Jump to content

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just wanted to share my experience at the medical as reading everyone else's prior to mine was extremely helpful.

 

 I got to Knightsbridge Medical at 9:30am on Monday June 3rd (my appointment was at 9:50am) and it was extremely easy to find. I took the tube to Oxford Circus and just walked and it took 10 minutes. When you get to the door you just press the buzzer for Flat 4, nobody speaks but the door will click open. It is the door on your right hand side. I went straight to reception and she said that because I was early, I needed to take a seat in the waiting room and then come back up at exactly 9:50am to hand in my paperwork and do a urine sample, but if I needed the bathroom now I could do the sample straight away (I took her up on this offer). I handed the urine sample back in and then sat in the waiting room. The waiting room had jugs of cold water and plastic cups. My Dad also was with me as I live 5 hours away so he came for the day in London, and he sat in the waiting room with me the whole time. At 9:50am I went back up and the receptionist asked for all the required documents you are asked to bring and she took photocopies of them and gave me another medical questionnaire. She asked me to fill it in in the waiting room and then return it when it was completed, it was basically an extended version of the one you have to fill out before you get there. After I handed it back in, a nurse called me and she went through my vaccinations list and said I was all up to date and I could go back to the waiting room. About 10 minutes later a doctor called me and he went through all of my medical summary and then I was asked to remove my clothing (not underwear) and put on a gown. He then let me lay down and he took my bloods and poked my stomach and my feet. He then asked me to sit up and put my glasses on and we did an eye test. I then got re-dressed and went back to the waiting room. 15 minutes later another doctor came and he took me to have my chest x-ray. I again had to get undressed from the waist up and put another gown on, you have to press your chest up against the screen and its over in 10 seconds. Your hair also needs to be up (if you have long hair) but they have a hair clip in the chest x-ray room. I was directed back to the waiting room again and then called back up to reception a few moments later. The receptionist gave me a sheet of paper with my confirmation of the vaccines I have and told me to keep this for when I do Adjustment of Status and to not take it to the interview as they would already have a copy. I then had to pay the £330 (however she did say the price was now increasing to £350) and then I was free to go! From the start of my appointment, it took 90 minutes and I had been so nervous but it really was no big deal and the staff were very friendly. My interview is scheduled for 18th June, so fingers crossed we get approved!

 

Any questions let me know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***Moved to UK regional discussion area****


"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I have my medical next week lets hope it goes as smooth as yours did,

I was just wondering, how did you get your interview date? Did you have to book it or did you get a date and time in the post? Feeling like ive missed something. Also how long did you wait? 

TIA 

Sophie x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Sophinnaa91 said:

Hey, I have my medical next week lets hope it goes as smooth as yours did,

I was just wondering, how did you get your interview date? Did you have to book it or did you get a date and time in the post? Feeling like ive missed something. Also how long did you wait? 

TIA 

Sophie x

Hi! I am sure it will be fine :) I booked the interview myself. I had tracked my case on the CEAC website and when it went into "In Transit" I just scheduled the interview. I left 2 weeks between my medical and my interview, as although they recommend 5 days I have seen people leave 5 days and their medical stuff still hadn't got to the embassy :) 

 

Hope that helps! 

 

Charlie x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chazzam23 said:

Hi! I am sure it will be fine :) I booked the interview myself. I had tracked my case on the CEAC website and when it went into "In Transit" I just scheduled the interview. I left 2 weeks between my medical and my interview, as although they recommend 5 days I have seen people leave 5 days and their medical stuff still hadn't got to the embassy :) 

 

Hope that helps! 

 

Charlie x

Thats brilliant, thank you. Good luck on the rest of your visa journey.

Sophie x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Oaftobark said:

Hi, i was just wondering, do you schedule the medical yourself, and then schedule the embassy interview yourself? And can you choose any time you want?

Thanks

Yes, if the time you want isn't already taken by somebody else.

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hiya! Thanks for the informative write up. 

My visa case is now in transit to London, as of today. I would like to schedule the medical exam and I have all the required  documents ready (as listed on the website). I do not have an email or letter with my case number on it - my fiancé called up the NVC to obtain our case number. 

Did they ask for an email/letter with your case number on?

I'm a bit confused by the process... I have no idea when I'll receive any letters in the post? 

Thank you for your help!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, EmilyTim said:

Hiya! Thanks for the informative write up. 

My visa case is now in transit to London, as of today. I would like to schedule the medical exam and I have all the required  documents ready (as listed on the website). I do not have an email or letter with my case number on it - my fiancé called up the NVC to obtain our case number. 

Did they ask for an email/letter with your case number on?

I'm a bit confused by the process... I have no idea when I'll receive any letters in the post? 

Thank you for your help!!

When you make the appointment, you can verbally give them the number as if you had a letter/email. BUT you need one for real by the time you attend the medical because they do want to see it. Some have provided a screen shot of their number on CEAC status.

 

Do get all the shots needed for AOS before or at the medical. They will tell you that it's not necessary, but it will be a big hassle and expense for another doctor in the US. YOU WANT TO BE SIGNED OFF AT YOUR MEDICAL. Don't let them tell you to go back to your GP and it will be OK. It doesn't work like that.

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

When you make the appointment, you can verbally give them the number as if you had a letter/email. BUT you need one for real by the time you attend the medical because they do want to see it. Some have provided a screen shot of their number on CEAC status.

 

Do get all the shots needed for AOS before or at the medical. They will tell you that it's not necessary, but it will be a big hassle and expense for another doctor in the US. YOU WANT TO BE SIGNED OFF AT YOUR MEDICAL. Don't let them tell you to go back to your GP and it will be OK. It doesn't work like that.

Thanks for your help. I called up the medical centre and asked if a screenshot would be acceptable instead of a letter/email. She said yes, as long as they can visibly see it's me - she said that I need my name and case number to be on the screenshot. So I'm stuck again..... On the CEAC case tracker, it shows my case number but not my name. And my case number isn't on my DS-160 as the form didn't ask for it. I have no clue what to do. A friend of mine had her case shipped to the embassy in London weeks ago but still hasn't received anything in the mail. 

I have everything else ready - police certificate, vaccinations, medical summary, etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmilyTim said:

Thanks for your help. I called up the medical centre and asked if a screenshot would be acceptable instead of a letter/email. She said yes, as long as they can visibly see it's me - she said that I need my name and case number to be on the screenshot. So I'm stuck again..... On the CEAC case tracker, it shows my case number but not my name. And my case number isn't on my DS-160 as the form didn't ask for it. I have no clue what to do. A friend of mine had her case shipped to the embassy in London weeks ago but still hasn't received anything in the mail. 

I have everything else ready - police certificate, vaccinations, medical summary, etc. 

 

You didn't understand what I meant...Say you have your number, tell it to them, and get an appointment if you are looking for a shortcut or a better choice of dates. Don't explain and offer lots of information. Just get the appointment if you are anxious to have one.

 

By the time that appointment date gets here, you will have something in the mail/email to provide. Obviously don't pick an appointment this week because you won't have the number proof yet. Perhaps a date two weeks from now? (Say July 10-12?) It's simply a plan used by those that can't bear to extend their wait a few more weeks and want to take action.

 

Or just wait 2-3 weeks for a letter or email, then call and they won't have anything open until around  Aug 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You didn't understand what I meant...Say you have your number, tell it to them, and get an appointment if you are looking for a shortcut or a better choice of dates. Don't explain and offer lots of information. Just get the appointment if you are anxious to have one.

 

By the time that appointment date gets here, you will have something in the mail/email to provide. Obviously don't pick an appointment this week because you won't have the number proof yet. Perhaps a date two weeks from now? (Say July 10-12?) It's simply a plan used by those that can't bear to extend their wait a few more weeks and want to take action.

 

Or just wait 2-3 weeks for a letter or email, then call and they won't have anything open until around  Aug 1. 

I just wanted to ask if you knew whether it's typical to get a letter or email from London once the case reaches the embassy? I know some others have said they never got one. I had my case number from NVC via email some time ago and medical is booked, and case tracker has been showing 'ready' since the 17th, but wanted to know if I should be expecting anything in the post (or inbox) from London to confirm.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
54 minutes ago, futurecoloradogrl said:

I just wanted to ask if you knew whether it's typical to get a letter or email from London once the case reaches the embassy? I know some others have said they never got one. I had my case number from NVC via email some time ago and medical is booked, and case tracker has been showing 'ready' since the 17th, but wanted to know if I should be expecting anything in the post (or inbox) from London to confirm.  

It takes London a bit to get around to doing that letter. You are supposed to get a letter in the post. Some say they don't and I have no answer why not. They moved since petition? Somebody in London skipped them? Royal Mail put it in the letterbox up the road? You don't need the letter for anything. You already know how to proceed (instructions) and you already have your case number proof for the medical (email from NVC). Carry on. 🇬🇧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
18 hours ago, futurecoloradogrl said:

I just wanted to ask if you knew whether it's typical to get a letter or email from London once the case reaches the embassy? I know some others have said they never got one. I had my case number from NVC via email some time ago and medical is booked, and case tracker has been showing 'ready' since the 17th, but wanted to know if I should be expecting anything in the post (or inbox) from London to confirm.  

From the time I called up and got our LND reference number to the time we received an email conformation that our case was being transferred to London was roughly 9.  And came letter headed and read as follows (which can be used as proof at your medical) :-

 

"  LND No:

Date:

 

Dear Grumpy bum

 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in London, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

 

Next steps:

Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

 

Please keep the following information for your records:

 

LND No:

USCIS No:

principal applicant:

interview location 

address:

 

 

Thank you for your patience in the immigrant visa process.

 

Sincerely,


 

U.S. Department of State

National Visa Center"

 

if you have booked your medical and your case is in transit and you still have not received that conformation letter you can always goto :-

 

https//travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

 

Submit a request for it and they will kindly email you said document, but bear in mind it takes them up to 5 days to respond.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...