Ezero2k

I-751 July 2019 Filers

2,061 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, shayden10 said:

I think you quoted me and not the original poster :)

However, I think that if you submit your paperwork within the first two years of marriage than you will be given a temporary green card no matter when it is issued (even if you receive it after your two years of marriage), if you apply after two years of marriage or you enter already married than you receive a 10 year one. I believe this is the case because the "conditions" of the green card is that you remain married for two years and in those situations the paperwork is submitted after those conditions are met. In your case, your paperwork was submitted during the two years so based on that you hadn't satisfied the conditions.

Well isn't it something that my 2 year anniversary was 12 days after my interview and considering my case was held up for so long, perhaps they should have waited until October 3rd and sent me a 10 year card. Of course we are talking about government and nothing ever makes sense in how they do things. That applies here and in Canada. Sorry. I thought I quoted the initial poster. Of course now, my case for my 10 year has now been sent to Nebraska, the service center that takes 24 to 30 months to process this. And someone told me the other day that I likely won't get my biometrics appointment for 10 months! Will be so glad to get my citizenship and not have to do this any longer!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Update:

On 08/27/2019 i sent an electronic inquiry for not receiving a biometric after almost 2 months of filing and this is the email i received today:

The status of this service request is:

We have requested the I-751 Receipt Notice with Extension be sent to the address listed in our systems. You should receive it within 10-14 business days.

Biometric appointments are scheduled based upon set protocol related to each application/petition and/or their associated processing times. You will be scheduled for and notified of an appointment at the appropriate time.

NOTE: Please be sure you are registered to receive mail at the address listed in our systems. Your name must be physically placed on the mailbox. Keep the USPS informed as to who resides at your address, especially when individuals with different last names receive mail at a specified address. This and failure to submit address changes are the two main reasons mail is returned to us as undeliverable.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

it wasn't really helpful honestly and I don't know why they don't make an inquiry just for biometrics,now I'll end up with two copies of my extension letter and i hope that won't create any issues 🤦🏻‍♂️

Timeline
5 hours ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

Biometric appointments are scheduled based upon set protocol related to each application/petition and/or their associated processing times. You will be scheduled for and notified of an appointment at the appropriate time.

What the heck does that even mean?? Sounds like government 'speak' to me. 

Timeline

I am going to ask this again since this is the forum for July 2019 filers for the conditions of the GC to be removed. Did anyone who filed in July have their case sent to Nebraska (LIN)?

1 minute ago, camerica said:

I am going to ask this again since this is the forum for July 2019 filers for the conditions of the GC to be removed. Did anyone who filed in July have their case sent to Nebraska (LIN)?

I did, noted in my timeline

Just now, camerica said:

Have you received your biometrics appointment?

I have not, looking at the Nebraska Google list it is not uncommon to be several months

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I have not, looking at the Nebraska Google list it is not uncommon to be several months

Yes, I was told that those who filed in December are just now receiving their biometric appointments. I wonder if there is a 'rhyme or reason' for where our cases are sent.

4 minutes ago, camerica said:

Yes, I was told that those who filed in December are just now receiving their biometric appointments. I wonder if there is a 'rhyme or reason' for where our cases are sent.

If there is I am sure it makes no sense to anyone but themselves, the good news if you look at the dates they are much better than they self report be and many of the approvals have no biometrics or interview

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

If there is I am sure it makes no sense to anyone but themselves, the good news if you look at the dates they are much better than they self report be and many of the approvals have no biometrics or interview

Well, that would be so great! I waited so long from my adjustment of status to the time when they finally realized that something was "up" with my file. December 2015 to September 2017 for an interview. Maybe I will catch a break now! 

11 minutes ago, camerica said:

Well, that would be so great! I waited so long from my adjustment of status to the time when they finally realized that something was "up" with my file. December 2015 to September 2017 for an interview. Maybe I will catch a break now! 

I hope you do, I was quick on initial visa and AOS, expecting the scales to balance eventually

Also received in the morning answer about my request for biometrics appointment:

Type of service requested:
 -- Non-Delivery of Other Notice

The status of this service request is:

You or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 application  to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Our records show that your I-751 application is currently pending for review. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

So, yes, pretty standard answer, however I asked specifically about “Will I receive the biometrics or uscis will use the previous ones”...

ok, will continue to wait and do nothing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys,

just wanted to share that on September 10th I had my fingerprints taken in Manhanttan. My case is in Vermont, and it seems is moving fast. Is there a spreadsheet for Vermont cases?

Many thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.