marymon

N400 June 2019 Filers

895 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, organejuice789 said:

did you have an estimated completion time on the online portal? Mine disappeared and it hasn't reappeared since. 

My estimated completion time also disappeared  and it only has the date submitted and the receipt number.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally had my oath ceremony today.

For reference, I filed on June 24, 2019, had my interview on March 5th-was not instantly approved due to fingerprint issues so I had to submit a police clearance certification which I did on March 28th. 

I honestly wasn't expecting anything until end of this year, and frankly, I would not mind at all since health is far more important than my citizenship, but the notice came and now it's finally done. 

Good luck everyone!Your time will come too  when you least expect it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/26/2020 at 8:50 AM, Eli_za said:

Hope everyone is doing good!!

I’m sorry to ask but does the social and dl need to be updated in order to register to vote??? (From permanent resident to US Citizen? 

I was wondering if you need to update your citizenship status before registering to vote. 

Yes, since only US citizens are eligible to vote. Once you've updated your status with social security wait a few days and go to the MVD.  They can process your voter registration along with your DL. That's what I did here in Phoenix. 

Edited by Rosegrove

USCIS Stage

I-130 petition sent: 8/4/2015

NOA 1: 8/17/2015 (NSC)

RFE recieved: 01/15/2016

RFE response sent: 01/23/2016

I-130 petition approved: 02/5/2016

NOA 2 recieved: 02/16/2016
Case sent to NVC: 02/17/2016

NVC Stage

Case recieved: 2/24/2016 (called NVC)

Case# & IIN recieved: 3/4/2016

DS-261 submitted: 3/4/2016

AOS fee paid: 3/11/2016

Revieved DS-261 via phone: 3/8/2016

Recieved IV-Bill: 3/9/2016

Paid IV-Bill: 3/12/2016

Sent AOS / IV Package: 3/16/2016

Submit DS-260: 3/17/2016

NVC Scan Date: 3/18/2016

Case Complete: 4/18/2016

Interview Date assigned: 4/28/2016

P4 recieved: 4/29/2016 (via e-mail) 

Embassy Stage

Medical Examination: 5/3/2016 (MUC)

Interview Date: 6/9/2016 (FRA)

CEAC status "Issued": 6/10/2016

Visa in hand: 06/11/2016 

POE: 06/25/2016 (Seattle)

Removal of Conditions 

File sent to CSC: 4/9/2018

NOA: 5/19/2018

18 Month Extension: 8/11/2018

Biometrics Waiver: 2/22/2019

Case approved: 4/25/2019

NOA received: 4/28/2019

GC received: 5/2/2019

Naturalization

Submitted N-400 (online): 06/26/2019

Biometrics scheduled: 06/29/2019

Biometrics appointment: 07/17/2019

On 8/28/2020 at 5:27 AM, Rosegrove said:

Yes, since only US citizens are eligible to vote. Once you've updated your status with social security wait a few days and go to the MVD.  They can process your voter registration along with your DL. That's what I did here in Phoenix. 

Unfortunately the SS are closed until further notice 😪

i was wondering if anyone anyone has registered to vote without updating the social. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/30/2020 at 1:00 AM, Eli_za said:

Unfortunately the SS are closed until further notice 😪

i was wondering if anyone anyone has registered to vote without updating the social. 

You do not need to update DL or SS to register to vote.  I got naturalized in March and registered to vote. In most of the places ( at least in NJ where I live), you do need to  provide ID in the form when you register to vote ( your DL number, not an updated DL).  You would be asked for Proof of ID at time of voting if you do not provide the ID in the voter registration form. 

But otherwise SS has nothing with Registration to vote and neither does DL update. SS update is needed only if you expect to receive benefits due only for citizens in the short term. 

I did my interview last week and was told I am approved on site. Do you know how long it will take for the notice of the oath ceremony to come? My estimated completion time became Feb 2021 and estimate wait time became  5 months all of a sudden and with the following messages: 

You attended your interview

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, organejuice789 said:

I did my interview last week and was told I am approved on site. Do you know how long it will take for the notice of the oath ceremony to come? My estimated completion time became Feb 2021 and estimate wait time became  5 months all of a sudden and with the following messages: 

You attended your interview

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

I have the same message too and  my interview was last week. I want to know if you hear  them yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, bing10 said:

I'm a June 2019 filer, had my interview back in February, and am STILL waiting for a decision.

so when you had the interview did they gave you a paper saying decision cannot be made? 120 days have been passed. so you can always threaten them with mandamus with the help of a lawyer.

1 minute ago, Fahad86 said:

so when you had the interview did they gave you a paper saying decision cannot be made? 120 days have been passed. so you can always threaten them with mandamus with the help of a lawyer.

Yes, got the paper saying a decision cannot be made.

Yep, already had my lawyer threaten mandamus. I've also had congressman and senators make inquiries too. So far no movement at all, and online still just says 'your interview has been scheduled'.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, bing10 said:

Yes, got the paper saying a decision cannot be made.

Yep, already had my lawyer threaten mandamus. I've also had congressman and senators make inquiries too. So far no movement at all, and online still just says 'your interview has been scheduled'.

So the question is are you going to keep waiting? If they havent responded to any correspondence above i would file the mandamus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.