Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,560 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I also have another doubt.  

My partner is currently pursuing his PhD, but is on a fellowship and that fellowship pays well above the specified income level. 

We're doing a co-sponsor just in case they dont accept cause hes a student after all. Is that necessary? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
18 hours ago, kumbaya said:

congrats to everyone getting approved!

hoping next week is my week 😛but maybe the week after that, just noticed my timeline shifted from the 13th to the 16th so who knows 😂

sitting at 82 days now 

We are pretty close on date! Today is day 84 for us. I'm hoping it's soon.

16 hours ago, CMM said:

Hello all,

So we recieved our Noa2 on Oct 3rd and I have a couple of doubts. 

1) Is there like a link or a page in VJ where I can view a list of the documentation we need to prepare for the interview? 

2) I read people saying that we can start calling the NVC in around 4 weeks. Once we get the case number,  can I go ahead and do the medical, fill in my Ds160 and book my interview slot?

3) If I get an interview date maybe in like a month, and I still dont get the packet 3 from my embassy, what do I do? Do I rebook the interview?  Or packet three /the call letter isnt necessary in the Mumbai Embassy?

Congratulations! :)

Here's a handy link for the documents you need for the interview: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide/

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, CMM said:

I also have another doubt.  

My partner is currently pursuing his PhD, but is on a fellowship and that fellowship pays well above the specified income level. 

We're doing a co-sponsor just in case they dont accept cause hes a student after all. Is that necessary? 

Congrats and yay a India NOA2!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Feels like there’s no approvals happening from July. And yet there are so little people waiting compared to June. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, FreyandRyan said:

Feels like there’s no approvals happening from July. And yet there are so little people waiting compared to June. 

Tic toc tic toc - day 93 
the sand of time is running - Hopefully we will see a reply soon ..

keep positive- even if it is hard...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Anyone who got their NOA1 on 8/13 getting approved NOA 2s yet?

The latest approved one I’ve seen is 7/8. August will still have a while to wait. 

5 minutes ago, Viking said:

Tic toc tic toc - day 93 
the sand of time is running - Hopefully we will see a reply soon ..

keep positive- even if it is hard...

Trying to. We’re on day 75 and it feels likes it’s been forever. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, FreyandRyan said:

It seems like forever but once the NOA2 arrives you forget about the wait. So many more things you'll have to do you'll miss just waiting. Best of luck to all as I wait for my friends approval. We had to wait 235 days before receiving our NOA2  (Dec 15,2017 filer)

Edited by Lowkeygt

Timeline

235 Days....woooo😳   That sounds unbearable... teach me the mastery of patience for you must be a 5 degree black belt ... how did you manage..

I believe you are right in your thoughts- the whole process is loooong and that is even before arriving in the US - reading up on EAD and adjustments of status makes the NOA2 seem like an easy warm up.

we must remember still to be greatly appreciative of the possibility - afterall we are privileged that we get the opportunity.

I hope I will remember this statement in years to come...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
2 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

The latest approved one I’ve seen is 7/8. August will still have a while to wait. 

Same here 75 days in...Sigh I feel like everything has just slowed down...Then I was reading about the change that is being proposed to be implemented Nov about immigrants apply for a visa should prove to either have enough money to cover health insurance or prove that they will be able to have health insurance within a month of being in the US.  I am just ready to be over this part now... I do hate this wait.  

Timeline

Pleas send a link.

i checked out Cigna Global health insurance for expatriates- it was reasonable.. this is what i intend.

it would be risky to move to the US without the health insurance or capital to cover for the - what if’s...in my humble opinion.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Viking said:

Pleas send a link.

i checked out Cigna Global health insurance for expatriates- it was reasonable.. this is what i intend.

it would be risky to move to the US without the health insurance or capital to cover for the - what if’s...in my humble opinion.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/05/politics/trump-immigration-health-care-visas/index.html

I agree... I would need to find a reasonable one until hopefully I get coverage from a job obtained... Do you have any good recommendations?

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.