Sally30

Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage (merged topics)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Good Afternoon,

I need your advise. My husband is a member of the US Marine Corps, he got stationed in California and we live in Maryland. We have to send papers for my 10 years green card in August. I want to move to California with him as well. My question is: if I move with him to California, should we take our case in California too? or can we keep our official address in Maryland and remain our case in Maryland? If somebody has experience like that could you share it with me, please? Thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

I understand your concern because change of addresses with USCIS has led to a lot of grief for many people in the past due to inefficiencies in the logistics system.

The form asks for both your physical and mailing address from Questions 15 to 17. Using your address in Maryland while actually residing in California would be untruthful. Your physical address is where you actually reside.

My advice is to follow the letter of the law and be truthful and accurate.

Edited by HonoraryCitizen

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

Neither are you here to live up to mine.

I don't owe no one no obligation 
So everything is fine, fine

I said, I am that I am I am, I am, I am

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

need to inform USCIS of change of address

suppose to be cohabiting with spouse so i would suggest using California address unless he is deployed and u can not go

if that happens the military has the spouse give you a POA for  legal purposes and you should have a copy of his papers

17 minutes ago, Sally30 said:

Good Afternoon,

I need your advise. My husband is a member of the US Marine Corps, he got stationed in California and we live in Maryland. We have to send papers for my 10 years green card in August. I want to move to California with him as well. My question is: if I move with him to California, should we take our case in California too? or can we keep our official address in Maryland and remain our case in Maryland? If somebody has experience like that could you share it with me, please? Thank you in advance!

So if you want to go to CP or 29 Palms with him then you would use the California address because everything will be in California. 

What MOS is your husband? I was in Marines from 2001-2009 so I know alittle bit about about. 😋

2 minutes ago, kris&me said:

suppose to be cohabiting with spouse so i would suggest using California address unless he is deployed and u can not go

if that happens the military has the spouse give you a POA for  legal purposes and you should have a copy of his papers

It looks like the spouse is just in CA and not deployed overseas at this point in time. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It looks like the spouse is just in CA and not deployed overseas at this point in time. 

He is studying now and he has a graduation in March

7 minutes ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

I understand your concern because change of addresses with USCIS has led to a lot of grief for many people in the past due to inefficiencies in the logistics system.

The form asks for both your physical and mailing address. Using your address in Maryland while actually residing in California would be untruthful. Your physical address is where you actually reside.

My advice is to follow the letter of the law and be truthful and accurate.

If he goes and I will stay in Maryland, what's going on in that case? Can we keep Maryland address?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kris&me said:

If he goes and I will stay in Maryland, what's going on in that case? Can we keep Maryland address?

Just now, Sally30 said:

He is studying now and he has a graduation in March

If he is in school now(MCCESS/29 Palms???) then I wouldn't move out there if I were you unless he has a school that will allow dependents depending how long the school is for. Do you know where he might be stationed after he graduates his MOS school? You can always inform USCIS of the change of address which it looks like no matter where you go that is what you will have to do. 

You can PM me if you want to help you understand better Marine Corps specific things. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a green 2 year card holder and sending my documents for 10 year green card soon. Could you help me and tell me what forms should I fill out and send to USCIS?

Thank you so much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sally30 said:

Hello everyone,

I am a green 2 year card holder and sending my documents for 10 year green card soon. Could you help me and tell me what forms should I fill out and send to USCIS?

Thank you so much!

There's a step by step guide on here, https://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide. It holds a lot of info. Besides the guide, use the USCIS instructions on their website. VJ is a guideline, USCIS instructions are leading.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The form called I-751 and the link for the instructions to fill it out is in the previous post

01I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

03/15/2019: Had to file I90 since no card was sent

01/28/2020: Card is being produced (I751)

02/03/2020: Card in hand (I751)

N-400 #1 Feb 2016 (Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed under the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

03/06/2019 The Interview (Can't be approved since I'm not eligible for the 3 year rule anymore, will have to file again under the 5 year rule, FML)

03/09/2019: Official Deny letter Via certified mail

N-400 #2 March 2019 IOE (Pending)(5-year Rule) 

03/09/2019: N-400 filed online under the 5 year rule (Within 72 hours of the interview)

03/09/2019: NOA1 via web Portal

03/18/2019: NOA1 in the mail

03/19/2019: NOA2 via web Portal. Bio-metrics for 04/02/2019

03/21/2019: Successful early walk-in Bio-metrics

01/22/2020: Case changed to Interview was scheduled for 03/06/2020

03/16/2020: Denied for a dismissed criminal case 3 years ago

04/22/2020: Filled N336 to appeal the decision

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi there,

It's time to send the documents to remove conditions on permanent residence card. Could you please help me and tell me what forms and additional documents I should send? And would be helpful if you share you experience with me. 

Thank you in advance!

8 minutes ago, Sally30 said:

Hi there,

It's time to send the documents to remove conditions on permanent residence card. Could you please help me and tell me what forms and additional documents I should send? And would be helpful if you share you experience with me. 

Thank you in advance!

https://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Two similar topics merged and a third without answers removed; please do not start multiple threads on the same issue.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H changed the title to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage (merged topics)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.