent has been accepted. Should I just give up calling NCV to see if they will look at the documents or keep trying? This ish is so frigging frustrating I just want my husband here and to be done with this part of the process.  

Edited by IslandMate714

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
33 minutes ago, JeffandNadine said:

The best time to contact NVC is when they open, you will still likely be on hold but the wait time shouldn't be long.

I agree, we used to do that while we were in Morocco, The time difference helped us to contact NVC and USICS without staying on hold for a long time. 

I-130 Spouse Visa

April 1, 2016 - Married

April 26, 2016 - Filed I-130 abroad from Morocco

May 3, 2016 - Case accepted

May 10, 2016 - Received NOA1

August 25, 2016 - Case transferred to another office

September 15, 2016 - Case Approved! USCIS

September 27, 2016 - Received NOA2
October 5, 2016 - Case Sent to Dept of State

October 11, 2016 - Case Received by NVC

October 25, 2016 - NVC Welcome Letter Received

October 25, 2016 - Completed DS-261

October 25, 2016 - Paid AOS Fee

November 2, 2016 - Paid IV Fee

November 4, 2016 - Filed DS-260

December 1, 2016 - Sent AOS Packet to NVC from Morocco
January 29, 2017 - We Have our Baby in Morocco :D👨‍👩‍👦 👶
February 17, 2017 - We Received Appointment Letter From NVC
March 20, 2017 - THE INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED :dancing:
January 25, 2019 - Filed I-751 Remove Conditions

February 10, 2019 - Received NOA1

March 5, 2019 - Biometric APPT

Jun 18, 2019 - Interview & Approval

Jun 21, 2019 - Received 10 years GC ✔️

www.rehazu.com - Learn more about our International Marriage

Timeline

Thank you both @JeffandNadine and @hannahj_11 but I have been calling right when they open I start dialing at 8:59 and they open at 9 am but I continue to get that recording prompt that says "Thank you for calling NVC due to high call volumes...blah blah and at the very end it says try another time. Is there a different recording prompt that comes on for me to know that I will eventually be placed on hold? Because as soon as I hear his voice I hang up and call right back. 

Timeline

I GOT THROUGH!!!!! On hold as I am typing this, there is a different recording the comes on and then it asks you to press 1 for English, I even went to the NVC website to see if it was a different prompt and it was the one to listen for is posted on their site!!!! I am so revealed to finally be on hold and also mad at myself because if I would have just waited a few minutes into the recording I could have been through last week.  

Phone (for immigrant visa inquiries only):  this is the recording to listen for 
(603) 334-0700. Please be advised that the NVC has temporarily changed the hours of operation for our call center.  Customer Service Representatives are available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.  Due to high call volumes, wait times can be in excess of 30 minutes.  Many of your questions can be answered in the FAQS section of this web site, and updates to your case can be found by logging into the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC).

You will get another recording stating our customer service agents are helping other customers hang up and try again until you get the above recording. 

Edited by IslandMate714

Timeline

UPDATE: I finally spoke with someone and he told me that it was beyond the three weeks that they are able to look at the documents but that he would speak with his supervisor and I would get a confirmation through the CEAC site. 

What got me is this how is this any of my fault, why will I be held accountable for this that it went beyond the three weeks when all the information was on the site the very next day after it was requested three weeks ago? I'm venting and just frustrated, the customer service rep was not rude in the least bit, but that just ticked me off. 

Edited by IslandMate714

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
11 minutes ago, IslandMate714 said:

UPDATE: I finally spoke with someone and he told me that it was beyond the three weeks that they are able to look at the documents but that he would speak with his supervisor and I would get a confirmation through the CEAC site. 

What got me is this how is this any of my fault, why will I be held accountable for this that it went beyond the three weeks when all the information was on the site the very next day after it was requested three weeks ago? I'm venting and just frustrated, the customer service rep was not rude in the least bit, but that just ticked me off. 

It’s nobody’s fault and nobody will be held accountable. It just a part of the process that some cases may go beyond the estimated time.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

@arken okay it was just they way he said it made me feel as though it would not get processed. Thank you for your response because I was trying to call them back. 

On 7/15/2019 at 3:36 AM, IslandMate714 said:

I have been trying to contact NVC for two days(Thursday and Friday) now and no luck getting through, when I say none I mean NONE!!! I submitted all the documents paid my fees but I had to resubmit two documents because they said they could not be read clearly. So I resubmitted the requested documents. It's going on week four since I sent the documents, everything else that I sent has been accepted. Should I just give up calling NCV to see if they will look at the documents or keep trying? This ish is so frigging frustrating I just want my husband here and to be done with this part of the process.  

What do you mean you cant get thru NVC ?  it takes little time on the phone  but they will answer you and they re the most professional in immigration affairs I 'd even say the best

just be aware  of the local USCIS  branches and staff .. their job is denials   .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 7/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, GabLuc said:

keep calling, when you hear 

"thank you for calling the NVC, because to the high number of calls..." HANG UP

call back

When you hear 

"please be advised... " STAY ON THE PHONE FOR 30mins.

Im a pro at this lol

You are a pro. This should be a sticky post.🙇‍♂️

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, IslandMate714 said:

had the same call today.  how ling did it take the supervisor to look at your documents.  was told it can be 6 weeks.  crazy..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.