AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
40 minutes ago, LoveAlways2 said:

OMG! Are you thinking of rescheduling? What are the odds 😅

I'm just gonna go with the flow I guess.

My husband was just saying there imagine you go into labor during the interview.. 

Officially became a US Citizen early this morning. My ceremony was initially scheduled at 12 PM today but yesterday while a work I got a missed call and a voicemail saying that due to unforeseen circumstances , the location and time changed. They said if I couldn't make it , they would reschedule for March 5th. 

I also got a an email last night from the field office notifying me of the change. So this morning I checked in right before 9 AM in South Boston. The whole process ended around 11 something. Very long and tiring morning for everyone, switching to the new time and location at the last minute.  We had the chance to register to vote - also we got a year of membership to the MFA ( Museum of Fine Arts )  for free. There were about 200 people who got naturalized this morning and I believe they had another ceremony right after ours at noon. The judge's speech was very inspiring  - I am glad this journey is over. 

I applied for my passport at the post office in my town ( expedited because of a trip in about 4 weeks. They said it takes about 2-3 weeks). 

Thank You All !!!!

Edited by Mamamia00

58 minutes ago, Mamamia00 said:

Officially became a US Citizen early this morning. My ceremony was initially scheduled at 12 PM today but yesterday while a work I got a missed call and a voicemail saying that due to unforeseen circumstances , the location and time changed. They said if I couldn't make it , they would reschedule for March 5th. 

I also got a an email last night from the field office notifying me of the change. So this morning I checked in right before 9 AM in South Boston. The whole process ended around 11 something. Very long and tiring morning for everyone, switching to the new time and location at the last minute.  We had the chance to register to vote - also we got a year of membership to the MFA ( Museum of Fine Arts )  for free. There were about 200 people who got naturalized this morning and I believe they had another ceremony right after ours at noon. The judge's speech was very inspiring  - I am glad this journey is over. 

I applied for my passport at the post office in my town ( expedited because of a trip in about 4 weeks. They said it takes about 2-3 weeks). 

Thank You All !!!!

Congratuations!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

On 1/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Rose&Jorge said:

Yes I applied in July online for  Las Vegas, Estimated completion is Sept 2020.

No interview yet :( 

I applied in mid July, Newark office. My profile was counting down the estimated time for a response. Unfortunately now it says "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time"

just gotta wait. My estimated completion timeline is March 2020. Ive been browsing previous months and Newark is quite behind.

I filed in Dallas TX on July 29,2019 with pending I-751.

This morning I got a notice that my interview has been scheduled although it’s not yet in the Documents Tab online. I’m very excited. Almost there

Received an RFE after my interview, and it says the following:

"Submit IRS tax return transcripts for the past three (3) years prior to filing your application or copies of the income tax forms (with W-2s) you filed for the past 3 years. For assistance, contact the IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040 or complete Form 4506 (Request for Copy of Tax Return) available at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf. Also provide proof of payment for your Federal, state and local taxes owed for the last three (3) years prior to filing your application. If you have any Federal, state or local taxes that are overdue or outstanding, submit the following: A signed agreement from IRS, state or local tax office showing that you have filed a tax return and have arranged to pay the taxes you owe; and documentation from the IRS, state or local tax office showing the current status of your repayment program."

I knew this was coming, but it's still not clear to me exactly what is expected.  My interviewer told me that I'm missing the tax return transcripts, except in this letter, it says I can provide that OR income tax forms (with W-2s).  I assume this means I can submit tax returns with my W-2s instead?  Also, not really sure what it means by proof of payment of taxes owed:  I paid whatever taxes I owed online through my bank, would it be some sort of bank statement?  Does anyone know if the tax return transcripts include proof of payment of taxes owed?  

I called USCIS twice, and twice I was told to consult an attorney if I have a question about this request, which seems a little ridiculous to me if they sent out the request.  🤔  I don't have an attorney since this has been a straightforward process so far, and this still seems like such a simple question they should be able to answer!

Any help would be much appreciated!

59 minutes ago, juliewangn said:

Received an RFE after my interview, and it says the following:

"Submit IRS tax return transcripts for the past three (3) years prior to filing your application or copies of the income tax forms (with W-2s) you filed for the past 3 years. For assistance, contact the IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040 or complete Form 4506 (Request for Copy of Tax Return) available at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf. Also provide proof of payment for your Federal, state and local taxes owed for the last three (3) years prior to filing your application. If you have any Federal, state or local taxes that are overdue or outstanding, submit the following: A signed agreement from IRS, state or local tax office showing that you have filed a tax return and have arranged to pay the taxes you owe; and documentation from the IRS, state or local tax office showing the current status of your repayment program."

I knew this was coming, but it's still not clear to me exactly what is expected.  My interviewer told me that I'm missing the tax return transcripts, except in this letter, it says I can provide that OR income tax forms (with W-2s).  I assume this means I can submit tax returns with my W-2s instead?  Also, not really sure what it means by proof of payment of taxes owed:  I paid whatever taxes I owed online through my bank, would it be some sort of bank statement?  Does anyone know if the tax return transcripts include proof of payment of taxes owed?  

I called USCIS twice, and twice I was told to consult an attorney if I have a question about this request, which seems a little ridiculous to me if they sent out the request.  🤔  I don't have an attorney since this has been a straightforward process so far, and this still seems like such a simple question they should be able to answer!

Any help would be much appreciated!

I would submit tax transcripts just to be safe. You can download your transcripts online through www.irs.gov. It's a quick and easy process.

May I ask if you applied under 3 year or 5 year rule?

N-400:

07/19/2019: Applied online

08/07/2019: Biometrics 

01/22/2020: Interview scheduled

02/26/2020: Interview.

02/27/2020: Status changed to Approved. Oath scheduled for 03/18/2020

6 minutes ago, SilverLake said:

I would submit tax transcripts just to be safe. You can download your transcripts online through www.irs.gov. It's a quick and easy process.

May I ask if you applied under 3 year or 5 year rule?

Yes, I just realized it's easy to get tax transcripts, thanks though!  Still have to provide proof of payment of taxes owed for state and local.  Maybe I missed a big chunk of the original application, but I didn't think such detailed proof of taxes are needed!

3 year rule, which is likely why they're asking for the past 3 years.

1 minute ago, juliewangn said:

Yes, I just realized it's easy to get tax transcripts, thanks though!  Still have to provide proof of payment of taxes owed for state and local.  Maybe I missed a big chunk of the original application, but I didn't think such detailed proof of taxes are needed!

3 year rule, which is likely why they're asking for the past 3 years.

Do you have an account on www.irs.gov? If you do, I believe they will show you the balance you owe and the payments you have made by clicking "View My Account".

Or you can go straight to your local IRS office and ask them to provide the records for you. Just my 2 cents!

N-400:

07/19/2019: Applied online

08/07/2019: Biometrics 

01/22/2020: Interview scheduled

02/26/2020: Interview.

02/27/2020: Status changed to Approved. Oath scheduled for 03/18/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you submit tax documentation at all before? They need to see you are in compliance. You have to pay taxes if you are eligible and so everyone has to submit 3 years proof of paying those taxes and if it showed that you owed, show whatever proof that you paid. I don't consider this a lot of detail. Just show you are in compliance. If you contact the IRS they will be able to tell you what records are available. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

On 1/30/2020 at 3:31 PM, Mamamia00 said:

Thank You All !!!!

Congratulations! Quick question, did they take your certificate of naturalization when you applied for the passport? I went to the post office and they took mine, they said I was going to get it back a few days after I got my passport. It makes me nervous lol 

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, LoveAlways2 said:

Congratulations! Quick question, did they take your certificate of naturalization when you applied for the passport? I went to the post office and they took mine, they said I was going to get it back a few days after I got my passport. It makes me nervous lol 

Yes they take it,its the normal protocal,to take it so they can verify that you are a citizen 

8 hours ago, LoveAlways2 said:

lol yes it's with them :(

16 hours ago, jamrep said:

Yes they take it,its the normal protocal,to take it so they can verify that you are a citizen 

14 hours ago, Mamamia00 said:

lol yes it's with them :(

Ok :) just wanted to make sure. The lady was very nice, and she did staple my certificate to my application and I've got to say that hurt a little :( lol 

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.