N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Was awakened slightly prematurely from much-needed nap, afternoon man.

Mama T-B. had to take Uncle T-B. back to hospital emergency, recurrence of recently resolved (?) problem man.

Fortunately, Uncle T-B. sent home with prescription for antibiotic, let's hope man.

We volunteered to fill this, full we man.

We ended up having to T-B.-mobile Many (2x2x2) miles to find an open Walgreens pharmacy at Many (2x2x2-1) p.m., grrrr man.

These pharmacies have bankers' hours, never open man.

We also picked up some necessary/treat groceries for Uncle T-B., senior he man.

We are out-wiped, still must de-dish cat prep zzz man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Was awakened slightly prematurely from much-needed nap, afternoon man.

Mama T-B. had to take Uncle T-B. back to hospital emergency, recurrence of recently resolved (?) problem man.

Fortunately, Uncle T-B. sent home with prescription for antibiotic, let's hope man.

We volunteered to fill this, full we man.

We ended up having to T-B.-mobile Many (2x2x2) miles to find an open Walgreens pharmacy at Many (2x2x2-1) p.m., grrrr man.

These pharmacies have bankers' hours, never open man.

We also picked up some necessary/treat groceries for Uncle T-B., senior he man.

We are out-wiped, still must de-dish cat prep zzz man.

They usually send patients home with a couple day supply here.

In the last couple of years they've been training some of us in community medicine, so we can check up on people like your uncle - make sure he has his meds at home and do some early interventions, if necessary. 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

22 hours ago, SAT said:

How am I supposed to tell you that she's a super hot single milfy, if I don't say that she's a super hot single milfy? 

The point is her hotness nor singleness shouldn't matter.  nor should she be a milf by definition. Unless yer all about that open relationship in which case by all means, hotness, milf and single.. wooo! 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I get my Rx at CVS because most often they're open from 9a-9p because inside target.

I'm not sure Tbone has ever been in a target

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NikLR said:

The point is her hotness nor singleness shouldn't matter.  nor should she be a milf by definition. Unless yer all about that open relationship in which case by all means, hotness, milf and single.. wooo! 

Ffs are we still talking about this? 

Don't you know me and my mouth a little by now? 

Yes she's single and hot, highly educated, very qualified bachelorette.  But she's our friend. And we've become decent friends in the past year.

It just so happens that Turtle is in a very unique experimental program. The only one of its kind in NYC. There's only 18 kids, and  they'll stay together from preK thru fifth grade. The kids and parents have become a very close knit group.

Schmilfy has become very close to us, I think for many reasons. She just graduated with a master's degree that is in my field. And she's looking at a doctorate. She was an only child with no cousins, so it was her and her folks all this time. Her folks are moving to Florida and she is going to be on her own. She's a fairly new mom with 1 child. We're experienced parents with the older kid, she calls us when her daughter is sick, etc. Sometimes we babysit Turtle's bestie. She and baby daddy are good friends and cooperate to raise turtle bestie, so we've become friends with him too. 

I use that description so that I don't have to use a name. If it'll make you happy, I'll refer to her as "single cold and ugly milfy".

Timeline
21 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I get my Rx at CVS because most often they're open from 9a-9p because inside target.

I'm not sure Tbone has ever been in a target

1- I like Walgreens. 

2 Tarklar has not been TO a Target, but I'm sure he has been A target...

Timeline
44 minutes ago, SAT said:

It just so happens that Turtle is in a very unique experimental program. The only one of its kind in NYC. There's only 18 kids, and  they'll stay together from preK thru fifth grade. The kids and parents have become a very close knit group.

So like our school district. LOL, well up until recently. 84 kids in that pre-K class with the Troll. 17 or so in the 6th grade class. 

And we aren't close knit at all. We all know each other's business, but friends? Nope.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

When the older kid first went to kindergarten here, there was an open position in the SLT. It's an elected position, but I was asked to join it as a fill in. The board consists of the principal, 5 teachers, 1 teachers union rep, and 6 parents. The primary function of the SLT is to incorporate a Comprehensive educational plan, interview some job applicants,  And create non-PTA events. 

So that first year, the principal wanted to create this program, and I have to admit, I was skeptical. I reluctantly agreed to it. It took 2 years to get it off the ground. Securing funding and a new annex 1 block away. Turtle is the 4th class. The first one is now in second grade. And watching these kids progress left me in awe. They're all doing great! And Turtle's class is even more unique, because we hired a very special teacher with a background in child psychology. She's the highest paid teacher in the school at around 150k a year. But even she was amazed. She has never seen a bunch of kids this close. I credit her for it. I sat in the classroom many times. And the way she teaches the children and friendship...And she speaks Italian to the kids. So turtle speaks Italian now lol. 

This summer, the kids got together twice just because they miss each other. In passing, the parents became good friends. Everyone is amazed by this class. 

Now, 5 years later, I'm still on the SLT, and I'm really glad that I voted this program in. 

This is not a "zoned" program, so anyone can apply. Well word got out, and for next year, there's like a thousand applicants for 18 seats. 

Here's turtle and her ole buddy. You gotta see how much they fight lol

20190531_203337_zpsqtp4lo8k.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, SAT said:

I use that description so that I don't have to use a name. If it'll make you happy, I'll refer to her as "single cold and ugly milfy".

Well I was teasing you, not judging. You could call her Sam (unless that's her real name). I assume you know what Sam could mean. 

3 hours ago, SAT said:

Ffs are we still talking about this? 

Don't you know me and my mouth a little by now? 

Yes she's single and hot, highly educated, very qualified bachelorette.  But she's our friend. And we've become decent friends in the past year.

Schmilfy has become very close to us, I think for many reasons. She just graduated with a master's degree that is in my field. And she's looking at a doctorate. She was an only child with no cousins, so it was her and her folks all this time. Her folks are moving to Florida and she is going to be on her own. She's a fairly new mom with 1 child. We're experienced parents with the older kid, she calls us when her daughter is sick, etc. Sometimes we babysit Turtle's bestie. She and baby daddy are good friends and cooperate to raise turtle bestie, so we've become friends with him too. 

Teasing you because I know you.  LOL

MILF by definition does not imply ugly or cold. 

Out of curiousity, would it not be better to NOT have a tight knit group? It is harder for children to learn to make friends as they get older if they aren't exposed to new people. I had a large range of acquaintances and very few friends.   A friend of mine, her kids can't even order food on their own because they don't have to interact with a large group of people so anyone new is like freeze up time. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Out of curiousity, would it not be better to NOT have a tight knit group? It is harder for children to learn to make friends as they get older if they aren't exposed to new people. I had a large range of acquaintances and very few friends.   A friend of mine, her kids can't even order food on their own because they don't have to interact with a large group of people so anyone new is like freeze up time. 

That's got nothing to do with her not making other friends you know...

There's my wife's thuggy friends kids, the neighbors kids etc...

Timeline

After removing the sandbox that is our backyard and now having grass springing forth, we've been tackling adding grass back in other areas. We did one side of the house last year.  It is a lot of work. Many truckloads of rock to be taken away, etc. Today we were working yet again on the other side. So much rock. and then to discover there is a concrete pad under all the soil on that side of the house.  I think it might be a walkway , but at least part of it is now under one of my vegetable beds I guess.  I always wondered why the one in the front suddenly stopped where our little snippet of fence is. Now I know. Our siding doesn't even go down far enough to properly even out the ridiculous built up dirt. I'm not sure how they thought this would fix their water problems. Let's just pile clay soil on top of the outdoor concrete, feet higher than our foundation wall. Then, cover that with plastic and a couple of inches of river rock.   

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e5f7b17e05a2bc17b7

3/26/18 Biometrics